Blade Torrent 110 FPV - Page 206 - RC Groups
Jul 14, 2017, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryTru
If I use the XSR, I will for sure get RSSI telemetry, but I don't know if the FC on the Torrent has an s.port output for additional telemetry. do you (or anyone else) know?
Or you can use XM+ *and* also add an OSD. The Micro MinimOSD is like 1.5g so the weight of it plus XM+ will be around 3 grams, more or less the same as the stock RX if you don't count the extra wires. With the OSD you will have RSSI (channel 16), voltage and flight time.

I have posted this before but in case you're interested:

How to use FrSky XM+ and add Minim OSD for Blade Torrent 110 (6 min 35 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 10:34 AM
Any recent known issues with 110 I am thinking of finally getting one?
Jul 14, 2017, 11:15 AM
Does anybody have (or can make) an STL for these?
https://zh-production.com/fc-soft-mo...orrent-110-fpv

Another idea would be to modify this to fit the Torrent 110:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2285415

I have someone local with a TPU capable 3d printer who would be willing to print these. Would anyone be willing to scale the second one down to fit m2 screws? The file is made for m3 mounted FC's.
Last edited by hundshamer; Jul 14, 2017 at 12:57 PM.
Jul 14, 2017, 01:27 PM
Man now that I soft mounted the FC "kind of" and the Motors, it's smooth like it should have been from Horizon. I cut off the top portion of the soft mounts because it sat the Cam & Body higher than I liked.

If Horizon would have at least truly softmounted the FC from the get-go this would be a Win!

Quick Video from Today
Blade Torrent 110 FPV (5 min 19 sec)
Last edited by DesJardins; Jul 14, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Jul 14, 2017, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8
Any recent known issues with 110 I am thinking of finally getting one?
Some of them pull badly in self-level mode; soft mounting motors and FC can sometimes cure this. If it doesn't, you need to be happy to fly it in acro mode only. Also a few reports of burning out the ESC when flying on 3s. A lot of people fly 3s with no problem though...
Jul 14, 2017, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
Some of them pull badly in self-level mode; soft mounting motors and FC can sometimes cure this. If it doesn't, you need to be happy to fly it in acro mode only. Also a few reports of burning out the ESC when flying on 3s. A lot of people fly 3s with no problem though...
Thanks for info.
Jul 14, 2017, 09:48 PM
"Because I was pǝʇɹǝʌuı"
Hey all, so I want to change out the camera on my Torrent, what is a good replacement?
Jul 14, 2017, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
Hey all, so I want to change out the camera on my Torrent, what is a good replacement?
Runcam Swift Micro. Fits in the stock housing - I drilled out the most outside hole with a 2mm drill and screwed it in there. Power and vtx wires plug straight in.

Edit: There's also a new micro CCD cam out by Foxeer, not sure if that fits though...
Jul 14, 2017, 11:01 PM
My new "Torrent 110"
Jul 14, 2017, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepiper92
My new "Torrent 110"
Ahhhh, very nice! How much of the original Torrent remains? What is the final weight?
Jul 14, 2017, 11:20 PM
sLOWmoFLOw
^^ tastie looking choc dipped cream filled Torrent.
Were you happy with the fit and finish of the frame? And keep us posted on your thoughts after its maiden.
Jul 15, 2017, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGControl
^^ tastie looking choc dipped cream filled Torrent.
Were you happy with the fit and finish of the frame? And keep us posted on your thoughts after its maiden.
The side frames fit a tad loose, I told him about it and he stated that preproduction models were too hard to fit, so they opened up the spaces a bit. A few elastic bands puts some pressure there and holds it still. The assembly otherwise is very easy to work on. I wanted to use the rx that came with the Torrent, but it kept going back into bind mode on the Racer Cube F4. Moved the wire to 3.3V, installed a decased standard sat and all is good. I do find the spacing for the velcro to go through too narrow, and the 450, especially the 650 packs, flatten the velcro down, making it hard to centre. I would have liked to have seen nibs coming out of the sides to allow larger bands to stretch over and secure the packs. This is how the battery is secured in my 550 heli, and the bands are simple to take off and stretch over a battery. The design of the frame to hold the sides on look like they could be duplicated to the sides to for bands without issue.

The CF is very thick, yet the arms are not wide, so very little drag. The quad is designed for the runcam from the get go and screws in. There is a fair amount of space left for other things, such as a voltage regulator, without jamming it all it. I didn't trim the wires from the vtx to ths board and from the camera to the board a great deal, thinking I could end up with too short of wires, but the space in the wuad allows wiring to just be there without being pinched. My power wire is actually in the front because I trimmed some wires to short (had the unit stacked already and didnt realize the fc was pointing in the direction of the wires to the esc. I may change things around, as my leads coming off the esc may be too short to reach the packs. Then again, I don't want the wires hanging down too much.

Overall, much beefier than the Torrent, fits 2.5 inch props (if you get the 2.5 frame for a couple bucks more), easier to work on. I'm hoping my vtx is in an okay place, the antenna is actually shink tubed to a backing for the antenna of an all in one camera/vtx holder for a Creampuff. Guess flying will tell how well I assembled things
Jul 15, 2017, 06:38 AM
So I decided to try repairing my stock ESC (one of the MOSFETs is toasted) before paying $60 for a new one:

Name: Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 3.14.11 AM.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 201.3 KB
Description:

I have quite some experience on SMD rework but this is the hardest job I have ever done. I almost wanted to give up after running my hot air at 660F for over a minute and the solder still wouldn't flow. The thick copper layers and the lead free solder just make it extremely difficult. I kind of knocked it off with my tweezers the second I was about to call it off. Surprisingly the epoxy didn't expand nor the layers were delaminated:

Name: Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 4.00.08 AM.jpg
Views: 32
Size: 464.0 KB
Description:

Next step is to get a bunch of this AON7804 from digikey for like 5 bucks.
Jul 15, 2017, 02:20 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
^ Good Luck!!!

....my batteries hate me, the Torrent is to blame. I truly enjoy the acceleration on this guy, BOooM! gone!
Jul 16, 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helldiver

^ good luck!!!
+1!