DYS 7 Inch - 2 Blade - what is this prop for ? - RC Groups
Mar 24, 2017, 09:07 AM
New Product

DYS 7 Inch - 2 Blade - what is this prop for ?

Another crazy and weird prop design, we will probably see this in smaller sizes as well,
but I ask the question: all these weird prop designs with no real info behind them are meant only to make us spend more $$$ ?

DYS XT7543 7543 7.5X4.3 Inch 190.5mm M5 2-Blade Propeller CW & CCW for Racing Drone
http://www.banggood.com/DYS-XT7543-7543-7_5X4_3-Inch-190_5mm-M5-2-Blade-Propeller-CW-CCW-for-Racing-Drone-p-1136869.html

Specification:
Brand Name: DYS
Model: XT7543
Item Name: 7543 7.5X4.3 Inch 2-Blade Propeller
Color: Transparent Red, Transparent Orange, Transparent Yellow,
Transparent Green, Transparent Blue and Transparent Purple ( Optional)
Quantity: 1 CW & 1 CCW ( In same Color)
Material: PC
Hub inner diameter(ID): M5
Hub thickness: 7.7mm
Weight: 7g/pc
Application: 250, 280, 300 frame etc
Last edited by nitbeat; Sep 07, 2017 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2017, 10:05 AM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Interesting find, nitbeat! These props look like absolutely wild. Like some sort of exotic ninja throwing star, with lots of colors for extra bling in a circus show.

Seriously, it's a shame that BG doesn't provide any background info on the profile design. At 7.5" long, they will also need a relatively large frame. While there are a few lone 7" and older 8" quads, the vast majority of mini quads over the last 2-3 years have been in the 6" and 5" range.

Maybe these could be a "hop up" option for larger Phantom-type quads? It's definitely not obvious where DYS is going with this creation.
Mar 24, 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Interesting find, nitbeat! These props look like absolutely wild. Like some sort of exotic ninja throwing star, with lots of colors for extra bling in a circus show.

Seriously, it's a shame that BG doesn't provide any background info on the profile design. At 7.5" long, they will also need a relatively large frame. While there are a few lone 7" and older 8" quads, the vast majority of mini quads over the last 2-3 years have been in the 6" and 5" range.

Maybe these could be a "hop up" option for larger Phantom-type quads? It's definitely not obvious where DYS is going with this creation.
HACK videos of pilots chopping these to 6" or 5" in 3 2 1 ....
hahaaa

It's not only DYS it's all manufacturers releasing 5041, 5042.314, 5051 etc... props that we all need to order and try,
cause no matter what you read in reviews you have to test them for yourself because it's really a lot about personal taste in flight.
Mar 25, 2017, 03:57 AM
☢ Self-Proclaimed n00b FPVer ☢
For a moment I thought those were forward-swept propellers - for low RPM / high efficiency applications, but they're not I think? Looks like they're "backward-swept"
Alas. it's more like a scimitar prop
Mar 25, 2017, 10:06 AM
There is some aerodynamic theory that says the swept back design could be more efficient.

http://sustainableskies.org/eas-viii...ers-low-speed/
Mar 25, 2017, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
Another crazy and weird prop design, we will probably see this in smaller sizes as well,
but I ask the question: all these weird prop designs with no real info behind them are meant only to make us spend more $$$ ?

DYS XT7543 7543 7.5X4.3 Inch 190.5mm M5 2-Blade Propeller CW & CCW for Racing Drone
http://www.banggood.com/DYS-XT7543-7...ds=newArrivals

Specification:
Brand Name: DYS
Model: XT7543
Item Name: 7543 7.5X4.3 Inch 2-Blade Propeller
Color: Transparent Red, Transparent Orange, Transparent Yellow,
Transparent Green, Transparent Blue and Transparent Purple ( Optional)
Quantity: 1 CW & 1 CCW ( In same Color)
Material: PC
Hub inner diameter(ID): M5
Hub thickness: 7.7mm
Weight: 7g/pc
Application: 250, 280, 300 frame etc

The reason why produce 7 inch props, some top pilot around the world asking us to produce 7 inch prop.
From my understanding, some company only looking for profitability, that they do not want to take this risk since 7 inch has no demand in the market yet.

