This thread is privately moderated by Clickety, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2017, 02:58 PM
What goes up...
Inspirational and exceptional design and instructions as always!
My only concern for the pusher tv mechanism is the long moment arm. I made a yoke arrangement on my SU35 so the pivot axis was through the body of the motor. It's stood up to the abuse of prop/ground strikes ok, now just in process of shifting thrust line 2" higher with the printed mount adapters.
May 07, 2017, 02:33 AM
Isaiah 40:31
Thread OP
Hi Twisted Wings, I love your TV mount, well made and considered - aluminium plate?... I would prefer this type of mech, as it takes the load of the servo. The reason I did it the way I did was to keep the construction simple for those without 3d printers. I built a Shumate Raptor with a similar throw and it worked ok, although the servo made a noise all the time when on the ground..

It would be easy enough to make on for a 3dprinter though... hmmm... maybe on the next tv project.

Thanks for the compliments
Jul 21, 2017, 04:41 PM
What goes up...
Shall we begin...?
Jul 22, 2017, 05:42 AM
Thread OP
Woo hoo!
Jul 22, 2017, 02:30 PM
What goes up...
kit of parts cut, 3d printer dry bearings screeching in the background.....
Gotta love the smell of napalm contact adhesive on an evening....
Jul 22, 2017, 05:14 PM
Craig thanks for this plan.I made this one and here is some pictures after maiden fligt.This plane powered with 1400kv motor,20A esc,2200mah 25C Zippy Compact battery.No thrust vectoring because i just want to test this frame.Next one will be build with edf 64mm motors(need to fit plan to 130%).Mig is a good flying model,no problems...Greetings from Serbia...
Jul 23, 2017, 12:59 AM
Thread OP
Superb job trivajuve! I haven't had the chance to test my design out as I'm in a difficult situation in life. I'm so pleased that you have built it and you are happy with it's flying performance! I'll re-post your pictures on my Facebook group! If you like Russian jets, have you tried my Berkut, or T-50 Pak-Fa?

Twisted wings, you are making good progress! are you listening to 'Ride of the Valkyries' by any chance?
Jul 23, 2017, 09:28 AM
Thanks Craig!Probably in the future i will made T-50(according to your plans).I am 43 years old and i got problems with spare time too.But i believe su-50 will be ower in the and of autumn.I made su-47 already before, using some plans from this RC group(https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...khoi-47-Berkut).
Su-47 is amasing plane model,very maneuverabile.
Last edited by trivajuve; Jul 23, 2017 at 03:48 PM.
Jul 23, 2017, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Great stuff! You made an excellent Berkut too! I'm so pleased!
Jul 25, 2017, 05:11 PM
Thanks Craig!Two days ago i was to fly Mig again..now all was finally tuned...you will enjoy flying when you make it-for sure...
Jul 26, 2017, 01:00 PM
What goes up...
Trivajuve, where has your CofG settled? As per Clickety's plans? Any flight video?
It certainly has captured the Migs lines in the flesh
Jul 26, 2017, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Wonderful! Can you let us know the final cg and elevator / aileron throws?
Jul 26, 2017, 04:42 PM
Thread OP
Video would be fantastic if you have any!
Jul 27, 2017, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, no video for now.As regards final cg and elevator / aileron throws,here is advice without precision measurement.Mig is to sensitive on ailerons and need a little bigger throw on elevator.Inportant thing is CG.My Mig is 115% of plan but after measuring that it is in relation to original CG,it was noseheavy using original point.Not much,I managed to correct it with trim button during the maiden flight.If you like high-alfa,hummerhead and flat turns,my recommendation is to make rudders...this model will bi much more better and more fun you can get...

Quick Reply