My RC autogyro prototype - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 19, 2017, 11:40 AM

Nope

Sorry Jeff,

Loops are not in the flight envelope with the original power system.

Cheers!

Russ
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2017, 07:03 PM

Cg

We long ago abandoned "hang angle" as the method for measuring CG on model gyros because we found it is not very accurate. As a help to those building Chippy with the thicker airfoil blades, the CG (balance point) along the bottom of the fuselage is 5.5 inches back from the bottom of the firewall on the nose of the model.
Aug 22, 2017, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rus1
We long ago abandoned "hang angle" as the method for measuring CG on model gyros because we found it is not very accurate. As a help to those building Chippy with the thicker airfoil blades, the CG (balance point) along the bottom of the fuselage is 5.5 inches back from the bottom of the firewall on the nose of the model.
russ you are free to make amendments to the plans or alter the plans altogether and I can reupload to the website or you can reupload here, I have other things in the works so I haven't been paying much attention here.
Aug 23, 2017, 11:18 AM
Jeff,
Thank you for your offer, but I am pretty much done with Chippy. It was an opportunity to apply the principles I learned (the hard way) by building lots of designs to see how they could be applied to improve Chippy.

Along the way, my hope was that interested gyronuts would benefit from the knowledge and techniques and be able to apply them on whatever models they are working with.

Cheers!
Russ