-MPU6000 SPI bus
-built-in BETAFLIGHT OSD, PID tuning
-built-in 5V/3A BEC
-built-in current sensor
-directly weld PDB
-16M Flash
-support receiver SBUS,PPM,DSMX...
-with buzzer, LED program, voltage monitor, BLHELI-S ESC program
-the back have 90+ CAP, prevent the counter emf of motor and make the image more clear

More info: http://www.banggood.com/F4-FLAME-Race-Spec-STM32F405-Flight-Control-Built-in-BETAFLIGHT-OSD-5V-BEC-PDB-Current-Sensor-p-1136917.html
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2017, 12:10 PM
Any benefits compared to Omnibus F4 Pro beside current overkill there ?

Will be good to get for tests and review...
Mar 24, 2017, 12:37 PM
Yes, connectors for ESCs in the corners. It's more like the Betaflight F3.
Mar 24, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBack123
Any benefits compared to Omnibus F4 Pro beside current overkill there ?

Will be good to get for tests and review...
It will definitely be interesting to see the 300+ A test. It may even explain the name
Apr 27, 2017, 07:34 AM
I also received the F4 Flame from Banggood today. I connected it up to Betaflight configurator no problem, and upgraded the firmware to 3.1.7 BF. Needed to specify manual board rate to 115200 and full chip erase to make it correctly receive the FW.

Info on this board is fairly thin on the ground at this point. I am going to be hooking up a GPS receiver (a small UBLOX7 NZGPS). The connection diagram isn't clear on the UARTs. I think printed on the board are pads for UART3 and UART6, but they are just single sided pads on the board near where the receiver connects. I think the receiver port is going to be UART 1. Usually on other boards the TX and RX are associated with 5V and ground. There is also what looks like a pad labelled RSSI . Is there any doco aside from the attached connection diagram for this board?
Last edited by arrancoote; Apr 27, 2017 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added info on receiver UART
Jun 10, 2017, 12:00 AM
Bought 2 spares. Great FC
Jun 11, 2017, 08:17 PM
Im a little sketchy about f4 boards atm. Ive heard stories of extremely sensitive gyros and trying to dampen out vibes. PID tuning galore, silicone waser stacks, motors with silicone damening pads....

Now as far as i understand, thanks to the help of a friend, this board uses a 6000 gyro alot similar to the f3 boards. Do i still need to do silicone mounting or can i just use regular nylon standoffs?
Jun 13, 2017, 02:32 PM
Can anyone with this board comment on the video quality? I've always used an LC power filter for my camera/vtx power, but this board brags extra capacitance for improved video. Does this make an LC filter not necessary? Also, I'm always hesitant to use the built in 5v BEC on flight controllers to power anything that draws a lot of current such as a VTX. How reliable is this BEC, have there been instances of overheating?

Thanks.
Jun 14, 2017, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Dinel
Im a little sketchy about f4 boards atm. Ive heard stories of extremely sensitive gyros and trying to dampen out vibes. PID tuning galore, silicone waser stacks, motors with silicone damening pads....

Now as far as i understand, thanks to the help of a friend, this board uses a 6000 gyro alot similar to the f3 boards. Do i still need to do silicone mounting or can i just use regular nylon standoffs?
I've had my 'experiences' with mid-throttle oscillations and vibrations getting into the FC, also with less sensitive gyros. The solution in the end was very simple (PROPER softmounting) and i'm applying it to all my builds now. Story / solution can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNebster
Can anyone with this board comment on the video quality? I've always used an LC power filter for my camera/vtx power, but this board brags extra capacitance for improved video. Does this make an LC filter not necessary? Also, I'm always hesitant to use the built in 5v BEC on flight controllers to power anything that draws a lot of current such as a VTX. How reliable is this BEC, have there been instances of overheating?

Thanks.
Can't comment on the video quality yet, but mine is about to arrive today. I've never used LC filters on any of my builds, but do have large (35v 1000uF) caps on either my powerline or ESC pads.
The 5v BEC has a 3A output, which should be more than enough to power a 600mW VTx (which probably won't draw 1 amp). Depending on how much voltage your VTx can handle, you could use the VTx pads (that supply VBAT power).
Last edited by HomeY; Jun 14, 2017 at 02:00 AM.
Jun 18, 2017, 03:31 AM
Yes this board uses the 600 Gyro, same as the Betaflight F3.
I have my F4 Flame mounted on Realacc rubber standoffs as linked below, not because I had an issue, just because it seemed like a good way to make sure I did not get an issue:
https://www.banggood.com/4-PCS-Reala...p-1135527.html

I'm a long way from a guru pilot, but my previous board before the F4 Flame was a Betaflight F3, with all stock PIDS on both, there is no discernable difference in the way my quad flys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Dinel

Jun 18, 2017, 03:48 AM
My maiden flight with the F4 Flame is up on Youtube, this footage is recorded by a ground station so is more or less what you will see in your goggles.
The quality is great. No special filters, Foxeer HS1177 and FT48X VTX (on 600mW) wired as directed on the F4 Flame connection diagram. The board's VTX power comes straight from battery, camera is powered from the 5V BEC. At the end of the video I crashed, it was not a big crash, but the board broke, it did have something to do with the BEC as it would work when USB powered. I replaced the board with a new F4 Flame. I'm also running a GPS receiver from the 5V BEC, no issue
X210 F4 Flame maiden flight - Samford Queensland (25 min 10 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNebster

Thanks.
Jun 18, 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancoote
Yes this board uses the 600 Gyro, same as the Betaflight F3.
I have my F4 Flame mounted on Realacc rubber standoffs as linked below, not because I had an issue, just because it seemed like a good way to make sure I did not get an issue:

I'm a long way from a guru pilot, but my previous board before the F4 Flame was a Betaflight F3, with all stock PIDS on both, there is no discernable difference in the way my quad flys
Awesome, ty for the response. I'll post my loki x4 build when it comes in.
Jun 18, 2017, 06:38 AM
Quote:
My maiden flight with the F4 Flame is up on Youtube, this footage is recorded by a ground station so is more or less what you will see in your goggles.
Not sure what i'm looking at, but either the Voltage or the mAh used showing in your OSD is WAY of if you're really flying the gear showed in the video (1500mAh lipo). You'll never get 10 minutes flight time out of that so it's probably a fully drained battery what caused the crash?

And try Acro mode if you're flying FPV, you'll notice it's WAY easier to fly than Angle/Horizon.

Quote:
Same here, got those in all my builds now and the gyro traces are super clean

Quick Reply