Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

E-Jets International and E-Warbirds 2017

E-Jets International and E-Warbirds 2017 will be held at the TORKS Model Airpark in Mount Sterling Ohio, September 7th - 10th.

Splash

The E-Jets event is happening again this year at the TORKS field in Mount Sterling, Ohio.

September 7th will be an open fly day for event participants so you can get in maiden flights and sort out aircraft before the “official” event.

The format this year will be as it was last year with flying time separated by two categories between sub 100mph aircraft and high performance airframes. This could fluctuate depending on runway demand but we did receive some good feedback last year regarding the airframe flight line mix.

visit http://www.torks.com/ for field info and pics. Use explorer, chrome does not always work.

We will have the same food concessions that we had last year.

Here is a link to Deer Creek State Park, which also shows the other activities available at the park, and the lodge:

There will be discounted rates for the lodge rooms and the cabins. We will update this soon as we receive more information from the park. Note, unlike last year there will be some room availability on Friday night (10) at the lodge.

Lodge: http://www.deercreekstateparklodge.c...k-lodge-rooms/

Cabins: http://www.deercreekstateparklodge.c...-creek-cabins/

Event fee is $30 for the run of the event.

There will be a FREE pizza part at the field Friday night for all registered pilots. The awards banquet will take place Saturday night in the Lodge.

Tent Space

We will once again be offering registrants the option to pit inside a large event tent for a fee. A preregistration fee of $50.00 will include the entry fee for all four days and a spot in the pilot’s tent including a 6' table. If you would rather register at the event, you can reserve a spot in the pilot’s tent with table for an additional $30.00. It is important that we have an idea of how many pilots want a spot so we can provide the appropriate space needed and decide if we will need a second tent. Please pre-register, or PM me or Terry to hold a spot in the tent. Registration materials will be up on our website soon. We will update the thread at that point.

This thread is privately moderated by kevin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 12, 2017, 06:32 AM
2017 EDF Jet Jam, June 15-18
Looking forward to the event!
Mar 13, 2017, 08:39 PM
Thanx for posting that info...This is on MY Radar for this season.
Mar 14, 2017, 10:03 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18th
Hi Kevin,
That first photo with the RCGroups flags and the E-Jets/E-Warbirds on the runway. Was that Photoshopped or did you guys get out the paint buckets? Looks nice.

Dan Eaton
Mar 14, 2017, 10:36 AM
Nope, no paint buckets. Courtesy of RCG when they turned the post into a featured post. I like it
Mar 18, 2017, 10:45 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18
Looking forward to being there!
Mar 18, 2017, 01:12 PM
So I wonder how many HH, FMS and FW A-10's will attend? My guess it at least 10!
Mar 21, 2017, 08:50 AM
One of the photos shows a tent right next to the flight line. Can we camp there as well?
Mar 21, 2017, 05:59 PM
Dan did last year! There were also 4 campers in the parking lot including us.
Mar 21, 2017, 06:28 PM
You can camp on site, but not that close to the flight line. Were you planning on a tent or a camper?
Mar 21, 2017, 07:06 PM

Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
You can camp on site, but not that close to the flight line. Were you planning on a tent or a camper?
I have a pop up tent which sits on top of my trucks eight foot bed. That way I can put my planes in one of my trailers.

I'll be signing up for sure. That is a great looking runway and flying field.
Mar 21, 2017, 10:52 PM
Camping is available at the flying site. It is basically primitive but the dump station at the actual campground is available for holding tank emptying when you leave. We will also have water available for fill up on arrival. There is some grass area available but the majority of the camper parking will be on asphalt parallel with the runway. We also have a block of 10 rooms and 20 cabins reserved for our group at the lodge. Call the lodge directly and mention you are attending a TORKS event for the discounted rate. Our Saturday night banquet will also take place there. The lodge is a really nice place. Has an indoor Olympic size pool, restaurant, bar, gift shop, exercise facility and banquet rooms. It is directly across the lake from the flying site. As Kevin stated we will also be having a free pizza party at the flying site on Friday evening. Should be a really fun event for the whole family.
Mar 22, 2017, 07:09 AM
I would love to this what is the closest major airport? Anyone want to play taxi?

I am thinking may be able to buy a plane then post it home or sell it at the event end. Can you fly with lipos? Radio is fine I assume.
Mar 22, 2017, 07:11 AM
Also anyone know what the l39 in the background is?