Oct 13, 2004, 06:37 AM
Wind is my sworn enemy
Thread OP
http://www.clayshobbies.com/Motors%2...xOutrunner.htm

We found this engine =) The best from both worlds. I think we will give it a go!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2004, 08:35 AM
For a motor mount for the axi, look here;

http://www.stevensaero.com/e-flight_blmounts.html
Oct 13, 2004, 01:03 PM
I and Webwolf will be building this plane and we allmost decided to use the new Himax out runner. But the we have to a esc that will work with 2 cells and 3 cells. So any advise is welcome.
Oct 13, 2004, 02:45 PM
pfm
pfm
Patrick Mahoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWolf
pfm: that is interesting.. Could you post a pic on your "creative" mount ? I would say that I am creative my self, so maybie I should go with effiency 1st and fitness 2nd.
The motor mount is buried pretty far back. I can't really show any photos without removing the motor and I'd just as soon not do that.

I ended up taking a thick piece of sheetmetal, used tin-snips to make a narrow triangle shape about 6cm long an 3cm wide on the narrow end, then I put it in a vice and made a sharp 90 degree bend across the middle leaving a wide trapezoid and a small triangle on either side of the bend. Then I drilled holes in it and mounted the motor to the trapezoid side. Lastly, I took a broken GWS gearbox, trimmed the plastic so that I all I had left was the grey square thing that goes over the stick. Then I wound kevlar string around the thin-end of the triangle to attach it to the grey plastic thing, and covered the thread in 5-minute epoxy. The mount seems solidly on there and it weighed about 18 grams when it was done.
Oct 13, 2004, 02:58 PM
Certified cat herder
I love my dandy sport. When all my other planes give me head aches from time to time, I know I can always get out my dandy, and fly for a good half hour on one charge. I am running the stock 300 motor with a 11x47 prop, and 2s1p 1500 lipos. I run the 11x47 because I am flying at about 4000 feet of elevation. The set up pulls about 8 amp WOT, and will cruise at about 1.5 amps.

If I were to build the plane again, the only change I would make would be to reinforce the area around where the aileron servo mounts. I broke the mount off trying to mount the servo.
--C. Alan

Quick Reply