Tamiya Konghead 6x6

The Konghead is a go-anywhere 6wd kit from Tamiya. With a unique body based on the Bullhead, the Konghead looks awesome and performs even better on slopes up to 40-degrees.

Tamiya Konghead 6x6

A Unique 6x6 Based on the G6-01 Chassis

The Tamiya Konghead is an interesting vehicle with an interesting name. With a front mounted motor, this 6wd 1/18th scale monster is capable of conquering steep slopes and trudging through the burliest off-road trails. The Konghead comes standard with front wheel steering, but can be upgraded to 4-wheel steering.

Features:

• GF-01 plastic monocoque chassis is compatible with many hop-up and spare parts.
  • Six-wheel drive.
  • Front-center mounted motor.
  • Clear polycarbonate body is inspired by the popular Bullhead monster truck. Features metal-plated air cleaners, exhausts and more.
  • Friction shocks.
  • Standard build is front wheel steering. 4WS can be used with a 4WS-compatible transmitter and RC equipment (sold separately).
  • Six-wheel double wishbone suspension.
  • Tires, wheels and decals included.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Tamiya Konghead

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 22, 2017 at 08:41 AM..
Apr 13, 2017, 09:29 PM
This looks pretty interesting, actually.
May 15, 2017, 12:30 AM
still toy grade, wish they come out with something really solid
Jul 08, 2017, 10:12 PM
Tamiya is not toy grade at all, this is just the old style of plastic frame Tamiya style. IT's made for fun. If it had a more modern style of frame, the cost would be much higher.
Jul 10, 2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
Tamiya is not toy grade at all, this is just the old style of plastic frame Tamiya style. IT's made for fun. If it had a more modern style of frame, the cost would be much higher.
I agree, some people are just elitist.

They are all toys anyway, none of them are real cars you can get inside and drive to work.....
Jul 11, 2017, 02:32 PM
I get a little confused by the term "toy grade" , my understanding of "hobby grade" would be that it's servicable ,has full parts support and uses standard size components such as servo's ,motors and other electric components .
This looks like a fun "hobby grade kit " to me .
Jul 13, 2017, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio
I get a little confused by the term "toy grade" , my understanding of "hobby grade" would be that it's servicable ,has full parts support and uses standard size components such as servo's ,motors and other electric components .
This looks like a fun "hobby grade kit " to me .
Yup, to me hobby grade means it is modular, can be taken apart, upgraded and repaired with standardised parts whereas MODERN toy grades come off an assembly line and are made to a price with no intention of the user upgrading or maintaining it. It was a little different in the old days because the market was so massive that the toy grade makers were buidling machines not to a price but to a spec to out do each other and they were a different realm of quality but to compare a brand new Tamiya kit to a modern toy grade is just wilfully ignorant.

Sadly there's a lot of elitism in this hobby. This is the epitome of hobby grade.
Jul 13, 2017, 09:17 PM
nowinaminute, your description is accurate. I can understand some calling it toy grade compared to modern buggies with much newer materials and tech, but these are the way they are for a reason, and the fans like them that way. If the Konghead were made by Axial, just imagine what it would cost! Toy grade means bought at Walmart. Even cheap chinese models with all in ones and 5 wire servos are not toy grade. If that can all be replaced with other equipment because it is modular sized.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:47 AM
To some people I guess if it's not got its own racing category , 1/10th off road ,1/8th off road ,short course truck ,drift etc etc then it's a toy , to clarify a Tamiya kit as a toy ? Without Tamiya I don't know if our hobby would be as it is today ?
Jul 14, 2017, 11:49 AM
Site Aspie
I don't have an RC model that isn't a toy.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
Too true , I also do Ww2 reenactment and have to regularly remind people that we are grown men playing war with toy guns in the woods .
Jul 14, 2017, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
Exactly, it's not like you can get in them and drive to work.
Jul 14, 2017, 03:36 PM
It's just that "toy grade" is so often used as a derogatory term , maybe we should just make it easy for the elitist and say hobby grade is anything over £800 and below that is toy grade , this would force them to spend even more money to be able to stay amongst the elite class , injecting more money for development of new cars ......
Jul 14, 2017, 09:33 PM
Yep, and in the Mustang group, my V6 is considered "toy grade". But I can drive it to work! When did 300hp become lame?
Aug 28, 2017, 08:57 PM
Here's mine

Quick Reply