Mar 19, 2017, 04:16 AM
Discussion

Micro nano sma

I wish they made a slimmed down micro or nano sma or rpsma connector. I find ipex is brittle and i like the mmcx wish more vtx's would utilize it. But i can where a small sma could be used all over this hobby? Am i crazy or do you guys agree? It may be just a dream but a good one i think.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2017, 06:05 AM
They make SMB and SMC connectors but probably what you want is an MCX connector. Quite small , snap fit so doesn't vibrate lose.

Cheers,
David
Mar 20, 2017, 02:10 AM
mmcx
Mar 26, 2017, 05:11 AM
I love the mmcx the rush vtx came with. The ipex is just too brital. I really like that smc , fact its exactaly what i was thinking about! Why dont we use thase over sma?? Smaller strong enough and threaded for added security. I think ill ebay some and check them out. Thanks!
Mar 26, 2017, 05:12 AM
Cheers!
Apr 04, 2017, 11:14 AM
Yes! MMCX FTW! I got a Rush VTX after getting fed up with weak ipex connectors. There's a new AIO board (F4 V5PR0) coming out with MMCX, otherwise those are the only 2 fpv products I've seen that use it.
Apr 04, 2017, 08:20 PM
fly by night
good idea.

it is also a good idea to just solder the antenna on directly to the pcb. though I only do that for lightweight and nano builds
Apr 05, 2017, 12:46 PM
U.FL is somewhat common, or just chop it and solder it on straight up.
Last edited by parajared; Apr 06, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Apr 07, 2017, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andalogstick
Yes! MMCX FTW! I got a Rush VTX after getting fed up with weak ipex connectors. There's a new AIO board (F4 V5PR0) coming out with MMCX, otherwise those are the only 2 fpv products I've seen that use it.
You like the rush? I alread broke one i guess the v2 will send 5v to the cam as well should be out by now. Great board for 27$ the no questions asked warrenty is great as well btw.