Jan 04, 2018, 01:32 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I see, that's a shame the rc world really needs better options for pistol grip xonttolers like this. If you have any luck with the mainboard please let me know many thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2018, 01:39 PM

My build

Many thanks shame tho maybe have to try and build an complete x7q into a pistol grip.
Jan 05, 2018, 12:43 PM
This and the Taranis pistola are frekin awesome along with the Dx6 pistol on rcCrawler forums but Where the F were these pistol grip threads when I started my build... the first one was an ugly weildy beast but here is "Mark II" version of my 9XR pro pistol grip....... if you want to see the first version look in my threads but i warn you it is an ugly cluttered mess.
Here is the simplified version I mimicked off an old thread on rcSurfer.org.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ce-transmitter
Jan 05, 2018, 01:23 PM

With the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_ryder
I was playing with the same idea and I simply love it!

Finally some progress on the surface radio systems. Big names of RC simply could not follow the needs of new age surface RC model needs...

Bravo!

http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewto...p=85187#p85187
So that's cool.. in that forum link my original ugly 9XR pistol grip build was included with these masterfully crafted pistols. The "Taranis Pistola" by (eficker) and the custom GT3c by (tsenecal) are way beyond my skills. My area is more hardware than firmware. I feel honored to even be compared to these awesome creations. Hopefully my new simplified version encourages more people to try to fabricate their own custom pistol. I had no clue what I was doing at first and got too ambitious. I rethought my plans and dumbed it waaaay down so even a novice can build one...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ce-transmitter
Jan 10, 2018, 02:39 PM

Pistolgrip uhf

Looks ok I guess if it works. But yeh I would like a pistol grip , still thinking what to do about it. My friend and me just soldered up his flysky gt3b as he brought it hacked for 44 so it can run 8 channels and using the module from a immersion rc 433mhz can lost some pictures but so far it's just easier but only down full you have to use and button as a extra channel button but works next we are going to see about the trainer port on the module see if we have any luck finding out if head tracker works with it
Jan 10, 2018, 02:44 PM

Pistolgrip uhf

This is the hacked flysky gt3b
Jan 14, 2018, 03:42 PM
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
I was laughed at when I showed up with an iT4 pistol radio, Told it was junk yadda yadda yadda. Never an issue with it. Color touch screen, 20 model memory and really good long range signal.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-it4-to...io-orange.html

For what the guys paid for their Futaba and Spec radios, I could get mine with 15 Rx's and full telemetry sensor setups.

Buzz.
+1 for the iT4!

While OP's radio looks sweet I just wanted cheap, easy and reliable and got much more than I expected with this.

I got laughed at initially, but now see a lot of people interested in mine when Im out.
Jan 15, 2018, 09:03 PM
Last edited by BofaDeez2Nuts; Feb 01, 2018 at 02:10 AM.
Dec 02, 2018, 09:08 AM

ARuni

So what exactly did the ARuni do and how can we find a similar board to take its place. I've been wanting to put an fpv system on my crawler and hate the idea of driving it with sticks. I've been seeing some pretty good ideas popping up about hacking a Taranis; and I really like the thumb gimbal you did. That is exactly what I had in mind for controlling an fpv camera platform. Do we have to go knock on doors in Korea?
The other thing, and this has been mentioned before, why the hell hasn't FrSky or someone started making a decent pistol radio??? I mean at 100 bucks I guarantee it would sell. Probably even 150.
Well, kudos on a very cool radio, too bad they don't still have parts so we all can build one.

Quick Reply