Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 17, 2017, 01:30 AM
Mach 1
Discussion

Dads airplanes

I thought these might be of interest These were some of my fathers airplanes..All these are on slides.I did this with an old Argus slide projector and then took the pictures off the screen with an Iphone.The early 60's slides are dated from 61 to somewhere around 63.I have another cartridge full of slides.I'll check them over and post a few more when I get time.
Sorry about the spelling in some of the photo's
Last edited by pathfinder; Mar 17, 2017 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2017, 06:57 AM
PhoenixFlyer
I sure remember the 1957 or could be a 1958 DeSoto in the background. Days of the tail fins.

Vince
Mar 17, 2017, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the photo display, very nice see some of those classics back then.

Ron
Mar 17, 2017, 09:31 AM
Mach 1
i don't think that's a Kaos in the first photo.Mabe a Tiger Tail? Although I do remember a Kaos that looked just like it.
Last edited by pathfinder; Mar 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
Mar 17, 2017, 10:43 AM
AMA 73386
thats a great family heritage
Mar 17, 2017, 01:31 PM
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.

David
Mar 17, 2017, 08:07 PM
The yellow delta wing is looks too advanced for 1963. Are you sure of the date?

Nice memories, thanks for sharing.

Jim
Mar 17, 2017, 08:41 PM
Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha View Post
The yellow delta wing is looks too advanced for 1963. Are you sure of the date?

Nice memories, thanks for sharing.

Jim
I just checked the date stamped on the slide.1963
I wish that slide was clearer.That would be a good one to have transferred to a picture and framed.
Last edited by pathfinder; Mar 17, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
Mar 17, 2017, 10:09 PM
West Coast Director, CPA
Absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing your precious memories!

Robert
Mar 18, 2017, 04:32 AM
Bo Edström, Sweden
pathfinder,
The wite and red ARF plane in post #6 (photo nr 6) is probably a Pilot ARF. It was a Japanese manufacturer that made many ABS plastic fuselage with white foam wing ARFs (usually foam wing with thin plastic cover, but it was also built up wings on some). More often blue-white planes I belive, but also red-white and yellow-white. Often metal hinges on the rudder on the larger planes.
Rather common in beginning-mid 1970th. A plane named Pilot Shell Fly 40 rings in my head when I see that red-white plane. I could be wrong.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Mar 18, 2017 at 05:01 AM.
Mar 18, 2017, 04:59 AM
Bo Edström, Sweden
pathfinder,
Have You identified the radios that can be seen in some of the photos?
Your dad flew both reed radios and proportional radios I assume.

I can se two dark blue Orbit reed radios (in post #1), the red radio (in post #1) could be an RS Systems radio, I can see one light blue radio (in post #6) that perhaps is a F&M (10?) Matador reed radio.

/Bo
Mar 18, 2017, 06:39 AM
Very cool vintage models/ pictures.
Mar 18, 2017, 10:37 AM
I just want to go fly!
Wow! Nice pictures and memories.
Mar 18, 2017, 07:24 PM
Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee View Post
pathfinder,
The wite and red ARF plane in post #6 (photo nr 6) is probably a Pilot ARF. It was a Japanese manufacturer that made many ABS plastic fuselage with white foam wing ARFs (usually foam wing with thin plastic cover, but it was also built up wings on some). More often blue-white planes I belive, but also red-white and yellow-white. Often metal hinges on the rudder on the larger planes.
Rather common in beginning-mid 1970th. A plane named Pilot Shell Fly 40 rings in my head when I see that red-white plane. I could be wrong.

/Bo
I f you are referring to that transmitter in photo #6 next to the Orbit,that was a system that my dad and a buddy of his designed and built.Another friend of his, the next door neighbor who was a machinist of some sort ,also built an inline 60 twin .He told me they couldn't keep it from over heating, that's all I remember.I vaguely remember the Orbits,but he said they were darn good systems.I clearly remember the RS systems they seemed like they were ahead of their time. The transmitter was small and so were the receiver's and servo's.The first RS radio was bad, it crashed an airplane.They gladly replaced and it was rock solid. I loved the bright red color of them too.I believe you are right about the airplane being a Pilot brand airplane, and the name too.That was one cool little bird.I remember the Royal radio's pretty good.We flew those until the EK and Kraft systems hit the scene.EK was his brand of choice.

jimmy