Mar 18, 2017, 09:17 AM
Full time RV
Discussion

Soling Finally Built

Finally got my Soiling 1m built and in the water for the 1st time to do a leak test.
Only paint i have on it right now is the hatch cover. Being a full time RVr i did not have access to many power tools except my dremel and small drill. I built this by hand without a jig. The keel and rudder are straight in line. (used the pic posted using the stand, 2 paint sticks and clamps, worked great) Weight as it is in the 1st pic is 10lb 2oz. As i did not have shot i did order the finished keel from Victor.

The transom has been filled and sanded smooth, glass lined in the hull, fwd and mid section. After 2 hours on the water i have 0 leaks. YAY i musta done it right. What adjustable boom vang do y'all use? I dont like the one that came with the kit.
Last edited by FulltimeRV; Mar 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 05:38 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
http://www.theamya.org/boats/seawind...SWExpress6.pdf
Mar 18, 2017, 06:40 PM
Nice job...
Mar 18, 2017, 08:03 PM
Deleted
Last edited by Dick L.; Mar 18, 2017 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Deleted
Mar 25, 2017, 09:26 AM
Full time RV
Painted my boat, hatch covers. No sanding yet as it still needs to gas out and 1 more coat. Going to leave white below the water line. After the second coat and clear coat, going to put some stripe around the top lip. Still a work in progress. It sails nice.