Mar 18, 2017, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

A plug for Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair CA.

There is a real hobby shop still around (not just an RC cars shop with some RTF planes). The place is huge, and has RC planes, RC cars, RC boats, slot cars, plastic models, you name it. They have an incredible RC plane section. Not just the latest foamies, but balsa kits, building supplies, Sig dope, a full line of covering materials, lots of glow engines and electric power. Every kind of cable and adapter you can think of. ALL the major radio brands. They had everything I was looking for in stock. That never happens. And a friendly staff. Too bad it is an hour away from my home.

If you live in So Cal, take a trip and see the place.

http://www.pegasushobbies.net/catalog/

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 11:28 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTrains
There is a real hobby shop still around (not just an RC cars shop with some RTF planes). The place is huge, and has RC planes, RC cars, RC boats, slot cars, plastic models, you name it. They have an incredible RC plane section. Not just the latest foamies, but balsa kits, building supplies, Sig dope, a full line of covering materials, lots of glow engines and electric power. Every kind of cable and adapter you can think of. ALL the major radio brands. They had everything I was looking for in stock. That never happens. And a friendly staff. Too bad it is an hour away from my home.

Scott
GREAT shop!!!!!!! One of the last of the brick & mortar!!!! Probably the ONLY shop left where the employee's aren't resentful of my IQ of 70. I've NEVER left there disappointed. My only complaint: Closed Monday's. Thanks for the praise, Scott.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Sep 22, 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Sep 22, 2018, 01:38 PM
AeroDan
Quote:

Scott
Hi, Scott. Do you know “Tony” (R/C Aero Dept.)? Real nice gentleman. NEVER too busy to shoot the breeze, assists me w/all my flying needs. Pegasus is my Go-To Brick & Mortar. HUGE store/selection. Daniel
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 13, 2018 at 02:50 PM.
Oct 01, 2018, 06:11 PM
Thread OP
Its 50 miles away so I have only been there a few times and do not know the staff. But they have always been most helpful.

Scott
Oct 10, 2018, 09:46 AM
AeroDan
Quote:
Its 50 miles away so I have only been there a few times and do not know the staff. But they have always been most helpful.

Scott
My Go-To Brick & Mortar for almost 15 years now. I just wish I could visit more often. Daniel
Last edited by Bell47G2; Jan 25, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
Jan 15, 2019, 12:34 AM
AeroDan
Visited yesterday morning, & got there just before they opened. Busy, but I got what I needed, as usual. I don’t remember EVER leaving disappointed. Everyone’s friendly there. My Go-To LHS.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Jan 15, 2019 at 08:41 PM.
Feb 06, 2019, 09:14 AM
AeroDan
Probably has the BEST “Layaway” deal I’ve ever seen: 25%-Down/90-Days. PERFECT for married-idiots such as I. Not too many other businesses have that kind of deal.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Apr 23, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
Mar 23, 2019, 11:52 AM
AeroDan
I haven’t been able to visit in almost a month now, although it’s ONLY 6-miles NW from where I live. Hopefully, I can spin by soon after my Uncle Sam refund arrives sometime next month, and just shoot-the-breeze, see what’s new/old. GREAT SHOP!!!!
Aug 31, 2019, 12:18 PM
AeroDan
Looks like I’ll be spinning by there tomorrow to make a layaway payment. My 11th wedding anniversary was last Wednesday, so now, it’s time for a molecule of brain-power. Yeah, about the ONLY con I have about Pegasus is that they’re closed on Mondays. But the pros are ENDLESS!!!!
Oct 08, 2019, 02:17 PM
AeroDan
Picked up my layaway about an hour ago (E-Flite UMX J-3). Weather-permitting, I’ll maiden this @my club field on the 26th. This is the ONLY brick and mortar hobby shop I’ve ever patronized where I feel happy & content when pulling out from the parking lot.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 14, 2019 at 01:09 AM.
Oct 16, 2019, 11:12 AM
AeroDan
Grabbed a 2S LiPo here for my UMX J-3 yesterday afternoon. Overheard one of the R/C Aero Dept. staff say they have a build/repair service here, @$35/hr. Might come in handy sometime in the future. Wonder if they can handle that OLD Sterling 33 1/2“ span Citabria (early-‘70s scheme) Kit collecting dust & silverfish eggs @the bottom of my closet?
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 30, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:21 PM
AeroDan
Donated back-issues of “Model Aviation” and “Electric Flight” earlier this afternoon, while making a layaway payment. Cashier thanked me for them. My wife said I can have my hobby, but I just can’t have 2,000 magazines.
Nov 23, 2019, 10:57 AM
I haven't heard this name in a long time. I think I remember going there when I lived in LaVerne back in the early 80s. Though the location seems somewhat different, but it's been a long. I bought a Protek peak detect NiCad charger, very high tech at the time.
Nov 23, 2019, 02:41 PM
AeroDan
It’s the largest Brick & Mortar in SoCal, Joel. My ONLY complaint; Closed on Monday’s.
Nov 30, 2019, 12:14 PM
AeroDan
Visited yesterday morning (Black Friday). Co-owner (Larry) opened 5-minutes early, to let the herd in. EVERYTHING was 10% off. Got PRECISELY what I needed (a CommonSenseRC EC3 charging adapter w/gold-plated banana plugs, and an E-Flite Celectra 2S 7.4V Charger, to replace the one where I got the 12V DC +/- polars/crocodile-clips mixed-up, causing the little diode inside to burst (loud POP). Oh, what a fun morning that was; haven’t been that bummed since that first Apprentice of mine wound 90’ up that 100’ Eucalyptus Tree). In and out in 5-minutes, tops. My wife spent a good 2-hrs at her favorite store, but for the life of me, I CAN’T seem to remember the name her store.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Dec 03, 2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply