May 07, 2017, 03:49 PM
Great design, RedBaron!
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2017, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingNiko
Great design, RedBaron!
Thanks niko Have you looked at the crane fly by tom wright. He is passed but it seems like a great design to me. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...e-Fly-Autogyro

I wrecked prototype number two today with the stabilizer twice while flying in gusty winds. Apparently a anti clockwise turning rotor, along with a anti clockwise turning prop plus a slightly shortened mast equals so much left rotor trim the blades hit the horizontal stabilizer "yes the horizontal stablizer" twice making a loud popping sound and then hitting the ground. The left portion of the horizontal stab tells the tale!
May 08, 2017, 08:42 PM

Chippy MK1

I am working on the pdf plans as we speak, should be anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks as I have to learn how to make a pdf file. Not as complicated as I thought. Any deviation from the design now just seems to make it fly worse so I will stick with what I have learned.
May 10, 2017, 08:43 PM
The plans should be released by next week at the earliest and two weeks after that at the latest. should be around 50 plus pages in pdf format with pictures and detailed drawings showing how each part is made. All the way up to the fledgling autogyro pilots first flight.
May 11, 2017, 05:19 AM
Wow, that's great. I like the retro-look picture in your previous post (sepia-coloured).
May 12, 2017, 09:21 PM
Trying to upload a pdf for people that want to get a head start but I exceeded rcgroups pdf file size.
May 13, 2017, 02:26 PM
Hello Jeff, is it correct the pdf is 19 pages in length?
May 13, 2017, 05:37 PM
For now yes, they are not complete yet. You can gather up the materials you need ahead of time and build some of the fuselage.
May 16, 2017, 08:20 PM
I will be using the orange rx stabilizer plus in the chippy I am building as I make the plans. It looks like the orange rx has bank limits just like safe mode that beginners are familiar with. The hobby eagle A3 stabilized quite well as long as there was no input on the sticks. As good autogyro pilots know we use the roll just to stay level and steer with the rudder. Should save a bit of weight too since the hobby eagle didn't have a built in rx.
May 18, 2017, 09:21 PM
Hoping to have the first plans built chippy mk1 ready to go by tomorrow. My copilot will be over tomorrow after supper and I hope to get video of a beginner who isn't used to flying without safe mode be my guinea pig. I couldn't get the lemon rx stab plus to switch between flight modes then I looked at the rcgroups manual and its comes with stabilization turned off. Got that working. Ready to roll!
May 19, 2017, 11:00 PM
Total disaster aweful handeling in pitch stability. Stability mode off model pitches up and the blades consume each other, model crashes in spectacular fashion. If it wasn't for the 45 page PDF file I would ditch this.model and start over, but the original model flew fine, pissed and relived at the same time
May 20, 2017, 01:40 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. Didn't see that coming. Actually, I would prefer flying an autogyro without any computer-gyro interfering. I prefer the somewhat Pippi-Langkous-kind of looks combined with meticulous design/build/tuning.
May 20, 2017, 08:56 PM
I repaired the model and shifted the mast back nearly 2 1/2" to get a hang angle of 20 degrees and it finally seemed stable in pitch. The other model flew fine with a hang angle of 13 degrees. I have a mixed opinion on the lemon rx stab plus. Seems rock solid on holding pitch, but on tilt the model bobbed left and right like the gain was too high. I though it was slop in the servo horn and tilt control arm so I fixed that and dialed the gain back a bit and it seemed to help and then a few minutes into the flight the model settled into a left turning holding pattern
May 20, 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_laermans
Wow, sorry to hear that. Didn't see that coming. Actually, I would prefer flying an autogyro without any computer-gyro interfering. I prefer the somewhat Pippi-Langkous-kind of looks combined with meticulous design/build/tuning.
but but I wanna create a gyro with safe mode like handling to get more people interested mate. I think I can, I think I can.