Mar 12, 2017, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Hubsan H109S X4 PRO Unboxing, GPS Hold Test, FPV Test, RTH Test, Gimbal Test & Review

There are many people who are looking for a great camera drone at the best price, today i am writing you to show one delevoped by the manufacturer Hubsan, it is the model H109S X4 PRO, one of the cheapest drone in the market equipped with gimbal. It is distributed in two versions: High Edition (Equipped with 3-axis gimbal) and Standard Edition (Provided with 1-axis gimbal). The version that I'm about to review is the Standard Edition, performant and very stable in flight, with an excellent photo quality, as you can see in the gallery. I leave you to unboxing and the review of the drone, with the relevant tests.. Enjoy the reading!

Unboxing & Review

The product, well packaged, was shipped with DHL courier and took 72 hours to reach destination.

Never seen such a large box, I had to stand on a chair to take pictures of the unboxing

1080P FULL HD 3MP Camera and 1-axis gimbal are well protected to avoid any damage during the carriage, as you can see below. They are already mounted in the drone.

Once out of the box, it looks like this.

Detailed photo of the camera

The battery is housed in the compartment.

The connector for the mounting of the FPV antenna is male, as can be seen below.

The motors are brushless, they guarantee a better performance, more power and life than usual brushed motors.

Brushless Motor

The included high performance battery is a 7000mAh 11.1V 25C 77.7 Wh Li-Po, that can provide about 22 minutes of flight-time. The connector is not proprietary, so it can be charged through other chargers. I does not recommend this, in that the charger included is of high quality in itself. Its package, as the charger, is very compact and professional looking. I never seen until now a charger of a similar quality included together with the drone. It has Reverse-Polarity Protection and Short Circuit Protection, nice features that i cannot help but appreciate. It can charge from 1S to 3S batteries.

Battery connector

Charger

Transformer

I tested it, it works perfectly. Leds shows how many cells are charging.

The transmitter package is separated from that of the drone.

As the H109S, The transmitter into the box is well protected..

The H906A Transmitter is the same of that of H501S advanced. I noticed just some differences in the GUI and in the dice of the antenna, not ermined in rubber. It doesn't have GPS built in, so the follow me feature is absent, as the headless mode. It displays in the screen the coordinates of the drone, and can impart to it the RTH command through the appropriate lever. The T2 knob can adjust the inclination of the gimbal. The USB included allows to update the transmitter and the drone.

FPV Antenna

USB Cable

The choice of adding a gimbal that supports the phone turned out to be really interesting.

Last edited by maninblack; Mar 12, 2017 at 02:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2017, 09:19 AM
Thread OP

The instructions are well-groomed, contained in a very clean and tidy box.

The props of 23 cm of size are self tightening, rigid and flexible at the same time.

The propeller-guards are fixable by means of appropriate screws.

Here there are general pictures of all the accessories and the drone.

Hubsan H109S X4 PRO Return To Home test (1 min 4 sec)

Hubsan H109S X4 PRO GPS Hold Test (1 min 11 sec)

Hubsan H109S X4 PRO Gimbal Test (0 min 48 sec)

Hubsan H109S X4 PRO FPV Broadcast Test (0 min 26 sec)

Do you want to see photos in flight? Take a look to the gallery below

Thanks for reading guys, hope you liked the review. For any question feel free to ask to me, i will be glad to help you .
Happy flight!!!

Link to H109S Pro Edition: H109S Pro Edition [18% OFF through the coupon code: RC18OFF]

Link to H109S Standard Edition: H109S Standard Edition [FLASHSALE!! 61% OFF, Just $329.99]

New Lighting Flashsale, many interesting products are now in sale for a limited time!
Last edited by maninblack; May 10, 2017 at 09:49 AM.
Mar 12, 2017, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Reserved

Quick Reply