Mar 14, 2017, 07:16 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18
Nice work!
Mar 14, 2017, 09:33 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
I like that, very cool ,
Mar 14, 2017, 09:54 PM
Gravity sucks.
Never been more frustrated with a single piece of software as I am trying to get the spma 3060 to work. 3 hours and all i have is frustration. Ready to take a hammer to all the umx stuff....
Last edited by mrittinger; Mar 15, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Mar 14, 2017, 11:18 PM
And thought I was frustrated, getting a mix to work to add an external ESC, when an AR6400BL fet burned out. I can understand the frustration, as I'm not a radio/techie type.
BTW, it looks like you have the same several degrees of nacelle downthrust, that worked really well for me also.

Well we can still mess with the crowd that's waiting for Horizon to come out with one of these.
Mar 15, 2017, 12:32 PM
Gravity sucks.
Yeah, but Im flying with the ele gyro compensating the wrong way.

Did I ever mention how much I hate gyros and AS3X?

Oh, motor efflux tubes pretty much at zero.
Mar 15, 2017, 02:46 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Looks great Mark!!! Nice work!
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Mar 15, 2017, 03:05 PM
Gravity sucks.
Thx
Mar 15, 2017, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrittinger
Yeah, but Im flying with the ele gyro compensating the wrong way.

Did I ever mention how much I hate gyros and AS3X?

Oh, motor efflux tubes pretty much at zero.
That's gotta be a bit difficult. Doesn't seem like they've made this gear practical for projects, if the programming isn't straightforward. You're pretty much stuck to using the same orientation of the ARF that it was manufactured for. Not a fan of gyros/stabilization either. People either need to learn to fly micros, or make them fly better. With the A10, it's probably the former, where they're trying to give the masses a chance of returning these in one piece, who haven't put their time in, building and flying for years. I flew a 30mm A10 years ago with an elevator servo with terrible resolution. Reminds me of your reverse compensation issue. Probably the best roller coaster save after a ROG takeoff I ever had. Once trimmed, it was perfect. Just don't touch the elevator.
Mar 15, 2017, 09:29 PM
Gravity sucks.
OK, I made SOME progress.

I managed to get the software to load. I also managed to get the software to work ( I think) on a DIFFERENT RX. It seems to open on the AR6410NBL. I'm just happy to get it this far!
I'll try tomorrow on the A10 board. I don't wanna get any more pissed if it wont load.
I was able to reverse the ele servo using a UMX linear servo reverser, so now the gyro goes the correct way at least.
Thats another wierd piece....not like an old reverser you put inline and it reverses the sig. Nope, that makes too much sense lol This one you plug in, and it beeps....every beep is a reversal! So, you have to plug it in, get one beep and unplug or it'll go right back to normal....you can't make this stuff up hahahahaha
Mar 15, 2017, 09:30 PM
Gravity sucks.
Anti, nice A10, and yes, I agree....gyros are band aids. Never use them. Fix the airframe, or learn to fly it.
Mar 16, 2017, 11:15 AM
Gravity sucks.
Progress.
Was able to finally get the spma 3060 to work...on a different rx. 6410nbl
I reversed the ele servo using patch cable from Horizon. Its an odd piece. Goes between rx and servo, but, you have to unplug it after one " beep" or it just keeps flipping back and forth between standard and reversed ( of course, no instructions in pkg or online)
So, now the gyro is going the right way since the reverser only changes servo and not gyro.
Tonight Ill try the 3060 on the A10 board in the 262.
Some ppl report the settings are locked...we'll see.

At least Im making progress!
Mar 16, 2017, 05:12 PM
Gotta love stuff like that. I just got some small GP 30mm fans for a project. Not as difficult to figure out as the Spektrum reverser, with no mention of the beep toggling. Still took a few minutes to realize that the stock ESCs require EPA calibration. Looked up Great Planes micro F86 sabre EPA endpoint calibration and didn't see it anywhere. Maybe with their Tactic system, the settings are saved, but I discovered that I needed to perform the EPA procedure on subsequent power ups.