Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Blade Torrent 110 FPV

The all new Blade Torrent FPV has just been announced! This micro brushless quad is perfect for drone racing, freestyling, or general indoor/outdoor shenanigans. Let's take a look!

Blade Torrent 110 FPV

A New High-Performance Micro Quad With a Slew of Features

Blade has just announced a new micro multirotor drone with a length and width of 100mm and a diagonal motor-to-motor span of 110mm. The Torrent FPV is the next logical step in the Blade Inductrix FPV "Tiny Whoop" story, as racers begin to look for faster and more high performance micro rigs to compete and freestyle with. The Torrent features prop guards, a carbon fiber frame, multiple LiPo power options (2s for indoor and 3s for freestyle/racing). Electronics include a telemetry receiver, BL-Heli 4-in-1 ESC, and an F3 flight controller, along with brushless 7600kv motors. The FPV camera/VTx combo puts out 150mw and comes with a 600TVL camera.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Blade Torrent 110 FPV

Blade Torrent 110 FPV BNF Basic (2 min 1 sec)

Four optional color combos are available, and props, prop guards, and the center cover can be purchased separately for different color combinations. Here's what Horizon Hobby has to say about the new Blade Torrent 110 FPV: Micro Brushless FPV racing is all the rage and the Blade® Torrent™ FPV is the ideal racer for beginners and competitive racers alike. This powerful and versatile 110mm FPV racer can be flown indoors and out, but it fits inside your pocket. Propeller guards make it safe to fly inside, while the high torque brushless motors give it the authority to handle the great outdoors. The 2mm carbon fiber frame provides added durability while a 150mW VTX provides clean and powerful video in any environment. The 600TVL camera with 120 degree field of view lets pilots see clearly in tight indoor spaces or out in the backyard. A Betaflight configurable F3 flight controller offers full freedom to tune the flight characteristics to personal preferences and the Spektrum™ Telemetry Serial receiver gives valuable flight log feedback straight to the transmitter. Bind-N-Fly™ completion level allows the competitive racer and beginner to have a successful flight, right out of the box. Simply add a 3S 450mAh battery and bind it to a compatible Spektrum transmitter.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 16, 2017 at 08:18 AM..
Mar 16, 2017, 08:30 AM
Lynx Heli Field Rep
If I can switch out the receiver for Frsky I may consider buying one.
Mar 16, 2017, 08:59 AM
A few things pop out right away. The stronger 150mw VTX should be a nice boost over 25mw. The telemetry receiver is another nice touch. 7600kv motors on 3S sounds a bit much but we will see. Hopefully that isn't a recipe to burn up motors. Any spec on the 4in1 ESC? Sounds like it's not blheli_S but if not what chip is it running/multishot compatibile?

This is really close for me to ideal. With OSD coming fairly standard it would have been nice to see it included, but with telemetry to the Tx it's not a big deal. We will see how the camera does. If it's on par with the current batch of micro AIO cameras it should be fine. If it's on par with the older HH cameras it will need replaced. The rest sounds good and using betaflight instead of a proprietary software is a big plus.

It seems like a good middle ground between a bottom priced micro brushless quad from Banggood/Gearbest and a top tier priced micro like the Atom. Not quite the full spec list as the Atom but it comes BNF and with a good telemetry receiver for the Spektrum users. It's the perfect micro for a LHS to stock.

Edit: Did anyone else notice the modules being used on the goggles? I doubt they would market a competitors module especially with issues of killing the 5v regulators inside. It would seem Fatshark/Spektrum are coming out with their own LCD screened diversity module. Especially when all 3 pilots were using them. HH/Spektrum don't do free advertising for their competitors.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty over the crap flight times I get on the Inductrix so these much bigger batteries get me very excited.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:29 AM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaba4308
If I can switch out the receiver for Frsky I may consider buying one.
Same, it looks fun!
Latest blog entry: RunCam 3 - First Look
Mar 16, 2017, 09:37 AM
Foam is good.
I will gladly do the review Matt!
Mar 16, 2017, 10:10 AM
It's nice to see that they are giving a more accurate and true flight time specs. They state this product at 3-4 minutes, which is probably accurate. The kv (7600) number on the motors concerns me though especially with 3s. Too high.
Last edited by FLMIBrewer74; Mar 16, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
Mar 16, 2017, 10:22 AM
Do you think a buzzer could be added to this?
Mar 16, 2017, 10:33 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
I would like to see a picture of it right next to an Inductrix.......For size comparison.
Latest blog entry: Paint shaker!
Mar 16, 2017, 10:58 AM
Pre-ordered. Looks like a winner.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:11 AM
What's the price?

Edit: I missed the more info link- price is $199
Last edited by RNM75; Mar 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:16 AM
Watching the brushless get better. This looks pretty good but when is the Frsky version coming out? If that was avail then would consider buying one.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:35 AM

Funky looking drone

As a pilot who's been flying for less than a year and living in the UK with its rubbish weather the thought of a racing drone bigger than my tiny whoop but still small enough to fly indoors is a big plus. As with all blade drones the price is just a little too high for what you'd get in the box, and yes it will come pre tuned but like most people I would want to tweak the tuning to match my style of flying. I know that places like Banggood and Gearbest sell tiny indoor/outdoor drones that would perform just as well for much less and the only difference is they don't say Blade or Horizon Hobby on the side. I would love to review this drone from the perspective of a new pilot but it's just too expensive and I can't justify the cost over the fact I might not like how it performs. Granted, horizon have been honest about the short flight time unlike most manufacturers who state something grossly out of whack. So until I can justify the cost I'm afraid this drone won't be joining my ever growing fleet of aerial fun. Besides, I have my eyes set on a new Tararnis transmitter before I buy another drone.

And if the people at Horizon Hobby ever read this post they might consider joining forces with the team of geniuses who created FPV EVENT and create a simulator that will allow people like myself to try their fleet of drones virtually before purchasing themselves a drone they might not like and end up never flying thus turning it into a shelf sitter, just like the Diatone 150 I purchased just before Christmas and now don't fly because it's under powered even though I purchased everything that was recommended to build it. I guess that's just how things are and like I stated earlier over stated and under powered.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:44 AM
Subbed
Mar 16, 2017, 11:44 AM
Agree with sr175, Frsky user here, would it possible to hook up Frsky RX?