Apr 25, 2017, 07:15 AM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husafreak
I'm looking at my new Jeti Mezon Lite 90 and I don't see how I can program it with Tx stick inputs. The website says it is programmable via programming box or PC. Nuts. Not another box I'll only use once... Do you guys know if it needs to be programmed? Or if it can be plugged into a PC without a special high dollar cable? I don't see the base settings listed. I can guess the BEC will not be putting out 8V. I guess I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow.
Depending on the motor.......90 % chance you don't need to do anything....and Jeti didn't make thing difficult, just very versatile.....you have the best ESC on the market
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2017, 09:50 AM
Thanks. I will need to program it to take advantage of my HV servos. Maybe the little USB link will work for much less than the cost of the programmmung box. I prefer to use a PC anyway.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
Depending on the motor.......90 % chance you don't need to do anything....and Jeti didn't make thing difficult, just very versatile.....you have the best ESC on the market
The only thing I meant by saying Jeti made things difficult, is that if you have a Jeti tx, you can program the ESC right from the tx. The rest of us have to buy the box. They also stopped you having access to the log without a Jeti tx, the programmer box will not show it anymore.
Apr 25, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy
The second side of the coin is I have never seen an airplane weighed at any event besides the Nats or a WC.
Perhaps I've gotten a bit warped because a couple of the guys I fly with usually go to the Nats and one goes to the WC and he is always chasing grams...
Apr 25, 2017, 04:42 PM
So, how does the Acuity fly? Theirs a lot here on ESC's but nothing the model.
Apr 25, 2017, 09:05 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
The only thing I meant by saying Jeti made things difficult, is that if you have a Jeti tx, you can program the ESC right from the tx. The rest of us have to buy the box. They also stopped you having access to the log without a Jeti tx, the programmer box will not show it anymore.
I have 2 Jeti TX's and I also have the small $30 programming box...useful, readily available and pretty cheap, I usually program my Mezon's with it
Apr 25, 2017, 10:32 PM
Sorry guys I have not been on here at all, I honestly have been so busy with the move that I have not been able to get online much at all. I have been flying my Acuity for some time now but how about the folks that have theirs? Any questions you guys have please feel free to ask here.

I included a picture from tonight's practice session.

Andrew
Apr 26, 2017, 01:30 AM
Mines not together jet. Just got my servos today. Does anyone have the ESC settings for a Jeti Mezon/Himax HC6330 Pro combo?
Apr 26, 2017, 08:07 AM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2002
1,760 Posts
Timing 24 degrees
Pole count 20
PWM 8Hz
Break manual
40% start power
brake delay 0.0
end power 60%
brake speed .1
Auto Cut off
3.0v per cell
Initial end point Auto
High end point 1.9
BEC voltage 8.0

I think that is all of them in there
Apr 26, 2017, 06:32 PM
Awesome AJ! Honestly, you're the best
Don't laugh but after working on my new Acuity for a couple hours I went digging Through my unbuilt kits and found my Fancy Foam milled Osiris. So I'm building that one too (we never found a good indoor venue).A blast from the past!
Apr 26, 2017, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
Sorry guys I have not been on here at all, I honestly have been so busy with the move that I have not been able to get online much at all. I have been flying my Acuity for some time now but how about the folks that have theirs? Any questions you guys have please feel free to ask here.

I included a picture from tonight's practice session.

Andrew
No questions... working on mine. Will post a few pics of my build when I get back home. In the Detroit area through Friday on business.
Last edited by DRC1; Mar 10, 2018 at 05:56 PM.
May 21, 2017, 12:57 AM
Thread OP

Removable Rudder

I gave a little thought as to how to manage the removable rudder. Here is my solution:

1) Bend the wire on the bottom to run along side and under the tail wheel assembly.
2) Cut a groove in the bottom to lay the wire down so it is secured under the tail wheel assembly.
3) Cover the area with Blue covering.
4) If the rudder needed to be removed, simply remove the tail wheel assembly.

I have full deflection of the Rudder without the wire interfering and it will not fall out. It does not take away from the appearance of the plane.

Here are some pics...
Jun 04, 2017, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
Some pictures of the 2M along side of the 62". All that's left to be done is the final CG check and equipment placement.

Jun 04, 2017, 07:01 PM
Did the Maiden on mine today. This model fly's so very well and with almost non-existent trimming necessary, I'm most pleased with it...
Jun 04, 2017, 08:31 PM
Thread OP
Looks good... What prop are you using?

Quick Reply