Mar 13, 2017, 10:53 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Rush VTX 25/200/500mw $27 Stackable

**official version**

We have noticed clones on bangood, be wary and do not buy the clones. Support the hard work of the creator's Starpower directly here.

The newest Rush VTX by Star Power is specifically designed for racing.
Why is it so awesome? You can change channels and power while being in PIT mode so your not interfering with anyone else.
The slimline MMCX connector makes it easy to mount and releases the pressure off the coax cable.

How to mount it? Stack it on top of your PDB/FC because it has a 30.5x30.5 mount solution.

Everyone uses on board microphones now, and with noise cancelling on board you get a clean sound coming through to hear every bit of your power throttling to get you through the track faster than anyone else.

Clean power and band narrowing.
The Rush VTX uses an on board LC filter that can take up to 25 volts!
The bandwith it uses has also been narrowed to 20mhz meaning you wont bleed your channel onto others.

Specs:
5.8ghz, 25/200/500mw power output with PIT mode.
On board mic with noise cancelling
TOUGH MMCX connector to SMA
On board power filter for clean video
30.5x30.5 mounting holes
25V input
40 Channels
6.8 Grams weight

https://www.undergroundfpv.com/produ...nt=34124403460

Found it on bangood but found this on underground fpv so perhaps bangood is clone?. Their website seems to be down, but the stats look good. Has anyone tried it? I really like the mmcx over the ipex(had bad luck with them breaking) and ive only seen a few stacking vtx's, what do you thingk?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2017, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
One is in the mail. I got to say so far I am really impressed with underground fpv. The ceo was happy to email me and answered several questions. They seem live a great company to do busness with. Anyway I have a rush in the mail, and I am excited to put this thing through the ringer. its a very promising vtx.
Mar 21, 2017, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Just got it in the mail and installed on the quad-copter.

First impressions, it only comes with one jst pigtail with a jst to fit a run-cam or similar camera, the vtx dose not regulate or filter power to the camera like other vtx.
Other than that, so far I love it. The frequency low interference works well, my auto scan on the goggles only picks up the channel i'm using, the Tramp never did that.
I really really really like the mmcx,its way stronger than ipex and its not much bigger. i do wish the pigtail had a straight connection, but Its proven difficult to find a straight mmcx to right angle rpsma. The range is rock solid at least my fsi6s drops out before the video even gets fuzzy, and that was with the included duckie style antenna with a skew planer on my goggles and the vtx on 25mw. Similar with the tramp, I even flew a whole batt with my tramp and i forgot to install the antenna lol.

Would i recommend it to a friend? you bet! I lost two weeks of flying due to a few broken ipex connections. Its rock solid connection and easy mw swiching makes it well worth the extra over the elcheapo vtx. and its half the price of similar vtx, and it fits nicely in a stack. What more can you ask for?
Ps: I bough mine from Underground fpv, rush has confirmed the bangood one is a clone! why pay full price for a clone?
Mar 22, 2017, 05:44 AM
i ordered from underground fpv as well and still waiting. I ordered on 7th after reading that clone was on banggood. I am excited to see how this guy performs and intend to hook it up to a monster v1 cam and omnibus f4.

i hope that it really does filter the power though as that was a big selling point for me actually. picked this up over the Diatone SP3 vtx/osd combo (didnt need the osd). currently I am using an aomway vtx and its not really that impressive.
Mar 22, 2017, 08:27 AM
Sounds great. I ordered mine and am waiting. I did ask for an extra Power Cable and Antenna Cable.

They ordered some up and they are now on the Underground site. These guys are super fast to respond. Answer every question directly and clear.

I am glad it has the extra voltage to the camera, that is a bonus to me. The stupid 5V output from most VTXs is not 5V and I have run into issues.
Mar 22, 2017, 03:15 PM
it actually came in today after i posted earlier. I messaged underground fpv and asked a few questions too.

quick run down testing on the bench:

1st) as shipped, no filtered power supply for the camera. out of the box it ties the board input power to camera power. so if you power the VTX off a battery (which will work for the VTX on 2s-6s), the camera sees vbat too. I have underground fpv looking into getting access to the on board filtered power, which underground fpv said should be 5V for the camera.

2nd)
the cables that were shipped demonstrated a very troubling issue: they crimped 2 wires into 1 jst connector pin. This is what ties camera ground to input ground and V_input to V_camera. with small wiring its not uncommon to see these crimps fail. Wouldnt you know a few times plugging this in and out of the quad today as i finished the build and the camera power wire pulled clean out of the crimped pin. i am using a pdb's 12V output to power the VTX, so just used another 12V pin on the PDB for camera.

