Mar 14, 2017, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Volantex RC V757-6 Ranger G2 1200mm Wingspan EPO KIT/PNP

PNP link: http://www.banggood.com/Volantex-RC-V757-6-V757-6-Ranger-G2-880mm-Wingspan-EPO-FPV-RCAirplane-Aircraft-PNP-p-1133817.html

KIT link:http://www.banggood.com/Volantex-RC-V757-6-V757-6-Ranger-G2-FPV-880mm-Wingspan-EPO-FPV-RC-Airplane-Aircraft-KIT-p-1133819.html

It seems to be a smaller, slightly redesigned V757-4 Ranger with presumably detachable screw secured wings.

PNP version description:

Description:
Brand name: Volantex
Item number: V757-6
Item name: Range G2
Wingspan: 1200m
Overall Length: 880mm
Material: EPO & Plastic
Motor Size: 2812/1400KV Brushless motor
Speed Control : Easy-Plug 20A brushless ESC
Servo: 9g Servo * 4pcs
Minimum Age Recommendation:14 years
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes

Required parts (not Included):
Recommended Battery: 11.1V 1800mAh Li-po Click here
Radio: 2.4Ghz 6-Channels Click here

Features:
* Bolt wing, easy to assemble
* Double landing gear
* Can aerial double head, small body, largecapacity
* First-person shooting Angle
* Huge size, lightsome body

Package Included:
1X Phoenix Evolution Airplane PNP
Last edited by D Gains; Mar 14, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2017, 05:28 PM
The overall length must be a typo. The huge 757-3 is only 1170mm long.
From the photos, I would guess the length to be about 600mm.
I like its smaller size. Hope the wings attach & detach easily and securely for easy transport. Price is good also.
Mar 15, 2017, 12:39 AM
KJ6BFN
Link is to a 880mm wingspan craft, not 1200mm as in thread title.
Mar 19, 2017, 11:34 PM
Looks like length and wingspan have been transposed in some material.
This is just about what I''m after for my first undercarriage plane ( all my others are belly landers). Wheels look a tad small but will wait for the first hands-on reviews. Interesting also that they put the elevator and rudder servos down the back rather than use wire rods but I guess this frees up space near the front for FPV gear.
Certainly one I'll be watching.

Cheers, David
Apr 19, 2017, 07:21 AM
I bought one and it's really nice, with a NTM28-26 1350kv on a 4S it is very powerful and flies very well, great as a trainer to get stick time and improve my flying skills.
Quite good build quality, even has plastic hinges in control surfaces, CG marks on the wings and bubble level to check CG!
The user manuel does not cover fuselage assembly and it took some time to figure it out before gluing.
It's a small plane/glider which has pros and cons, should be great for FPV (haven't tried yet). It's hard to get CG foward enough without FPV/camera gear, so ballast or huge battery (which is unnecessary) is required.
Apr 20, 2017, 02:54 AM
Thanks for this initial report. That's a fairly big motor and battery you're using - not sure if that is making the unloaded balance a problem. Where is the battery relative to CG?

Quite keen to get something with wheels and this seems a good price for a mid sized plane.

Cheers,
David
Apr 21, 2017, 02:47 AM
Here is a video shot yesterday with a GoPro Hero 5:
https://youtu.be/O2rbUHhLxm8?t=15s

I forgot to mention that the wings clip in the fuselage (easy in and out but stays in place no risk to loos them if you make sure they're properly clipped), no need to screw, too bad the stabilizers are attached with 2 screws.
I think the main issue with CG is that it can fly with the standard canopy or a specific one that you can attach a GoPro on, so without camera, 1400mAh battery completely to the front, you need extra weight in the nose to balance it, and with a camera you need to set the battery very aft in the compartment, still manageable though.
Usually manufacturers are conservative with CG and the one they suggest is quite stable, for this place I thing it is close to neutral so expecting I had some margin was my mistake.
Don't use the extra gear on grass, it can take off and land without anyway, maybe it'd be nice to add wing tip skids to takeoff and land on hard surfaces.

BTW banggood has increased the price of the kit, probably better to buy the PNP for an extra $10 and replace components if need be.
Apr 21, 2017, 05:07 AM
@Number 06 - I really like the overlay of the flight data over the video. What autopilot / gps do you use and what is the procedure?
Can you please give some more details?
Regards
Last edited by paultbg; Apr 21, 2017 at 05:08 AM. Reason: .
Apr 21, 2017, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
@Number 06 - I really like the overlay of the flight data over the video. What autopilot / gps do you use and what is the procedure?
Can you please give some more details?
Regards
Looks like something you can do with GoPro Hero 5.
Apr 21, 2017, 06:58 AM
Even then the gopro needs to receive the telemetry data from some kind of autopilot in order to overlay them on the video...
Apr 21, 2017, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
Even then the gopro needs to receive the telemetry data from some kind of autopilot in order to overlay them on the video...
GPS in the Hero 5 will do all of that.
Apr 21, 2017, 07:45 AM
you're right, it looks like I need to buy a new camera... :-)
Apr 21, 2017, 07:49 AM
Yep, H5 + Quik (GoPro SW), that's it.
May 28, 2017, 01:27 PM
I have a bunch of pictures and videos to post, but today one of the wing locks broke and I cannot figure out a reliable way to lock the wings.
May 28, 2017, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 06
I have a bunch of pictures and videos to post, but today one of the wing locks broke and I cannot figure out a reliable way to lock the wings.
My wing locks came off center and one of the wings will not lock as a result. I suggest just gluing the wings in place.

Quick Reply