LED wiring help needed. - RC Groups
Mar 13, 2017, 03:52 PM
Help!

LED wiring help needed.

Trying to build my first night flyer. Appreciate any suggestion to improve my ideas. The LED strips I have takes 12V

1) thinking about tapping power from the balance plug.
2) need split the power 3 ways with some sort of Y cable. prefer something that's ready-made and cheap.
3) prefer small connectors, either JST or the 2-pin servo connector in this picture: //depot/SBA/users/lteswint/ebf/mpl/BF-ENG-qc-ard-MPSS.AT.2.5-00086-8998_GEN_TEST-1
4) location of LED strips: thinking one each below left/right wing, and another one below fuse. unsure if that's enough when I get plane inverted.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2017, 09:52 PM
If you are using a 3s lipo tapping into the balance connector will work. That's how I am going to power my lights on my puddlestar. I cut slits in the wings and elevator and inserted the led strips in so they can be seen from both sides. I inserted one in the vertical stab so I'll know which way is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesd
Trying to build my first night flyer. Appreciate any suggestion to improve my ideas. The LED strips I have takes 12V

2) need split the power 3 ways with some sort of Y cable. prefer something that's ready-made and cheap.
3) prefer small connectors, either JST or the 2-pin servo connector in this picture: //depot/SBA/users/lteswint/ebf/mpl/BF-ENG-qc-ard-MPSS.AT.2.5-00086-8998_GEN_TEST-1
4) location of LED strips: thinking one each below left/right wing, and another one below fuse. unsure if that's enough when I get plane inverted.
Apr 14, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesd

I've tapped into the main power lead in between batt and esc, just a short xt60 to xt60 with black t-connector wired off. That connects to one of these:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-3_...l?rmmds=search

The various led strips then terminate in these:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...l?rmmds=search

Most recently I've had the led strips inside the fuse and buried in the wing, it makes the plane almost glow.

The most striking way for me was to add led strips to the top and bottom of the wings in a v-shape. Very visible in flight and easy to orientate with different colours used top and bottom.