WLtoys Q353 Land Sea Air 3 n 1 Drone

The WLtoys Q353 is a one-of-kind drone that can fly through the air, float and drive on the water and roll along flat ground. The wheels for driving on the land are tiny and only suitable for ultra flat terrain like pavement, but being able to drive it around on the water is very interesting...

Splash

You can Fly, Drive, or Float this Drone

The WLtoys Q353 is a one-of-kind drone that can fly through the air, float and drive on the water and roll along flat ground. The wheels for driving on the land are tiny and only suitable for ultra flat terrain like pavement, but being able to drive it around on the water is very interesting. The unit must be waterproof to be able to reliably do this and one way to waterproof a drone is to seal the electronics, including the battery. It appears that the battery is non-removable which is a sacrifice they made forcing users to recharge after every flight. There is a hatch on the back that opens up to reveal the charging port. The flight time is only listed as 6-7 minutes so we are not sure how useful this will actually be.

The drone body is designed to look like a boat hull with a sleek shape that will cut through the water. To provide forward propulsion on the land and water, you press a button on the included transmitter and the rear motors will tilt forward allowing you to use the throttle to control forward speed. You can take off in this mode while moving forward or you can take off vertically like a traditional drone. If you happen to flip the drone over in the water, giving it some throttle will flip it right side up so you don't have to go swimming.

The WLtoys Q353 features a 6 axis gryo for stabilization and has claims of orientation control and 1 button return to home. There is no GPS on this drone so it uses the control signal for these features, but you should note that this type of system is not as reliable as one with GPS on board. The control transmitter is 2.4Ghz and offers multiple control rates, buttons to operate the LED lights on the drone as well as return to home and headless modes. This is certainly an interesting drone with one of a kind features, but we think the short run time, lack of swappable batteries, and no GPS are some big misses that may cause buyers to think twice. What do you guys think, is this a drone you would enjoy?

Check out the WLtoys Q353 Land Sea Air 3 n 1 Drone Here

Specifications:

• Frequency: 2.4GHz
  • Channels: 4
  • Flight time: 6-7Mins
  • Charger time: 120 Mins
  • Control distance: 150m
  • Battery: 2S 7.4V 1200MAh Battery
  • Transmitter battery: 6 x 1.5V AA ( not included )
  • Size: 36.5 x 36.5 x 12cm
  • Weight: 323g

Features:

• Air, Land or Sea Operation
  • Titling Rear Motor for forward movement on land or water
  • Adjustable control rates
  • Orientation Control
  • One button return to home
  • One button auto take off

Package Includes:

• 1 x Q353 drone
  • 1 x Transmitter
  • 1 x 7.4V 1200mAh Battery
  • 4 x Propeller
  • 1 x Charger
  • 1 x Manual

Mar 20, 2017, 07:52 PM
That is COOL. I've always wanted to fly a quad over the water but worry about crashing and sinking.

Now I don't have to worry.

It seems to have a lot of features for just $70. Might have to get this one.

It is brushed though correct? I wonder how they seal the motors
Mar 20, 2017, 08:45 PM
BeE fYiNg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
That is COOL. I've always wanted to fly a quad over the water but worry about crashing and sinking.

Now I don't have to worry.

It seems to have a lot of features for just $70. Might have to get this one.

It is brushed though correct? I wonder how they seal the motors
They don't need to seal the motors.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitz View Post
They don't need to seal the motors.
Oh. I was thinking if they weren't sealed then water would be able to seep down inside...
Yesterday, 02:57 PM
It got away...
sick...