Rotor Rush - Drone Racing Sim - RC Groups

Rotor Rush - Drone Racing Sim

Rotor Rush hit the drone scene this month in a big way. They are working with drone organizations all over the world in an effort to bring drone racing to the masses by making it more accessible for everyone...

Splash

A new initiative in the global drone scene

Rotor Rush hit the drone scene this month in a big way. They are working with drone organizations all over the world in an effort to bring drone racing to the masses by making it more accessible for everyone. They have an amazing simulator which we'll discuss below as well as the Rotor Rush Academy that helps with funding and support for schools that teach kids how to build, fly and race drones. The site launched on March 10th with an online drone racing competition where you can compete with the best drone pilots in the world for real prizes.

Rotor Rush Drone Sim

The simulator looks amazing and is hailed as the best and most accurate drone racing sim available. You can practise drone racing on official tracks from Organizations like MultiGP, FPV Racing Events, Tiny Whoop and more. You can race online against other pilots and join in on live online events that are hosted by real race directors with live commentary. It really sounds like Rotor Rush is going to take the online drone racing sim world by storm and we can't wait to see how it all plays out by bringing drone racing esports to the masses.

Minimum Requirements for Software

• PC Windows 7 OS (with SP1)
  • Intel i5 dual core CPU
  • NVidia 750 Ti graphics card (or equivalent)
  • 4GB RAM plus internet connection
  • Mac Mac supported controllers

Currently the simulator supports the following devices for control input:

• Taranis (via USB connection)
  • Spektrum Transmitters (via OrangeRX dongle)

Rotor Rush Membership

In order to participate and be a part of the Rotor Rush community, you'll need to join the site with a subscription. A Rotor Rush Membership includes the following:

• Access to the Rotor Rush drone racing simulator
  • New race tracks available for download as they are created
  • Leaderboard Competitions Compare your times on real world simulated tracks
  • Global Community Helping fund academy's that are teaching the next generation to fly

Membership is just under $5 a month and you can cancel at anytime. If you find that your computer or equipment is not compatible or even if you are not satisfied with the software, Rotor Rush's guarantee will allow you to cancel and get refunded for your first monthly payment.

Tiny Whoop!!!

Tiny Whoop creator Jesse Perkins has been working with Rotor Rush and it is the official home of Virtual Tiny Whoop. Now you can practice and race micro drones online using official tracks and Tiny Whoop gates. Get your Tiny Whoop on anytime anywhere, now with anyone in the world.

Link

Check out the Rotor Rush Site Here

Mar 16, 2017, 01:22 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Thanks for getting the scoop, Jason. I saw a video clip on Instagram and was wondering what the story was. Certainly looks like the simulator features a nice variety of courses.

Oddly, if you go to their website, there's no information about the simulator software, e.g. platform requirements. I wanted to see if I could run it on macOS, or whether it's another Winblows-only thing. (Description above re: "Mac supported controllers" is confusing.)

Rubs me the wrong way that they are pushing a $5/month subscription model. I always appreciate those phantom charges on my credit card.

No thanks. I'll take a pass.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:20 PM
Looks like ERSA got their sim too along with DRL, wonder when will MultiGP get one...
Mar 16, 2017, 03:56 PM
You have a SP issue on your website
organisations?
Mar 16, 2017, 09:12 PM
Ray
Any good SIMs for fixed wing racing ?

Ray
Mar 20, 2017, 11:16 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
A little late to the party, I'd say. There's already a lot of really good choices out there and I wonder just how many racing sims can exist at a profit.

Liftoff for me.
Mar 21, 2017, 07:05 AM
Speed is Key
can you use a gamepad/joystick controller
Mar 21, 2017, 10:20 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm

Rubs me the wrong way that they are pushing a $5/month subscription model. I always appreciate those phantom charges on my credit card.

No thanks. I'll take a pass.
+1 to that.
Mar 22, 2017, 04:55 AM
would have been an instant buy but sorry the monthly subscription irks me too much
Last edited by Finkz; Mar 22, 2017 at 05:03 AM.
Mar 22, 2017, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkz
would have been an instant buy but sorry the monthly subscription irks me too much
Yep me too
Mar 22, 2017, 02:04 PM
+3, thumbs down to a monthly subscription, especially with other good free Sims out there. Thanks but no thanks.
Mar 23, 2017, 10:14 AM
Team Crash
There are two options with this SIM. Monthly or one time payment. This has been around for quite awhile, but they just changed the name of it. Previously it was called FPVevent PE.
Best SIM out there and closest to feeling like the real thing.
If you want to improve your racing skills this SIM is great. (yes you can use a game pad controller, but it is better if you use your RC radio)
They are set up for Windows and Mac
Mar 23, 2017, 09:50 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
There are two options with this SIM. Monthly or one time payment.
They are set up for Windows and Mac
Thank you, Rook62. Good to hear there's a Mac version as well. So I guess you have to join up before they will tell you about system requirements and payment options? Still seems silly that the info on their public website is so thin.
Mar 24, 2017, 11:21 AM
It is monthly payment only on the website no once of payment mentioned...

"Your payment of 4.00 (plus tax where applicable) today will start your monthly subsciption. Further monthly payments of 4.00 (plus tax where applicable) will then be automatically charged to your PayPal account. If for any reason you find you do not wish to continue with your membership then you may cancel at any time. (NOTE: cancelling your membership will deactivate your licence and you will no longer be able to fly the simulation)"
Mar 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Not very costly and no more different than role playing video games that require a monthly sub. Will try and keep paying if the sim is good, tracks are great and mostly if there are enough people on it for racing online.

Love DRL sim but few people there to fly with