3) the leds are great for telling VTX power and 8 segment display is great for setting the band and channel (confirms current change as you cycle). 8 segment also tells you actual frequency.

4) pit mode definitely works. if you are diligent, set the VTX power to pit mode before you unplug the battery. it will restart remembering its in pit mode. this way the second you turn the quad on for any reason, the VTX wont be blasting.

5) cant confirm or deny how it attenuates adjacent frequencies to the desired output frequency. Rush says the filtering should make for less interference as they "focused on suppressing the transmitted harmonics of the VTX". old Eachine goggles one do not let me see what frequency i actually on. that said, there were times where i knew it was on an adjacent band as i had some picture, but very poor (discolored on rolling picture) as i let the goggles scan. and even knowing what channel the goggles were on, i dont have equipment to start doing any analysis to how it compare to the aomway i have.

6)good output even at 25mW with the provided mini whip antenna. still need to do a range check with it and see how it performs

7)output was better than aomway imo, but i dont have a dvr set up to prove that.

8)per underground fpv, the other pins functions may be updated later. an external mic port (wonder if it will run thru the filter that the rush has), and the other is intended for alternate way to change frequency. if it can do that, it be a real winner at the price point and modular fit.

overall its pretty nice, and underground FPV is great to work with. if they can deliver the a clean 5V for the camera, and implement the control pin, this could be a really be a great little unit, especially for the cost. would like to one day pair it up with a clearview to see how it really performs, but so far so good.
Mar 26, 2017, 05:20 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the post! I can attest for the strenth of the 2 wires crimped into one. I was working on my fc today and knowcked it off the bench and the camera wire got hooked and it riped the wire intwo crimp held. Let us know about the regulated cam power that was a dower for me, i would hat to blow up a cam. cheers.
Mar 29, 2017, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Mine blew up today, not sure what happed im trying to prvide as much info to rush as i can so they can fix it but again I am so very impressed with underground fpv. I told them what was happening and the sent me another no questions asked. It is truely a costomer satifiction grade company. A+++++
Mar 30, 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHBRIGHT3
it actually came in today after i posted earlier. I messaged underground fpv and asked a few questions too.

the cables that were shipped demonstrated a very troubling issue: they crimped 2 wires into 1 jst connector pin. This is what ties camera ground to input ground and V_input to V_camera. with small wiring its not uncommon to see these crimps fail. Wouldnt you know a few times plugging this in and out of the quad today as i finished the build and the camera power wire pulled clean out of the crimped pin. i am using a pdb's 12V output to power the VTX, so just used another 12V pin on the PDB for camera.
I just had this connector basically fall apart as I was installing it. Good thing I had another 5 pin JST. They should have spent less money on the packaging and more on QC.
Mar 30, 2017, 12:25 PM
So is it just a standard 4S JST connector that fits or is it one of the gh ones. Mine should be here tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andalogstick
I just had this connector basically fall apart as I was installing it. Good thing I had another 5 pin JST. They should have spent less money on the packaging and more on QC.
Apr 01, 2017, 10:49 PM
Thread OP
Its smaller the the balence port ones. I know that. ask underground fpv

Underground told me the other 2 pins were for 5v cam output in version 1.2 is relaced in the nex few weeks.
May 08, 2017, 09:42 AM
Will fly for food.
Does this VTX support SmartAudio so we can make adjustments from the Taranis?
Jun 25, 2017, 03:35 AM

Banggood is original

The one on Banggood or original! So dont spread fake news!!!
Jul 21, 2017, 12:55 AM
Banggood one,
no screws and no antenna like specified in manual.

Rush VTX V1.1 5.8G 40CH 25MW 200MW 500MW Switchable Racing AV Transmitter Tramp HV alternative (4 min 46 sec)

https://www.banggood.com/Rush-VTX-V1-5_8G-40CH-25MW-200MW-500MW-Switchable-Racing-AV-Transmitter-for-Flytower-p-1130598.html
Last edited by srepfler; Jul 21, 2017 at 01:33 AM.
Aug 22, 2017, 12:22 PM
I ordered my Rush vtx from UndergroundFpv just over two weeks ago,tracking number is invalid,and Fpvunderground says it's on it's way.I ordered the Panda from Banggood and got it in a week so i probably won't buy from UndergroundFpv again.
Last edited by Kauaiguy; Aug 31, 2017 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply