SAB Helidivision - Mini Comet/Fireball - RC Groups

SAB Helidivision - Mini Comet/Fireball

The engineers have figured out a way to run a smaller machine in a direct drive configuration. This of course decreases the overall parts count, and changes the type of motor used with this system.

Splash

The Goblin Fireball design is a new concept and ready for the masses.

There is yet to be a tremendous amount of information on the newest release from SAB Helidivision, but I can say they have been working on this new project for some time with testing and refining this innovation. SAB has changed the way we look at helicopters again. The engineers have figured out a way to run a smaller machine in a direct drive configuration. This of course decreases the overall parts count, and changes the type of motor used with this system.

Two questions I personally have are how did they figure out the one way bearing to the main shaft from the motor, and also the motor itself and what they came up with that can handle the high head speeds and still produce the power needed that is normally achieved with the help from a gear drive system.

Based on the photos, I can see they have already figured out the electronics needed to finish up the kits, and hopefully they will have some sort of super combo that includes everything you need to get the kit running.

There is minimal differences between the Mini Comet and the Fireball at this point except the Fireball will have a polycarbonate canopy where the Mini Comet will include the full body aerodynamic carbon canopy. We really won't know the differences they have between the two helicopters or even the price for a while yet, but you can expect these to be released sometime this year, if not in the next couple of months. It looks like I may need to clear a very small space in my workshop, and cut a few tree limbs in the back yard.

For more information when it's released click here.

Mar 15, 2017, 02:55 PM
The article is missing one important detail - the release date No additional information on SAB website too, nothing at all about those mini copters.
Mar 15, 2017, 07:49 PM
Crashing regularly since 2013
Worth a watch:

Rotor Live - Goblin Fireball presentation (english & deutsch) (11 min 58 sec)
Mar 15, 2017, 11:59 PM
that's a very cool consept , want one ... hoping the price will be some what affordable ...
Mar 16, 2017, 09:00 AM
299 euro for the Fireball-kit with motor only
399 euro fireball-combo(motor+esc+servos)

Rumour from helifreak.
Mar 16, 2017, 09:09 AM
Crashing regularly since 2013
What are these Euros of which you speak?
Mar 21, 2017, 09:34 PM
Oh the 250 sized heli. The holy grail of finicky, vibration ridden, screw loosening, tail-wagging goodness. Everyone buys one dreaming of piro flips in the backyard but settles for a few flips in the same field they fly their 500 sized heli. Almost immediately it's up for sale at a 75% loss to the original buyer....

With that said this thing looks awesome and me wants.
A big ass main shaft and spindle? Direct drive motor? access to servos and parts without removing other parts? Awesome. Why are we just seeing this now?
This should be a huge hit!!

Mar 21, 2017, 09:45 PM
Corning, California
If it flies anything like the G380 it will fly awesome. I'm gonna wait and read first
Mar 22, 2017, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914
Oh the 250 sized heli. The holy grail of finicky, vibration ridden, screw loosening, tail-wagging goodness. Everyone buys one dreaming of piro flips in the backyard but settles for a few flips in the same field they fly their 500 sized heli. Almost immediately it's up for sale at a 75% loss to the original buyer....
Best description of the T-Rex 250 ever!
Apr 02, 2017, 12:51 AM
Guy's...

So, ...direct drive to the main rotor? What's the size and KV on that "little bigg" motor?
And, the outrunner actualy doubles and acts as a pully to run the belt?

Damn !!!

I WANT ONE !!!
Apr 03, 2017, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
I WILL SHOW YOU SOME HALF PIRO FLIPS!

once i figure out why the tail doesnt like the wind, and why it likes to give some up elevator if i do a fast roll to the right.....
Apr 05, 2017, 07:21 AM
Zippy Puffer
I read that it doesn't have a OWB.
Apr 05, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs
I read that it doesn't have a OWB.
Its driven direct from the main motor i think.
Apr 05, 2017, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky
the smaller helis in general are harder to keep in small spaces in general anyway. but yes vibrations tail issues amongst other things......
Apr 05, 2017, 07:23 PM
Zippy Puffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
Its driven direct from the main motor i think.
I know, but many people thought it had an OWB. Small helis don't auto very well, so things like Trex 250's don't have OWB's either.