If you interested to try 7inch, PM me and we would ship it to you for free.

However, there are so many 5 inch prop recently, 5040,5045,5050,5041,5042,5051,5052? What is the real benefit ?
I would like say different prop suitable different pilot. Some hardcore pilots like 5051. some don't.
Mar 26, 2017, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dys123
The reason why produce 7 inch props, some top pilot around the world asking us to produce 7 inch prop.
From my understanding, some company only looking for profitability, that they do not want to take this risk since 7 inch has no demand in the market yet.

If you interested to try 7inch, PM me and we would ship it to you for free.

However, there are so many 5 inch prop recently, 5040,5045,5050,5041,5042,5051,5052? What is the real benefit ?
I would like say different prop suitable different pilot. Some hardcore pilots like 5051. some don't.
Thanks for your answer, I wish companies would share not only the dry data but also the idea behind making this design,
I'm sure there is a reason for this design and it's not just random, but why not publish the background story behind it ?
Mar 26, 2017, 01:44 PM
☢ Self-Proclaimed n00b FPVer ☢
Quote:
Thanks for your answer, I wish companies would share not only the dry data but also the idea behind making this design,
I'm sure there is a reason for this design and it's not just random, but why not publish the background story behind it ?
Good point! It would make it more interesting to know why they produced a design, just like the comment, "because some pilots asked for them" It's good to see a company listening to customers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandodlc2011
There is some aerodynamic theory that says the swept back design could be more efficient.

Right, swept-back is more efficient than straight, forward-swept they're saying is the most efficient.
These swept props look different and interesting for sure
Mar 26, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerX
Good point! It would make it more interesting to know why they produced a design, just like the comment, "because some pilots asked for them" It's good to see a company listening to customers!

Right, swept-back is more efficient than straight, forward-swept they're saying is the most efficient.
These swept props look different and interesting for sure
I agree

I still wonder why not release a 6 inch version, lots of FPV pilots own a long range or efficient freestlye 6 inch setups,
so I would imagine a 6 inch version of this efficient prop would have great market penetration.
Mar 27, 2017, 05:06 AM
Quote:
We are happy to see if any interested pilot would like to try them and review and thrust test.
Mar 27, 2017, 06:51 AM
Man, I wish I had 8 inch arms on my F80 quad! I would love to try these in 6" versions . . .
Mar 27, 2017, 07:20 AM
Quote:
I agree

I still wonder why not release a 6 inch version, lots of FPV pilots own a long range or efficient freestlye 6 inch setups,
so I would imagine a 6 inch version of this efficient prop would have great market penetration.
There are some 5" props coming out with a similar design. Seen a few reviews that look positive but the reviewers in question don't have much of repeatable methodology of way of quantifying performance.

Would love to see kebab fpv do a review or some thrust tests so I had a real point of comparison for them.
Mar 27, 2017, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dys123
We are happy to see if any interested pilot would like to try them and review and thrust test.
Any plans to release 5 or 6 inch versions ?

Is it a swept forward design ? or swept back ?
Could you show a picture of one propeller and the direction of spin, that might help

for example, this prop turns CCW

seen here
Mar 29, 2017, 12:47 PM
I'm curious how these would perform on a plane I run 7 in props on? I don't have a multi big enough for the ATM.
Apr 03, 2017, 07:14 AM
now it makes more sense: 5 inch version was released:

http://www.banggood.com/1-Pair-DYS-X...p-1139962.html

I have to say they remind me of AZURE PROPS
https://www.undergroundfpv.com/produ...nt=34534094724