Mar 16, 2017, 11:49 AM
I won't fly anything that requires FAA registration, so I had given up on FPV, figured it would always be too heavy... But this is only 120g according to the specs. Cool!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2017, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175
Watching the brushless get better. This looks pretty good but when is the Frsky version coming out? If that was avail then would consider buying one.
We will be offering them with Frsky RX installed for $199.99 and for $175 without an RX
We will get them listed for pre-order tomorrow.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:10 PM
If you can upgrade the motors and add frsky or even osd to this I will sell all my Tiny whoop stuff and buy this.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:11 PM
I am liking this.

I see this on horizonhobby.co.uk so looks like it will be on sale in the UK too - Just not seeing anywhere to pre-order it in the UK at the moment.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:16 PM
I see that the UK/Europe version has a lower powered VTx --> 25mW Video Transmitter, included in BLH04050EU (Europe)
Mar 16, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmreapr
If you can upgrade the motors and add frsky or even osd to this I will sell all my Tiny whoop stuff and buy this.
Not sure about OSD as that will not be easy to add on.
First thing we are going to do is swap the motors for RotorX 1105B with a lower kv and remove the ducts to fit larger props.
I want to see if I can get more flight time with lower kv motors and more efficient props. I am guessing the 4-in-1 ESC is only 10a so I doubt we can user larger motors than 1105B.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:40 PM
I like the look and specs but a bit overpriced the camera hmm looks the same as other blade models but we shall see and no i don't want 25 gigawatts give me the full power of the VTX for that price.
Mar 16, 2017, 12:44 PM
Looks like what the Inductrix 200 should've been
Mar 16, 2017, 12:54 PM
fly a LiPo a day...
Lots of nice points on this new "ducted" micro brushless quad from HH/Blade. Nice to see the SPM4649T telemetry receiver included. IMO, telemetry beats OSD for a tiny quad like this. Motors are standard 4-bolt mount, instead of a proprietary format. Same for FC, which will run standard BetaFlight. All of this should make it less expensive to maintain, and easier to upgrade with 3rd party parts.

Actually, BetaFlight is a surprise. I was under the impression that Blade was pushing RaceFlight. I seem to remember RF got support for SPM4649T telemetry months ago, whereas for BF it was still in the works. Good to see HH open up on that front.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:13 PM
gdo
gdo
A few points from others in this thread: first of all, the price is actually really good for a US designed and SUPPORTED item. You're not going to get that with the BG products. Try buying parts and building your own, even with BG parts you'll be at $300. Check the alternatives too. FlexRC dot com etc. Won't see a better price that includes everything.

I can say for sure that upgrading the motors are not going to be necessary. I built a micro fpv rig myself with 1104 7500kv motors and it's stupid fast insanity flying it on 3s. 1105s will just be heavier and will crush the lipos.

Yes you can take out the receiver and put Frsky in it.

The tiny 4-in-1 ESCs and motors like this weren't really a thing when the Inductrix 200 came out. At least not in the volume needed to make prices reasonable.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:18 PM
I guess I can see the jump to this over improvement on the original blade inductrix fpv or yellow whoop for people looking to step up from whst they know; dont I know a whole lot of people that started with the yellow whoop. So for those guys I can see this being a good move by horizon. That being said I am not one of those guys, I have faster stronger micro, nano, and full size quads so it woild be hard for me to pick up another. I would had much rather seen a new tiny whoop style blade inductrix. Some obvious ideas, stronger frame struts. Maybe a 25mw on board vtx, possibly paired with worlds smallest ccd zero late camera. How about new materials for the frame and hood, lighter stronger ect. Back to this 110 inductrix, looks cool, 3s sees a bit much bit we will see. I like the vtx at 150, should make for a bit more enjoyable fpv experience. I just hipe the price point is a good one to compete with any of the less than 130$ bnf brushless micro's that came out this week.. I picked up q90gt a few weeks back for right at 100$. All the same good luck. I do love blade product's and can speak to the high quality.
Mar 16, 2017, 03:23 PM
$200 is a little bit pricey...but not outrageous. Still for $110 you can get a Kingkong 90GT which is probably my favorite micro quad.
Mar 16, 2017, 05:08 PM
It looks cool to me , But im not sold yet.....
Mar 16, 2017, 05:54 PM
Go Sabres!
Are there any flight times posted?
Mar 16, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdo
A few points from others in this thread: first of all, the price is actually really good for a US designed and SUPPORTED item. You're not going to get that with the BG products. Try buying parts and building your own, even with BG parts you'll be at $300. Check the alternatives too. FlexRC dot com etc. Won't see a better price that includes everything.

I can say for sure that upgrading the motors are not going to be necessary. I built a micro fpv rig myself with 1104 7500kv motors and it's stupid fast insanity flying it on 3s. 1105s will just be heavier and will crush the lipos.

Yes you can take out the receiver and put Frsky in it.

The tiny 4-in-1 ESCs and motors like this weren't really a thing when the Inductrix 200 came out. At least not in the volume needed to make prices reasonable.
RotorX designed the 1104 motor from the ground up.
That was over a few years ago and I been selling the 1104 and then the 1105 ever since so I am very experienced with these motors.
The 1105 is not heavier and will not crush the lipos.
They are lower kv so the idea for me is not to go faster but to get more flight time.
Lower kv motors and larger props generally will be more efficient than smaller props and faster spinning motors.
I am not saying everyone should upgrade the motors.
We are going to try and then compare flight times.
I agree 100% about the price.
I feel it is priced very well for a product that is supported in the U.S. by HH.
Plus I am guessing HH(I know they are not perfect)did a lot more testing than BG when they release a new product.
BG uses the consumers as product testers and then just lowers the price if the product is not that great.