My RC autogyro prototype - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 20, 2017, 09:35 PM
I enjoy rc autogyros just as much full scale flying since its such a new thing I haven't tried.

gyrobee gyroplane cruising to a friends strip (12 min 32 sec)

gyrobee gyroplane cruising to the cotton fields (7 min 39 sec)

gyrobee gopro side mount helmet cam test (3 min 44 sec)

cruising in gyrobee (11 min 27 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 09:20 PM
I only got in a short flight today before the rain set in but I learned alot. basically with any trim or subtrim the stabilizer thinks your telling it to input a command and you have to toggle the flight mode switch really fast to let it know its neutral point. this is why it was turning left in auto level mode. Getting the level attitude right can be tricky depending on how fast you want to fly. Currently have a 50% rudder to aileron mix, will try a 100% rudder to aileron mix since it steers mostly with rudder anyway. All this will be covered in the 50+ page pdf file. I will be working on a website too that offers the free plans and other helpful stuff.
May 23, 2017, 04:51 PM
It's all in the Blades!
The problem with roll/rudder mix is that in certain situations with every flight you need to add opposite roll to flatten a turns etc (well I do any way). Wouldn't it be best to get a model flying almost hands free first? then compliment the model with a gyro after? I also find getting a few gyronuts to build your design is a bonus, they get to have fun and you get feed back and honest opinions.
The biggest issues with trying to replicate matching flight characteristics from one model to another is the head and blades, get these right and you can pretty much add what ever fuselage you want underneath.

I like the full size videos, is that you flying?

Keep at it

Rich
May 23, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings
The problem with roll/rudder mix is that in certain situations with every flight you need to add opposite roll to flatten a turns etc (well I do any way). Wouldn't it be best to get a model flying almost hands free first? then compliment the model with a gyro after? I also find getting a few gyronuts to build your design is a bonus, they get to have fun and you get feed back and honest opinions.
The biggest issues with trying to replicate matching flight characteristics from one model to another is the head and blades, get these right and you can pretty much add what ever fuselage you want underneath.

I like the full size videos, is that you flying?

Keep at it

Rich
Thanks mate yes thats me. The roll/rudder mix just makes the turns more coordinated. I released the plans. They even show how to configure the lemon rx stabilizer plus for newbie pilots.
Last edited by RedBaron_RC; May 23, 2017 at 08:29 PM.