Blade 200 S RTF first flight - RC Groups
Mar 23, 2017, 10:05 PM
Discussion

Blade 200 S RTF first flight

I just purchased a Blade 200 S RTF from this site....my only experience at helis has been with the small Wl Toys V 911 and a lot of sim time....I have watched some Youtube videos and read it's a good beginner heli, but can anyone give me some helpful tips when I first begin to fly the Blade...thanks
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2017, 10:31 PM
blade 200s from what i can tell is a flybarless fixed pitch heli. it *should* fly similar to v911 if setup properly.

only advice i can give is start in first mode, biggner this should be straight forward self leveling like v911. the next 2 modes may be less restricted bank angles, the 3rd may even have no bank angle limits and be like 3 axis but i dont have that heli.
#
Mar 24, 2017, 04:51 AM

Flying blade200-230

Hi, I fly my blade 230s mostly indoors during our winter months and have had a bit of fun with it. My recommendation for the 200 is that until you have confidence in your ability to control it, fly it in close to you , keep it on bank 1 - beginner or safe mode, and avoid windy days. Only when you have good control, switch to bank 2 for more aileron control and then to bank 3 for full aerobatics. Yes, I have spent quite a few hours making repairs and rebuilding after a few crashes.
A small tip- there is a very good book about the blade on Amazon with everything you need to know about programming the trans and blade repairs.
Good luck!
Mar 30, 2017, 07:12 AM
Heligamist
Being FP the 200S is more prone to tipping on takeoff if not pointed into the wind. So always set it that way. It's a great FP heli with plenty of power. Many of it's parts are shared with the 230S.
Apr 07, 2017, 10:22 AM
After recently buying the Blade 200 S RTF ....I flew it indoors for a few short hover flights for the first time the other day....this was in a large room off carpet with no furniture within 20'....I noticed on every lift off , my heli seems to tip suddenly and unexpectedly ....I am a beginner and was wondering if someone could tell me how to correct this...as I am sure if I were outdoors on the grass , the main rotor blade would have caught....I have been lifting off by very slowly bringing up the RPM's in " beginner mode" .....once I am a few feet into the air, it hovers very nicely...but the take offs are scary.....thanks
Apr 07, 2017, 11:30 AM
Destroyer of Threads
If you got it to hover then you "flew out of" the mayhem generated by ground effect.

If it would have been a FBL controller malfunction you likely would have crashed.

As soon as it starts to get "light on the skids" you are in command.

FBL helicopters don't like to be on the ground, and it's best to lift off quickly until you
can "read" what the heli is doing.

The fact that the 200 SRX is fixed pitch makes it even more difficult to make a smooth departure.
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 07, 2017 at 11:37 AM.
Apr 08, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentner Spass
Hi, I fly my blade 230s mostly indoors during our winter months and have had a bit of fun with it. My recommendation for the 200 is that until you have confidence in your ability to control it, fly it in close to you , keep it on bank 1 - beginner or safe mode, and avoid windy days. Only when you have good control, switch to bank 2 for more aileron control and then to bank 3 for full aerobatics. Yes, I have spent quite a few hours making repairs and rebuilding after a few crashes.
A small tip- there is a very good book about the blade on Amazon with everything you need to know about programming the trans and blade repairs.
Good luck!
thanks much ....I have since hovered my 200 S indoors a few times.....one thing I notice is that when I first bring up the RPM's to lift off, the heli will sometimes suddenly tip and then I must apply opposite yaw to right it...I have been spooling up very slowly, and this seems to happen at the point the heli gets light on the skids.....once I reach the hover of a few feet, it seems to handle fine...any suggestion .....thanks
Apr 08, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
blade 200s from what i can tell is a flybarless fixed pitch heli. it *should* fly similar to v911 if setup properly.

only advice i can give is start in first mode, biggner this should be straight forward self leveling like v911. the next 2 modes may be less restricted bank angles, the 3rd may even have no bank angle limits and be like 3 axis but i dont have that heli.
#
OK...thanks
Apr 08, 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
If you got it to hover then you "flew out of" the mayhem generated by ground effect.

If it would have been a FBL controller malfunction you likely would have crashed.

As soon as it starts to get "light on the skids" you are in command.

FBL helicopters don't like to be on the ground, and it's best to lift off quickly until you
can "read" what the heli is doing.

The fact that the 200 SRX is fixed pitch makes it even more difficult to make a smooth departure.

Yes...I will try to pop it up into the air a little quicker next time and see what happens....thanks....
Apr 08, 2017, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Being FP the 200S is more prone to tipping on takeoff if not pointed into the wind. So always set it that way. It's a great FP heli with plenty of power. Many of it's parts are shared with the 230S.
I will remember this tip when I take it outside...thanks
Apr 11, 2017, 05:21 PM
UPDATE:.....I flew my 200 S indoors again today and decided to do a trim flight , per the instruction manual....after 3 attempts to get it off the ground ( it wanted to tip badly , so I backed off the throttle ) I final was able to lift off and I sustained a hover of about 3 minutes, ....the manual states only 30 secs are required, but I wanted to be sure I got it calibrated......so on the very next lift off after the trim flight , I found lift off to be much worse......I have tried contacting HH and selected the call back option due to being placed on hold, but as of this writing I still have not been contacted.. ...I will try HH again tomorrow.
Apr 12, 2017, 05:43 AM
Heligamist
Try doing the gyro calibration. It's in the manual how to get it into this mode. You sit the heli level using the blade holder under the tail fin. This is different from a trim flight and does not require you to spool up the heli. I did one on mine when it had started to get a drifting issue requiring a lot of trim. It fixed the problem.
Apr 12, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Try doing the gyro calibration. It's in the manual how to get it into this mode. You sit the heli level using the blade holder under the tail fin. This is different from a trim flight and does not require you to spool up the heli. I did one on mine when it had started to get a drifting issue requiring a lot of trim. It fixed the problem.
will do...thanks
Apr 12, 2017, 05:08 PM
Heligamist
I flew my 200S through a bunch of packs today along with others in my fleet. The 200S is a great FP heli. I enjoy flying it as it's so low stress and a nice warm-up to my bigger ones. Let me know if the gyro calibration does the trick.
Apr 13, 2017, 09:53 PM
Quote:
I flew my 200S through a bunch of packs today along with others in my fleet. The 200S is a great FP heli. I enjoy flying it as it's so low stress and a nice warm-up to my bigger ones. Let me know if the gyro calibration does the trick.
I decided against doing the gyro calibration ...because after reading that I would have to remove the wires from the motor, I just dont feel comfortable doing this....