Sep 13, 2017, 09:10 PM
I'd rather be flying.....
Thread OP

CC - changing to CAP 3021- now Flown ( sort of )

George and All -

I have to withdraw the CC , and add it to CAP 2018, due to good reasons : my Sweetheart Capri and I are getting a new house which should be ready to go around late December or so..... I will complete this model as the first in our new house..... I'm still flying but also have been very busy with many other projects this summer.... Every time i turn around, another machine has broken down or needs work to mow or get to a parade etc.... And, i've been paying attention to several of my dormant antique outbard motor collection. Got to run my 1924 Johnson model A and some others somewhat " newer " Best news is I will actually have a dedicated hobby room Much better than a kitchen counter and a portable styro board on my lap.... So, that means we will have plenty of storage so I won't only have to build small models, although they are my favorites... So, my latest efforts have been packing all of my magazine and book collection into boxes, and packing all my unbuilt model kits, at this apartment, into a large box, has been a learning experience about how inanimate objects do procreate and multiply, in spite of beliefs otherwise....

So, i won't be as active for a while due to my literature collection being mostly all boxed and no building for a bit, then back into it when we get all settled......

Best regards,

jeff
Last edited by JeffMac; Jul 16, 2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: year
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2017, 12:02 AM
Best of luck in the new home! I will be looking forward to your completion of the Cub Canard in the new year.
Sep 14, 2017, 01:03 AM
Having a dedicated hobby room is good Jeff, hope its an easy move for you and Capri.
Sep 14, 2017, 05:08 PM
Hope all goes smoothly with the move Jeff and best wishes for your new home.
Regards
Bob
Sep 14, 2017, 05:14 PM
Thread OP
Remitt, Fizz and Bob - Thanks for the good words and thoughts, we appreciate it

just looking forward to getting it all done and moving ahead......

thank,

jeff
Sep 16, 2017, 06:25 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Sorry to hear that Jeff . I have terrible internet problems at present but will catch up with everything in due course. Good luck with the move.
Oct 31, 2017, 06:38 PM
I like thermals
Congratulations on the new home, Jeff. All the best with your move.

David
Oct 31, 2017, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
Thanks George...... Hope your issues all improve quickly...

David - thanks, we will hopefully get it wrapped up in late December.... And I will have a hobby ROOM instead of a kitchen counter top

Best regards,

jeff
Aug 10, 2019, 09:59 PM
Did you ever complete the Cub Canard and get it flying?
Aug 11, 2019, 11:17 AM
Thread OP
Hi remitt -

No, the CC patiently awaits , left exactly as it was on it's portable styrofoam building board..... I see it every day and keep thinking and conspiring the next steps.... For now, the Thermic 50 project is on the way.... And, wow, time flies by and i did not realize the project has been dormant this long...... It will be started up again, then finished. But i have no immediate plans for that.... Probably this winter.....

Thanks for the CC reminder,

jeff
Apr 28, 2021, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
All -

The CC is " Live " again. Wow , how the time flies, especially with all the other planes built up or refurbed since my overconfidence regarding completing this one....

Tonight, the building board with the CC was taken to the bench and some scan/prints of fuselage bulkheads were made. The rear main bulkhead and next to last were cut and glued into place. Not a lot of progress but the CC is back. Instead of 3.7 G servos, the 1.7 G ones will be used - mainly for space considerations.

George - could we add the CC to CAP 2021 please ? Thanks

More later,

jeff
Last edited by JeffMac; Apr 28, 2021 at 09:25 PM. Reason: sp
Apr 29, 2021, 05:39 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Will do Jeff. Glad to see this interesting build is live again!
Apr 30, 2021, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
Thank you George for the kind words and adding the CC to CAP 2021. Hopefully this will be it's year

All -

Minor progress occurred with the CC - there are numerous small bulkheads, partial bulkheads and keel parts. Nothing new but makes slow going for me. Being interrupted by Nutmeg Royal Majesty for His brushing took time away, but he enjoyed ..... Progress will be slow but steady is my intention here......

More later,

jeff
May 02, 2021, 10:25 AM
Thread OP
All -

Slow going , but some progress manifested itself on the CC...... Fuselage is slowly coming together. Amazing what i have forgotten on this model..... Reading back, it looks like 40 inch span so we will see the size the plan i printed out back then gives.

More later,

jeff
May 04, 2021, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
All -

A bit of CC construction happened with the stabilizer .... It's joined, under the Supervision of His Royal Majesty ( pest ) and the leading edge sheeting ( lightly thinned 1/16th balsa sheet ) has begun.

The designer added a heavy nose block and heavy wire and wheel to the nose, I will beef up the stabilizer for strength instead of just all that dead weight. But, who knows, the CC may still require nose weight...

More later,

jeff

Quick Reply