Mar 11, 2017, 03:22 PM
Help!

Help with microvector osd setup.

Hello.
Im having trouble setting up my micro vector with my FPV equipment. Could you look over my setup to see if Im making a stupid mistake? Im using the Eachine 200 FPV kit, with the vector essentially spliced in between. I also bypassed "Vtx power out" by just using the balance plug connector it comes with. I know my vtx is getting power, but I dont know if the signal is being sent correctly or if the camera is getting power. Every time I power on the vector and my vtx with the balance plug I get an LED error message and cannot connect find any video on my goggles.
Thank you very much! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2017, 07:17 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Is there a good reason why you are not powering the vtx from the vector?
Mar 13, 2017, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers View Post
Is there a good reason why you are not powering the vtx from the vector?
No. But since posting I changed that, so that "vtx pwr in" is from the balance plug and the vtx is powered by the vector. Still no video
Mar 13, 2017, 04:45 PM
Anzac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandelin16 View Post
Hello.
Im having trouble setting up my micro vector with my FPV equipment. Could you look over my setup to see if Im making a stupid mistake? Im using the Eachine 200 FPV kit, with the vector essentially spliced in between. I also bypassed "Vtx power out" by just using the balance plug connector it comes with. I know my vtx is getting power, but I dont know if the signal is being sent correctly or if the camera is getting power. Every time I power on the vector and my vtx with the balance plug I get an LED error message and cannot connect find any video on my goggles.
Thank you very much! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
I set up the same ET 200 setup on the full size vector, not the micro. Might help anyway. I clipped the ET harness and powered the VTX from the Eagle tree 12v port (Pos. Neg & Signal) and the camera from the Eagle tree 5v port (Pos. Neg & Signal).
Mar 14, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallipoli15 View Post
I set up the same ET 200 setup on the full size vector, not the micro. Might help anyway. I clipped the ET harness and powered the VTX from the Eagle tree 12v port (Pos. Neg & Signal) and the camera from the Eagle tree 5v port (Pos. Neg & Signal).
I changed it to that same setup and still no video. Where did your "cam pwr in" come from? Mine is running off of the vtx, but Im worried that its too low. Next step, add a BEC to power both the vector and the cam.
Mar 14, 2017, 10:32 AM
What voltage do you have on the Cam voltage out. And vTX voltage out.
Have you measured these ?
Mar 14, 2017, 01:43 PM
Anzac
Quote:
I changed it to that same setup and still no video. Where did your "cam pwr in" come from? Mine is running off of the vtx, but Im worried that its too low. Next step, add a BEC to power both the vector and the cam.
My camera power came from the ET 5v port.
Mar 14, 2017, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallipoli15 View Post
My camera power came from the ET 5v port.
Ah does the full size vector have a built in voltage regulator? Maybe thats where our confusion is coming from.

So I've switched some things up and still can't get it. Now I've got both the vector and the camera running on a 5v BEC. The vtx is still running off of the balance plug(11.7v). All of my components are working individually but still no video! Can you think of something I'm doing wrong? Sorry I know my diagrams aren't great.
Mar 14, 2017, 03:26 PM
Micro Vector does not supply the power for VTX or Camera, it only passes it through. Power typically comes from the PSU or whatever source you connect on the power side (different plug)
Mar 14, 2017, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdigrazia1 View Post
Micro Vector does not supply the power for VTX or Camera, it only passes it through. Power typically comes from the PSU or whatever source you connect on the power side (different plug)
I understood that power for camera & vtx is supplied externally, via the other connector on the same side as the camera & vtx power out.
Am I missing something ?

Edit: Just reread your answer, sdigrazia1, I think that is what you were saying anyway.

I did ask OP whether he has measured voltages out for vtx and camera ...still waiting.
Mar 14, 2017, 08:27 PM
Quote:
I understood that power for camera & vtx is supplied externally, via the other connector on the same side as the camera & vtx power out.
Am I missing something ?

Edit: Just reread your answer, sdigrazia1, I think that is what you were saying anyway.

I did ask OP whether he has measured voltages out for vtx and camera ...still waiting.
My bad. Yeah voltage out for vtx and camera are 11.7 and 5, respectively
Mar 14, 2017, 09:17 PM
I've seen a few people who have had this problem. Call Eagletree and put in a help ticket. Sounds like you are doing everything right assuming the camera transmitter and receiver are all good.
Mar 15, 2017, 02:49 AM
Quote:
My bad. Yeah voltage out for vtx and camera are 11.7 and 5, respectively
If you have power out to both vtx & camera and your signal wires are connected correctly; and you have them working independently of the uVector, then this is definitely heading towards a support ticket.

Can you confirm you have supplied a single 5v supply to one of the 5v Pwr inputs + a ground in order to power the vector ? Have you measured this voltage?
Mar 15, 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
If you have power out to both vtx & camera and your signal wires are connected correctly; and you have them working independently of the uVector, then this is definitely heading towards a support ticket.

Can you confirm you have supplied a single 5v supply to one of the 5v Pwr inputs + a ground in order to power the vector ? Have you measured this voltage?
Yes and its 5v
Mar 15, 2017, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Yes and its 5v
http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com/open.php