46'' 737-200 and 57'' 737-400 Depron Builds - RC Groups
Mar 25, 2017, 01:11 AM
Airliner Builder
Build Log

46'' 737-200 and 57'' 737-400 Depron Builds

My friend and I are doing a joint depron Boeing 737 "jurassic" and "classic" build in 1/25 scale. Nate's -200 is going to be using pusher props exactly like I did last year and I will be using 50mm EDFs. Both planes will be hand launched

-400 specs:
57.4'' length
45.5'' wingspan
Target weight: <2.1 lbs
4 channels with gyro
Dr. Mad Thrust 10 blade 50mm EDFs
30A ESCs
4s 1800mAh LiPo

I am using the Murph's Model 732 paper model plans for the fuselage (extended of course to the -400 length) and paperarts Lufthansa 735 paper model plans for the wing and vertical stabilizer.

Construction is 2 and 3mm depron with balsa. The wing has scale thickness and a mostly scale root airfoil. The ailerons have been slightly extended so the 4.3g low profile servos can fit.
Last edited by WAGliderGuy; Mar 25, 2017 at 05:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2017, 01:16 AM
Team PNW
Like said above I will be building a Delta 737-200 in a pusher since I absolutely loved the way it flew and admired it's simplicity
Specs:
1/25 scale
45'' wingspan
46.5'' length

2x 5g elevator servos
2x 5g aileron servos
3mm depron

I am hoping to keep the weight under 1.5 lbs (700g) because that is approximately the amount of thrust I will get with the two bluewonder 1900kv motors on a 3S 1300 battery.

Got progress on the aft fuse done, hoping to start the vertical and horizontal stabs tomorrow
Mar 25, 2017, 01:17 AM
Airliner Builder
I plan to finish to finish this bird in Alaska Airlines Combi colors
Last edited by WAGliderGuy; Mar 25, 2017 at 01:27 AM.
Mar 25, 2017, 05:30 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Sub me up Buddy!

The 737 is More Popular nowadays than Lynsday Lohan at a Crack Convention!
Latest blog entry: My RC 737 Assembly line!
Mar 25, 2017, 08:38 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Nice, the -200 livery was still on the old girl when she stopped flying into HSV about 11 years ago.
Mar 25, 2017, 07:34 PM
Airliner Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Sub me up Buddy!

The 737 is More Popular nowadays than Lynsday Lohan at a Crack Convention!
Lol! I love your 737 updates on IG, when are you making the RCG thread? If the flying season wasn't approaching fast and if I had less projects on the table I would build this -400 at a much larger scale!
Mar 25, 2017, 07:36 PM
Airliner Builder
Got the engine pylons and outer wing sheeting glued on. This wing is very thin!
Mar 26, 2017, 01:18 AM
Team PNW
Got a jump on the tail section today, sadly work was postponed until i can get some extensions for the elevators . Now work begins on the nose...
Mar 26, 2017, 01:35 AM
Airliner Builder
Finished the wing sheeting and ESC wire extensions. Now I am working on the EDF mounts. These EDFs were originally on my C141 over a year ago and are full of dried grass and dirt from a crash that I need to remove.
Mar 26, 2017, 05:02 PM
Airliner Builder
Recently got a shipment of Tower Hobbies Pro-Formance 3mm foam which I raved about just last month. Well this batch is crap! I've been making Depron planes for awhile nowand consider my folding techniques to be pretty good. Let the comparison pics below tell you if you should consider buying this foam for fuselage sheeting

No worries, I dug into a stash of genuine Depron I've been saving for a large airliner this summer and now my fuselage tail section is in progress.
Mar 26, 2017, 09:19 PM
Airliner Builder
Started the fuselage with the tail section. The tail is built directly on to the fuselage.

Next weekend I plan on finishing the tail and whole nose section.
Mar 27, 2017, 12:20 AM
Subbed in!

Sorry to hear about the bad proformance foam. What I have found with working with that stuff is that you need to roll it with the slicker/shiny side on the inside and it will bend easier/crack less. if you cut the stuff, you'll notice which side is the shiny side because its almost like a thin film, and sometimes gets frayed at the cut.
Mar 27, 2017, 12:47 AM
Team PNW
Decided to get a head start on the nose since I forgot to get some extensions today. I will be making the windshield out of clear plastic to add a little more scale-effect.
Mar 27, 2017, 09:36 AM
This is great! A multi 737 build thread! Just what I need.
I'm also building a 737, (in scale 1:15 of course )
Those paper plans are very good.
Ethan: Do you have plans for the Classic 737 engines? I'm planning to use the "creative park" airbus a320 engines, and try to make them flat-bottom.

/Mogge
Mar 27, 2017, 06:28 PM
Airliner Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dee
Subbed in!

Sorry to hear about the bad proformance foam. What I have found with working with that stuff is that you need to roll it with the slicker/shiny side on the inside and it will bend easier/crack less. if you cut the stuff, you'll notice which side is the shiny side because its almost like a thin film, and sometimes gets frayed at the cut.
I'm well aware that one side folds nicer than the other, with the shiny side on the inside its still very hard not to get this batch of foam to crack. Oh well, I tried some 3mm Cellfoam from my local Hobbytown USA and it actually folds very nicely so I guess I will purchase that stuff from now on. Very pricey at almost $10 for two sheets though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Mogge
This is great! A multi 737 build thread! Just what I need.
I'm also building a 737, (in scale 1:15 of course )
Those paper plans are very good.
Ethan: Do you have plans for the Classic 737 engines? I'm planning to use the "creative park" airbus a320 engines, and try to make them flat-bottom.

/Mogge
Cool!! Are you building the -300, 400 or 500? What size EDFs?
And yes, I have some very detailed 737-500 plans from "paperarts" it is freeware but I don't remember where I downloaded it so I will PM you the file! I would have used it entirely for this project but I think the Murph's Model nose looks more scale than the nose plans in the paperarts 737.