Aug 15, 2018, 08:55 AM
Don't hate bro
We've had some good luck with the weather lately - dry and low wind, but hot - so I've been lucky enough to get to fly lately. I think I've flown more in the last two weeks than I did all year
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2018, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
We've had some good luck with the weather lately - dry and low wind, but hot - so I've been lucky enough to get to fly lately. I think I've flown more in the last two weeks than I did all year
Low humidity counts for a LOT! But you're used to heat right?

Today was really hot and humid...I could have flown but spent literally all day painting a very large bathroom.

I hope to get back in the groove soon....Been getting too used to staying inside. Even if the temps are not too bad, I don't want to stand out in the hot summer sun and bake....I venture out after 3:00 when the sun angle settles down a bit.
Aug 16, 2018, 09:00 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow View Post
Low humidity counts for a LOT! But you're used to heat right?

Today was really hot and humid...I could have flown but spent literally all day painting a very large bathroom.

I hope to get back in the groove soon....Been getting too used to staying inside. Even if the temps are not too bad, I don't want to stand out in the hot summer sun and bake....I venture out after 3:00 when the sun angle settles down a bit.
Just got back from another great day at the club I've become pretty good friends with several of the guys there which makes being part of the club much more funner. I can take a lot of heat with no issues, but I work indoors. The sun still bakes me to a crisp in a few seconds.

Hopefully you'll get into a normal flying routine soon
Aug 17, 2018, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
Just got back from another great day at the club I've become pretty good friends with several of the guys there which makes being part of the club much more funner. I can take a lot of heat with no issues, but I work indoors. The sun still bakes me to a crisp in a few seconds.

Hopefully you'll get into a normal flying routine soon
You have friends!?

What's it like?

Club field is one guarantee to meet people who fly planes.....lol
Aug 17, 2018, 09:15 AM
Don't hate bro
Yeah and even though they're much older than I am we are all nothing but a bunch of kids

They are my only friends in real life. And I have 1 other friend who isn't part of the club.
Aug 17, 2018, 10:50 PM
Our only true friends are the ones we grew up with and knew as kids...

Anyone we met later in life are just acquaintances....
Aug 18, 2018, 09:37 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow View Post
Our only true friends are the ones we grew up with and knew as kids...

Anyone we met later in life are just acquaintances....
Very true
Sep 16, 2019, 09:19 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Can anyone tell me how to set up the thrust vectoring? If I simply use a Y connector for both the vectoring and rudder servo that works. But, I'm trying to figure out a way to put them on separate channels so I can turn the vectoring on and off.

Thanks,
Tom
Sep 16, 2019, 09:43 PM
OOOhhh zombie thread!

You put the vector on ch 5 and then mix with your rudder channel. You can then adjust how much you want the vector to throw and turn off vectoring mix when you want.

Prop vector is awesome though and plane flies great with it. I thought at first it might be too much but the plane loves it. Allows for nice flat turns. I still have mine and one NIB.

Also be sure TV servo rods clear the foam hatch. Mine rubbed against the top, and I had to carve out a little foam.

I also made more room for the lipo by mounting the rx on the outside of the fuse under the wing.

I use Floureon 3s 1,000mah.
Sep 16, 2019, 10:18 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Hugo:

Thank you!!!

By any chance do you know the specifics of how to set this up in a Spektrum DX8? I put the TV servo on channel 5. But, the mixing settings in the transmitter have me very confused.

Thanks,
Tom
Sep 17, 2019, 01:12 AM
Don't hate bro
I don’t know much about Spektrum specific programming, so I can’t help there.

I do know that there are 3 possible modes: thrust vectoring only, thrust vectoring and rudder, or rudder only. Initially I had all 3 modes programmed to a 3 position switch but quickly learned that the thrust vectoring only mode wasn’t much fun at all. I changed it to a 2 position switch for rudder only or thrust vectoring with rudder.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan
Hugo:

Thank you!!!

By any chance do you know the specifics of how to set this up in a Spektrum DX8? I put the TV servo on channel 5. But, the mixing settings in the transmitter have me very confused.

Thanks,
Tom
It's very straight forward. Mixing has master and slave. Rudder is the master and TV is the slave. The only thing left is the % of travel you are setting for the TV servo.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:35 PM
To much travel, and the prop will hit the sides of the nose cone.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:38 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Thank you.

I"m sorry that I don't know this stuff, but I can't seem to figure out what to enter for the mix in a Spektrum DX8. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Tom
Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulligan
Thank you.

I"m sorry that I don't know this stuff, but I can't seem to figure out what to enter for the mix in a Spektrum DX8. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Tom
If you bought your tx new, it came with a manual. If you bought it used and didn't get a manual, you can download the pdf. File of it from Horizon.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean by not knowing what to enter for a mix. It''s pretty straightforward. There's mix section of menu. Pick ch 4 as master and ch 5 as slave..then enter what % of travel you want the TV servo to move. Each direction can have it's own value.

Quick Reply