Dx6e Transmitter setup - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by UpNup, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 13, 2017, 08:56 AM
Who are these that fly?
Discussion

Dx6e Transmitter setup

The Dx6e Transmitter is my first real Tx. Programming it seemed a snap until it turned into more of a treasure hunt.
Although this is specifically for the Parkzone Sport Cub S2 BNF, I believe many of these "treasures" will relate to other planes, too.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a newbie, so if you have any suggestions or corrections, please let me know. All I know is that these settings work for me.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2017, 05:27 PM
Not sure about the DX6e as I use DX7, but you should be able to use throttle cut( I see it in the menu screenshots though) instead of the rubber band. Set up one of the two way switches for throttle cut. Flipping it will disable throttle to avoid any accidents. I do this on all my models.
Mar 18, 2017, 01:42 PM
Who are these that fly?

Throttle Cut on Dx6e

Thank you for the suggestion of using Throttle cut!
Mar 25, 2017, 03:49 PM
Who are these that fly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadaSauce
Not sure about the DX6e as I use DX7, but you should be able to use throttle cut( I see it in the menu screenshots though) instead of the rubber band. Set up one of the two way switches for throttle cut. Flipping it will disable throttle to avoid any accidents. I do this on all my models.
DadaSauce, I set the Throttle Cut and it treats my electrics as if they're gas and go deadstick. I have to unplug the battery and turn the DX6e off and on before I can throttle up again. Is that what you do? Normal? With electrics, I should be able to just Throttle up anytime, right?
Mar 26, 2017, 08:53 PM
If you flip the switch mid flight it will kill your motor and you will go dead stick. I use that switch as another pre-flight safety level, just to avoid chopping myself if I accidentally hit the throttle. I however have never done it mid flight though.

Not sure how you set it up that it requires to unplug everything to get it back to work. Can you take a few photos and upload them here? I'm curious why this is happening.

One more thing: Are you flipping the switch when throttle is up? Try it on the ground and see what happens: throttle up, flip the switch to kill the motor, flip it back and see if the motor revs up again. If not, roll the throttle all the way down and up again to see what happens. Make sure the plane is harnessed and stay clear of the prop.

Maybe the ESC you are using does not allow sudden increases in throttle as a safety?

Hope this help!
Mar 30, 2017, 10:08 PM
Who are these that fly?
I do not use Throttle Cut st all. And I'm flying electrics. One that effect kicks in, you'll fly desdstick. A no brainer.
Last edited by UpNup; Jun 27, 2017 at 12:34 PM.
Mar 31, 2017, 08:24 AM
Same here. I had high hopes for this weekend to maiden a model but we are supposed to get a winter storm starting today stretching all the way to tomorrow afternoon, with 4-8 inches of accumulation.
Maybe putting on skis and beat snow??