Align T-REX 500XT Dominator Super Combo

Align has no problem keeping up with the latest technology and improving it in their own style.

Splash

Align releases their newest 500 sized helicopter with the T-REX 500XT Dominator Super Combo.

Align is on the move yet again, they always have a nice surprise when it comes to effectively adding new and improved technology to their up and coming machines. The newest release is the T-REX 500XT Dominator Super Combo and they plan to make this the perfect pack-and-go helicopter. Aside from some structural design changes, you can most definitely expect the electronics to get a boost. In this case they have included an all new RCE-BL80A Brushless ESC. This new 32bit ESC is good for 100 amps burst and 80 amps continuous. The internal BEC has also received an upgrade to a 10 amp capability and the the voltage is also adjustable from 5-8V. They are using their newest brushless servos with this combo too, the DS530M HV for cyclic, and the DS535M HV for the tail. They have also included the ever so popular MicroBeast Plus to keep that tail under control.

They are a few new changes to the design with a new adjustable belt tensioner. The main gear is also slanted for extra strength and smoother power transition. Another improvement is in the new low center of gravity 500EFL rotor head. All in all, Align has no problem keeping up with the latest technology and improving it in their own style.

For more information when it's released click here.

Mar 22, 2017, 05:17 PM
Im so getting this sucker
Mar 23, 2017, 08:10 AM
What is the difference between the YET released 500x, and the 500XT ??
Mar 24, 2017, 08:46 AM
more broken than flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
What is the difference between the YET released 500x, and the 500XT ??
Exactly, I was about to ask the same.

Actually- look at the canopy in the pictures, it says 500X.
hmmm.
Mar 24, 2017, 10:01 AM
This HELI - will make its not my collection. My 450L needs a companion. Although the 150X may join the fleet first ( only because I wanna fly indoors too
Mar 24, 2017, 10:13 AM
Hekilopter Jenius/Heli 1%'er
In this one they crossed (X) all the T's. I guess in the other they dotted the i's ???
Mar 24, 2017, 03:30 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
I dont see any difference at all between theis 'XT' and the just realeased 'X'. Same airframe, same ESC, same motor, same servos, same FBL... what am I missing?
Mar 24, 2017, 03:33 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Ahhh ... I think i might have it. the 'standard' 500X has the 530 / 535 servos with part plastic and part metal case. This XT has the 530M / 535M servos which are the same except for full metal case.

But none of them are brushless like claimed in the blurb in the opening post, they are coreless.

***EDIT*** No I seem to be wrong, there was already two versions of the 500X, one with the part plastic and one with the full metal servos... so i'm back to not knowing what the difference is?
Mar 24, 2017, 05:19 PM
I think i'll get the 150X, until the dusts settles on the 500X (XT)
Mar 24, 2017, 05:26 PM
Mall copter crew
What dust? It just sounds better
Mar 24, 2017, 06:00 PM
@FlyPitcher - you aren't helping me make the tough decision. < Lil-heli vs Bigger heli >
Mar 24, 2017, 06:05 PM
Mall copter crew
Sir, go big
Mar 24, 2017, 06:12 PM
Hekilopter Jenius/Heli 1%'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher
Sir, go big
I agree .. GO BIG ! 6S lipos for a 500 won't break the bank either. They start at $46.
Mar 24, 2017, 09:49 PM
Mall copter crew
For a 500 heli, they end at 46, dad. Unless you go for super duper..
Mar 25, 2017, 02:59 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Snailmale7,

My advice would be not to touch the 150X, even if they were giving them away. I had the previous version of the 150 which is the same heli but without self level stabilisation.. It was by FAR the worst heli I've ever owned, tricky and quirky to fly, fragile to crash and a pure nightmare to work on. If you want a micro size heli the Blade 180CFX is better by miles.