Mar 20, 2017, 12:34 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Mini-Review

ZD Racing 10427 - 1/10 Big Foot RC Brushless Truck - RTR

ZD Racing 10427 - 1/10 Big Foot RC Brushless Truck - RTR

$136 with RC18OFF coupon code.

ZD Racing 10427 is a 1/10th scale brushless monster truck. It has a 3300KV high-intensity brushless motor delivering speeds of 50km/h (~30MPH). "Splashproof" 45A ESC, and 3.5kg High-torque Servo. Run time is stated to be about 30 minutes.

Video Review

ZD Racing Thunder ZMT-10 9106 1/10 Scale 4WD Brushless Truck (10 min 11 sec)

Box Contents

1x7.4V 2400mAh high-capacity
1xImax B3 Charger
1xT3GMN-2400 TX
1xManual
1xBig Brushless Truck

Images of Contents

Disclaimer

I’ve received this product from GearBest.com for the purpose of evaluation and review.
Last edited by JohnCC; Jun 07, 2017 at 11:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 12:59 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Speed Test Conducted by "RC Tanks & Trucks 24/7" on YouTube:

~25mph on 2S
~40mph on 3S

These are actual numbers produced in the real world.

Great tips from Chripster here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post38332490
Last edited by JohnCC; Jan 26, 2018 at 01:28 AM.
Mar 29, 2017, 10:00 PM
RD's Drone Reviews
Here's my review videos John! Thanks!!!

$105!!! 4WD Brushless ZDRACING 1/10th scale R/C monster truck (20 min 0 sec)
Mar 29, 2017, 10:21 PM
RD's Drone Reviews
and my snow drive review.....

$105..ZDRACING BRUSHLESS 40MPH!! RTR 4WD Truck Test Drive in the Snow (9 min 56 sec)
Apr 02, 2017, 11:55 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Great videos! Our weather has not been so good with all the rain so I have hardly been able to get out there and drive this beast more than a few times. I'm surprised there's not more interest in this truck, although I have not owned an RC truck or car in years. Last time I played with one was probably over a decade ago. This is like, a whole new level of power for me. Never had cars or trucks even close to this as a kid.
Apr 02, 2017, 12:13 PM
Car Bashing
45A esc, 3300kv motor, 2s battery 25C, 40mph, i would like to see a proof of that speed.
Apr 08, 2017, 06:48 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Review video is up. I would love to test the speed of the truck to see what it's actually getting vs claimed. It feels very fast though.
Apr 09, 2017, 09:04 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
Here's my review videos John! Thanks!!!
A video on youtube show that the top speed isn't 40mph but 40 KM/H with stock 2s battery, not really the same speed. It would be better to avoid to put a speed on a video wihtout have really test it, it make your video as bad and untrue advertising, especialy with two "!" after the speed.
Apr 09, 2017, 03:20 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
ZD-Racing is showing 64km/h which is ~39.76 or 40mph.

Upon checking the product specifications, they have changed at Gearbest. It's rated for 50km/h (30mph). So I have now updated the first post, per the gearbest specs.

http://www.guphotos.com/images/uploads/RM7154BL-1.jpg

Only way I can think of to test actual speed is to strap my iphone to the truck with a speedometer and gun it to see what comes up. Wouldn't blame someone for putting text with advertised specs in the video text though.
Last edited by JohnCC; Apr 09, 2017 at 03:33 PM.
Apr 09, 2017, 03:43 PM
Car Bashing
Yes, it is better to put the right speed. But it still not 50km/h but 41km/h from the youtube video who use an accurate speedmeter...It often happen that chinese brands put lot off more speed on their boxes. But some are right, like JLB and Eachine for exemple.

But i don't talk about your thread, you can put the speed given by the manufacturer as the factory speed spec, you only have this info at the beginning, you can update your thread and write a new post about that, but do a video with the car who run and call it review and put that speed like a fact without test it before isn't good at all imo. If you don't know rc car and you don't know that a 3300kv on 2s won't reach 40mph, it is an other story (i mean, on cheap RTR).
Apr 09, 2017, 04:03 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
I just found the video you're talking about.

ZD RACING THUNDER ZMT-10 4WD Brushless Monster Truck - Speed Runs On 2S & 3S (3 min 19 sec)

So basically you get ~25mph on 2S, and... ~40mph on 3S. So I guess the flyer is correct since it lists 64km/h "MAX SPEED" -- but you just won't get that out of the box. Good to know. Still a great truck either way. I normally review quadcopters and not any RC cars, so this is my first time messing around with a car/truck demonstration actually. If I get more cars and trucks I should grab a speed meter like that one.

One thing interesting to note: he's running a 3s battery on a 45a esc... is that... a bit much. It feaking FLIES on 3S though.

I added this info to the reserved post.
Last edited by JohnCC; Apr 09, 2017 at 04:13 PM.
Apr 09, 2017, 04:20 PM
Car Bashing
Take care, 45A, he didn't measured the esc temperature, imo 45A with 3300kv on 3s and it won't last long.

When you sell a car as RTR, the speed on the box is the speed that you can expected right out of the box, with the material who is in the box. Because, if we go on this way, i change the battery, the esc and the motor and i can maybe reach 60mph, so why not put 60mph also lol, if we can change what are in the box to reach the speed who is wrote on the box...so finally, this speed mean nothing, it is just a false argument for sell more.

EDIT : as you stated, 45A, imo the esc won't last long, as i say above, so the speed on the box or given by gearbest is definitively not the good speed.
Last edited by Jym73; Apr 09, 2017 at 04:29 PM.
Apr 14, 2017, 04:47 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
I had the opportunity today to try 3S and it was very fast. But the truck is so easy to flip on 3S, much more than 2S. So I think the optimal configuration is to expect to use a 2S battery. I will get a video of the 3s uploaded if I can. The motor becomes hot enough that I can't leave my finger on it.
Last edited by JohnCC; Apr 15, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
Apr 17, 2017, 03:07 AM
Is somebody know where I can find spare parts for this truck? It seems to be not easy to find.
Apr 20, 2017, 11:07 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpleasure
Is somebody know where I can find spare parts for this truck? It seems to be not easy to find.
Yes - GearBest doesn't carry them, but RCMoment does. The nuts, the shocks, the tires, just to name a few. Anything under "ZD RACING RC MONSTER CAR" is for the truck.

http://www.rcmoment.com/search/zd-ra...nster-car.html

I have been driving this truck every other day so far and I love it. feel like a kid again really since this is the only rc truck or car I have owned in at least a decade.

Quick Reply