Mar 24, 2017, 06:32 PM
Computer Programer
Thread OP
Discussion

Coming from futaba 72mhz to Taranis plus 2.4mhz

Help
I have a glow air plain I need to now how I set the Antenas on the plain I have frisky X8R Receiver

Where I have to locate the Receiver and the Antenas position for the best reception

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2017, 02:18 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Hi,
It is more or less universal for 2.4 receivers what to be careful with when mounting it in a plane (or other viechle) for best signal reception.
I use Futaba and I had some images on my laptop that show some guidelines You can try to follow. See images below.
Disregard the info about 2 cell LiPo in the Futaba FASST receiver instructions in the images below if Your receiver support HV (High Voltage, 2 cell LiPo or similar, I believe Your receiver has voltage operating range of 4.0-10.0 volt).
Is it the XR8 receiver with newer thin antenna plates You have? (see last image below)

In image 3 it is written to wrap the receiver in foam or similar for vibration protection, that is usually not recommended for heat reasons but mount the receiver on velcro or similar and secure it with a small velcro around the receiver housing also making sure air can circulate around the receiver.

Rember that the transmitter antenna must be able to "see" any of the receiver antennas (Frsky X8R has two antennas I can see). With only one receiver antenna it is greater risk that it gets in signal "shadow" but with two antennas it is less likely if they are about 90 degrees apart from each other as shown in the images below.
Also metal, carbon and such can block signal reception so that is an obstacle that must be solved (and can be solved by for example have the antenna tips hanging outside of the model, often longer antennas is then used like for Futaba it is various lengths of antennas that can be bought). Some brands like Spektrum has also sattelite antennas that can be placed on more optimal signal reception places.

Remember also that transmitter external antenna should not be pointed with it's tip towards the model, the broad side of TX antenna should be towards the model and that usually mean You fold the antenna 90 degrees to the side when flying.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Mar 25, 2017 at 04:00 AM.
Mar 25, 2017, 07:40 AM
Computer Programer
Thread OP
thanks

Quick Reply