Mar 20, 2017, 04:37 PM
Discussion

FlightZoomer: The new GCS with embedded real & synthetic FPV view

Hi all

I am the developer of the FlightZoomer apps. By some small chance, you might know them from this thread (click!). In the past FlightZoomer offered mainly a solid but somewhat underwhelming groundstation / telemetry / cell network based / IFR FPV solution with some cool autopilots modes (e.g. ILS approaches).

But, this was only true until now! I am pleased to present you the next upcoming release of the apps (version 3). And this time, the product has been complemented by some cool new features that potentially could be very interesting for FPV pilots.

The main feature of the new version, is the integration of the Video-S-feed in the cockpit of the app, combined with a synthetic FPV camera, that basically shows the view from the aircraft on a full HD 3D landscape. The app allows to show either the feed from the real or the synthetic camera or even both at the same time! In the video below I list 10 advantages of the synthetic FPV camera over a classic FPV camera.

Now I donít want to waste more words, don't miss the following video, to get an impression how this works & feels & looks:
Synthetic & Classic FPV combined - FlightZoomer 3 Feature Preview (7 min 15 sec)

I am curious, a) what you think about this solution and b) what you would improve...

More details about FlightZoomer you can find here (the current versions):
http://flightzoomer.com

Please consider, that the published documentation still covers version 2, which was smartphone based and quite limited vs. the new version 3.

Especially keep in mind the following areas, that changed with version 3:
  • The apps are now Universal Windows Apps
  • The primary intention is the usage on a tablet, but the app runs on any Windows 10 device
  • So everybody should be able to try the apps at least in simulation mode
  • The groundstation app is now called FlightZoomer Cockpit
  • The following system diagram is still applicable, only point 3 is a tablet now:

Of course there are quite some other new innovations for version 3. The following video shows another unique feature of FlightZoomer version 3:
The ultimate terrain view for drone pilots! - FlightZoomer 3 Feature Preview (5 min 4 sec)
Last edited by FlightZoomer; Today at 12:07 PM. Reason: Better wording
to remove ads between posts