Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 25, 2017, 10:49 AM
Discussion

My first swing rig and RG65

This one arrived from down under last week. The design is Byerley's Mirage. With the electronics already stuffed inside, all that was left for me to do was put together my first swing rig. Andrew ( http://www.radiosailingshop.com.au ) made it easier for me by sending pics and drawings that guided me through it. Plus the high-aspect sail set he made, and I was headed to the pond ready for my first sail. The swing rig will take some time to dial in, that was made obvious in the first couple of minutes on the water. Today I'll be tuning and recording measurements. The rig is solid andI like using the zip ties in place of bowsies on the booms.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2017, 11:09 PM
I just received my first swing rig kit and will be putting together this sail for it... plans downloaded and converted to a full-size template...
May 07, 2017, 09:01 PM
Rainy day today, so got started on the sails. Will finish in the morning before heading into work.
May 08, 2017, 06:18 PM
Jib foot cut straight, grommets, battens and jackline installed. Rig build next.
May 15, 2017, 06:32 PM
First day on the water went well. I was a little over-powered in 12-15mph winds, but some de-tuning and conservative sailing was still fun and everything stayed in adjustment.