This thread is privately moderated by cdeaglejr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 24, 2017, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Adding FPV to the Hubsan H501C

I replaced the camera board on the Hubsan H501C with the one for the H501S ($55 online). Clipped an antenna cable to the 5.8 Ghz transmitter on the new board. Routed and mounted the cable to the top rear of the quad and attached a 5.8 Ghz antenna. Using a 7" 5.8 Ghz monitor to view the FPV video. Video recording to the mirco SD card and the original H501C controller still works . Haven't flown it yet; high winds off the Atlantic.

Also added an external 2.4 Ghz antenna to the H501C controller.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2017, 09:36 PM
Quadcopter Addict!

Added FPV to 501C!

Hey all!

First I'd like to say thanks for all the info on this board. It really helped with my success of adding FPV to my Hubsan H501C!

I wanted to try to accomplish this is in the cleanest, lightest way possible so I chose to simply add a small FPV monitor to my controller (I used the Virhuck FPV watch which is the same as the Gteng one but black HERE) and a 200mw mini transmitter which I soldered to the video feed of the existing board. I just took it for a test flight and it works great! It's nighttime but I flew the drone out as far as I usually do before getting a bit nervous as it's just a tiny dot of light out in the sky. Not sure of the distance but quite far!

I ground down the little nubs that hold the fpv watch strap on and used a modified flexible cell phone holder to mount the screen to my controller.

The FPV transmitter I used (HERE) runs on between 7 and 24 volts so I just soldered it directly to the main battery power lead. I'm thinking of adding a small on/off switch to it in the future so I can switch it off if I just want to fly line of sight.

I did also have to desolder the antenna connection so I could adjust the angle of it. Now that I've confirmed it works I'll get some better antennas ordered!

Thanks again for all the info here. My 501C FPV project turned out just as I hoped it would!

Jeramy.

Quick Reply