New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom

1/3 scale Tyco r/c motorcycle!

Well, I am guess at it being 1/3 scale. It is at least twice as large as the 1/5 scale bikes. I saw it this weekend in Las Vegas. I will get some pic's posted later.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by mollycbr123
STeve B in NC
Any specs? Motor, electics, RTR?? Body style? Is it hobby grade or another Tyco extreme?
Old Oct 11, 2004, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
I couldn't find any information or literature or anyone manning the display area.

It certainly is electric, non hobby grade, but nonetheless would make for an impressive sight once painted up and decaled. It looks like a generic full fairing street bike with rider in leathers.

Pics shortly...
Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
OK, it is a Suzuki GSX-R. In the pic of the full cabinet, those two cars directly overhead are 1/10 scale.

Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
Oh bummer! When did the Image code get turned off??
Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by Jbiker31691
the pics work for me...
Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by metomwhou
Man that looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see what becomes of this.
Tom
Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:54 PM
Find More Posts by kingcobra
not bad...will probly be slow as hell tho. and the bottom of the lower fairing in the front pic looks silly.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:16 PM
Find More Posts by mollycbr123
STeve B in NC
It does look kinda cool, but it's a Tyco RTR, which probably means formed plastic bodywork/frame construction, plastic gear drivetrain, low, low end electronics, rear wheel gyro to keep it upright, etc., etc. Price probabably $50-$100 bucks. Might be another one to put up on the display shelf.

STeve B in NC
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by Kev71H
unfortunately it looks "Tyco"ish.

The controller looks "toyish" Maybe it can be hopped up? It should be offered at a "good price" nontheless. The size looks good. I'm into it.

Kev
RCMCC
Old Oct 12, 2004, 05:03 AM
Find More Posts by steliosh
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
...but it looks like there's a *real* chain to the rear wheel... Interesting!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:17 AM
Find More Posts by kingcobra
the chain looks like a molded cover to me. and his arms look REALLY messed up...is he a gorilla?
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
Guys, consider this bike a "fresh canvas". Some body putty, some paint. It could look awesome. And I assure you, when you see its size in person you will be thinking of the possibilities!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:34 AM
Find More Posts by lazer
Is there anyway to get more information on it. I went to a tyco r/c website and there was no contact info.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by grymg
RCMCC.tripod.com
Neat GSX-R!!

From what I can see it has spring non-damped suspension (maybe none at the front forks), heavy body & rider, belt drive (the chain is stationary), no crash bars at the moment, and tires that will wear after only a few runs.

Maybe if it was 1/5th scale I'd buy it just for the show body to mount on the TT! Like what kingcobra did to his touring car.

Ian