TnT Landing Gear, West Michigan Park Flyers, and RCGroups Bring You the Toledo Indoor - RC Groups

TnT Landing Gear, West Michigan Park Flyers, and RCGroups Bring You the Toledo Indoor

After a day of looking at cool RC gear at the Toledo Trade show be sure to take advantage of some indoor flying. RCGroups is helping to foot the bill so it is free to enter! TnT Landing Gear and West Michigan Park Flyers are doing the hard work to bring you this venue!

TNT Landing Gear and RCGroups Indoor Fly In Toledo

RCGroups.com and TNT Landing Gear Host FREE Indoor Flying at Toledo!

Hey everyone! RCGroups is excited to be the sponsor of the Addicted to Foamies Anonymous (AFA) indoor Fly In. After you tour the goods at the Toledo Trade Show be sure to drive over and fly some foamies! RCGroups is footing the bill so you don't have to pay anything a the door! Tom Kroggle tells us all about it...

From Tom Kroggel of TNT Landing Gear

Well all my R/C pilot friends, itís that time of year when our thoughts turn to Spring and the Toledo Expo and some indoor group therapy flying. This year at the Toledo Expo RCGroups.com & TnT Landing Gear & West Michigan Park Flyers present ďAddicted to Foamies Anonymous (AFA) Indoor Fly In."

The venue is just 20 minutes from the Seagate convention center. An easy four line highway route takes you to the spot where all your flying buds will be gathering. If you have the kids along for the evening maybe fly for a bit and then let them go jump on some trampolines because Skyzone is on the same lot. Yep huge indoor trampoline park for mainly the young at heart.

You ask how much are the tickets or whatís the fee to fly or just come out to watch? Good thing is I was just to lazy to print or sell tickets so itís all free. WHAT FREE!!!!!!!! Yes folks no charge to get in, no pilot fee no limit to the amount of airplanes. All free.

Whatís the catch? Well, we would like you to buy raffle tickets because that money all goes to the lady that owns the building for allowing us to have our foam therapy session for two nights. Itís a win, win for the pilot or spectator. Money goes to help pay for the fun you have for use of the facility and you get a great chance to win a cool prize.

Times and Dates

• April 6th and April 7th
  • That is a Thursday night for all you coming early to the show and Friday night.
  • The times are from 6:00 PM until 11:00 PM both nights.

Thursday night might be a good chance to see many vendors flying after their day of set up and Friday we will be rockin with our DJ who will be there both nights.

The Venue

The venue is a building that has five volleyball courts all winter long for high school girls programs. When the nets come down then we take over and have some wide open flying space. It is 80í x 200í with a 35í ceiling. Now I know there are other larger places but not many we can use in Toledo. And the best part for you is, itís FREE!!!

This facility is home to the TnT Landing Gear indoor winter flying every other Saturday night December through April, so we know the place works for our therapy sessions. The venue provides us with tables and chairs and they have small bleacher sections. You may still want to bring a camp chair as the chairs go fast. We will provide charging gang plugs.

Flying Areas

The flying will be divided into areas the best we can. We like to keep quads at one end and 3D foamies at the other. We are trying to get a FPV quad course set up for those FPV pilots. If we have enough scale and micro pilots we will have time slots set for them for 20 minute time frame. So we encourage pilots to bring their scale and micro indoor flyers. Just check in at the DJ table and tell us you have a micro or two or scale and if we have enough sign up the floor will be yours for 20 minutes.

Fly With Us!

Thatís about it so just bring something to fly when you come to the Toledo Expo this year. Come out and fly with us at the Addicted to Foamies Anonymous (AFA) Indoor Fly In. Hope to see many of you there.

Tom Kroggel TnT Landing Gear Products

Mar 13, 2017, 05:12 PM
Is this also going to be where the drone racing will be? Some comments have been the racing will be in the main exhibition hall??
Mar 13, 2017, 05:23 PM
Administrator
This is at another location -
1590 Albon Road
Holland, Ohio 43528
Mar 13, 2017, 05:37 PM
Yes, But where is the drone racing going to be held? In Holland, OH. or at Seagate?
Mar 13, 2017, 05:43 PM
Administrator
I have heard it's in the Seagate.
Mar 13, 2017, 06:30 PM
The drones will be at Seagate and open flying in the evening after the show is in Holland. We could not have open flying and the racing drones at the same venue. The people flying the drones are semi pros that travel across the country to do this. So it is not just "Joe Public" flying the drones. For the public we're offering the (AFA) event in Holland. This is a FREE event thanks to RC Groups.com
Mar 13, 2017, 07:03 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Schweeeeet
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Mar 14, 2017, 07:10 AM
God is Good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Schweeeeet
Will you be there?
Mar 17, 2017, 08:48 AM

Etoc

Is the ETOC a thing of the past?
Mar 17, 2017, 09:14 AM
ETOC at this time will not happen. We have a large interest with people who want to open fly.
Mar 18, 2017, 08:33 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot

Excellent!!!

Thanks a lot Guys for putting this together - I hope it will turn out terrific for all and it will be a annual event again, sure miss the ETOC a lot...

I'll be only there on Saturday and will have to miss the fun

Blue Skies!
Andreas
Mar 28, 2017, 03:20 PM
Addicted to Foamies Anonymous (AFA)

RULES

1. Have fun and buy raffle tickets that is what helps pay for the building. Event to fly is FREE!!!

2. Large models must be pre-approved by event directors. All aircraft, of any kind: Maximum weight 16 oz. w/battery. Aircraft motor size 12 amps/3 cell brushless.
Multirotors: Max 250 size. (Helis 14” Main rotor 8 oz. Quads: Max 7” blades)

3. Pilots: Stand behind the designated flight line. NO flying behind the flight line.

4. We will have a area for 3D and a area for slow flyers and quads. Please use them. Fly in a race track pattern counter clockwise.

5. If we have enough sign up with “scale” and “micro” we will allow a 20 minute window for just that class using the whole venue. How many time slots will depend on the number of pilots with those type of aircraft.

6. FPV: Before flying please get a frequency pin. Do not turn on until you have the pin. FPV flying will remain against the far wall on the North side of the building as to avoid other flying.

7. Use sand buckets for any lipo problems.

(Would like to thank Mark Stermer and the help of the NEFF group for the use of some of the rules.)
Apr 03, 2017, 05:02 PM
~Ken Shaffer
I'm planning on being there Friday night

See yah there!
Apr 03, 2017, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakratt76
I'm planning on being there Friday night

See yah there!
Thanks Ken. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Apr 05, 2017, 08:35 AM
God is Good
Looks like I will be able to make it to the indoor!

Tristen