3-8-17 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2017, 05:47 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Discussion

3-8-17

I can’t believe it’s been so long since I posted an entry to the blog. Wow, 4 months. As an excuse, I can safely say the weather has been too wet, windy or overcast for good flying.
Poh talked me into going down to Tullahoma for some winching and electric flying on Wednesday.
I really wasn’t prepared. My JR XP9303 had been repaired by Horizon (Horizon found a failed cell in the transmitter pack). Unfortunately, I had no memory backups and all the model setups were lost.
Since I didn’t have a radio programmed for my thermal planes I was forced to go the “all electric” route. That night I hurriedly setup my Radian “camera plane” on my old Vision transmitter and performed the “mods” that make a Radian competitive. I. E. elevator decalage to 0-0, taping the rear fuse, larger Graupner prop, and stronger/straighter clevises. I also preped my Jerry warmliner for flying.
When I arrived, just before noon, a fair sized crew had showed up at the field. About 9 people, but only 5 guys flew sailplanes. The rest came by to assist or “shoot the breeze”.
The weather conditions were good. Temps peaked in the high 60’s, crystal blue sky, great lift hung over the NW corner of the field. If you reached the NW corner at a high altitude, you were set for the day. Three of us spent our time trimming and testing new birds. Gary had his 100” Sig Riser electric. Poh had a Stork. And I had of course, my cobbled together Radian. All three of us had good luck with our trim flights. No crashes or mishaps. I was quite stunned with the thermalling abilities of my cheap, all foam Radian. It was definitely a keeper. Poh had some long flight times with his Stork. Gary’s Riser flew great, although he was still sorting out spoiler mixing on his DX6e by the end of the day.
All good things must come to an end. So after 3+ hours at the field we headed down the street to Piggy's Bar-B-Que Place for good some good eatins.
Another successful day in Middle TN!

Mike W

PS Some of the guys are up at the St Augustine FSS #2 contest. Wish them luck. Here’s a link: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1th-12th/page2
to remove ads between posts