F5b/f5d wc 2018 - RC Groups
Mar 20, 2017, 08:49 AM
Discussion

F5b/f5d wc 2018

Hi all,

do we know already where the F5B / F5D WC will take place next year ?

I heard about Japan, is it true ?

Best regards

Julien
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 02:16 PM
Takikawa Hokkaido,Japan, about 99.9% certain.

Will you be joining?
Mar 20, 2017, 04:06 PM
If I succeed to get in French team I would definitely love to go there !
Japan is a country I reallly want to visit and this would be a really great opportunity

Julien
Mar 20, 2017, 11:00 PM
The contest will be on a full size glider port: http://takikawaskypark.com/location. As of now the event is scheduled for the late July of next year.

Steve Neu
Mar 21, 2017, 04:22 AM
Damn, thats exciting
Mar 21, 2017, 12:08 PM
Can't see too many going there.
Mar 21, 2017, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2000
Can't see too many going there.
Why not? Great flying site,interesting country to visit, different culture, friendly hosts--etc. Look at it from a non European perspective---since 1986 we have had a electric WC every two years. In that time it has been hosted outside of Europe only 4 times---once in Australia and 3 times in the US. The rest of the world has to get on airplanes and travel long distances to attend a WC---seems only fair that from time to time Europeans do the same.

Steve Neu
Mar 21, 2017, 01:58 PM
If I qualify then it would be totally a must go to event. I agree with Steve.
Mar 21, 2017, 02:55 PM
Should be a fantastic WC to fly, to me Japan has a certain attraction which not many countries do. However I still need to convince myself on the financial justification to go there. As such I respect the presence of all ´overseas´ pilots at the past wc´s all the more.

Steve, 4 overseas WC may not sound like a lot. But actually, when looking at the percentage of overseas pilots at the WC, one might come to the conclusion quite a fare share of WC´s were overseas:
8 out 42 pilots : 19%
4 out of 16 WC´s : 25%

Gerben
Mar 21, 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben
Should be a fantastic WC to fly, to me Japan has a certain attraction which not many countries do. However I still need to convince myself on the financial justification to go there. As such I respect the presence of all ´overseas´ pilots at the past wc´s all the more.

Steve, 4 overseas WC may not sound like a lot. But actually, when looking at the percentage of overseas pilots at the WC, one might come to the conclusion quite a fare share of WC´s were overseas:
8 out 42 pilots : 19%
4 out of 16 WC´s : 25%

Gerben
I am not sure the US should count as 3

Another thought---maybe if it were to be hosted more often outside the EU and the US there would be more interest from the rest of the world?

Steve
Mar 21, 2017, 06:08 PM
Tragic case
I have flown F5B in Japan as contestant in contests organized by ken Ueyama. It was a wonderful event. I brought my wife and youngest daughter and we had an excellent holiday after the event for a few days. Possibly the best F5B event I've ever been to, mainly because of my wife accompanying me.

As it happened it was cherry blossom festival and Ken had organized a visit to the local hot bath as well as some dinners. One of the best holidays I've had in the last 20 years and one that lives on in the memeory. Of course that was outside Tokyo different to the WC site. We visited NIkko, Hiroshima, Hakone, Kyoto after. Each was interesting. The train transport is excellent.

world champs I have been to in Pitesti, Muncie and Kiev were also interesting. Pitesti in its own way perhaps as good as Japan(we had a driving tour through east Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary before the wife went to turkey with my mum and I drove on down to Romania, returning via Bulgaria and Serbia).

the point is it's an effort and an expense but one I've found very worth while and some of the most interesting travel I've ever done. Us aussies do a lot of travelling and I must say I don't have an excess of sympathy for those who say it's too hard or not worth the effort. Business or pleasure it's on the road we go , high ho, high ho.
Mar 23, 2017, 03:36 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Lewis
If I qualify then it would be totally a must go to event. I agree with Steve.
Same here. That it is in Japan is just an extra reason to go.

Oct 13, 2017, 01:01 PM
Bump.

Are there any news/info/rumors on the limiter/logger to be used in the F5B WC?
Will we use the Neu telemetry system again, or Unilog read out after flight? Or something new?

Teams might want to know as drivetrains may need to be modified or resoldered to accomodate the device...

Cheers,
Andy
Oct 13, 2017, 02:12 PM
Hallo,

I have got some answers from Ken about cost in Japan and also some news about telemetrie.

Hello Willy

We will have official Bulletin 1 by September.
We are working on Japanese version of telemetry system at this moment.
Here is some information about cost in Japan.
I will help you anyway I can so don’t hesitate to ask me.

See you in Japan

Ken Ueyama
2018 WCH Event Director

ENTRY FEES:
- 350 € Senior competitors and Team Manager / Assistant Team manager
- 175 € Junior competitor
- 80 € Helper , supporter
- 40 € Banquet (optional)
- 50 € Entry fee to the Open international Contest “Takikawa Cup F5B - F5D”(optional),

ACCOMMODATION:
There are two western style hotels in Takikawa.
1.HOTEL MIURA KAEN
2.HOTEL SUEHIRO
Unfortunately both hotels’ reception does not speak English at this moment (We will have someone during the WCH)it is difficult to make reservation on web or e-mail if you don’t understand Japanese. To make reservation easy, we’ve made arrangement with both hotels to keep 50 rooms each for us until the end of March.
After this period we will lose this arrangement and will be very difficult to find a room in Takikawa.
Takikawa area in summer time has many sports event and all hotels become fully booked. However Sapporo(capital city of Hokkaido)and Asahikawa (second largest city)are 60min drive away and plenty good hotels with English web-site.

Average half - board (breakfast included) accommodation cost in the Takikawa area is accessed to be 65 Euro / person / day.

Food cost
Food cost is very reasonable in Japan. Breakfast is about 3 to 4 Euros. Lunch 6 to 8 Euros Dinner 10 to 15 Euros.

Rental car
With basic liability insurance
Mini van 60~80Euros/day
Compact car 50~60Euros/day
Last edited by v-willy; Oct 14, 2017 at 06:41 AM.
Oct 14, 2017, 01:09 AM
Japanese telemetry system?!
Oh boi...please not another short term availability and bug fixing on the wc...