This thread is privately moderated by KC8CYF, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2017, 09:50 AM
Trader Rating: 14
Thread OP
$170.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Graupner mz-18

Have a Graupner mz18 lightly used on simulator past two weeks since purchasing new. Nothing wrong with it, works/ functions as it should. I've bound the GR24L on the work bench with a 3Digi FBL unit to test integration and move servos on the bench only. Never mounted.

I'm considering sale because I'm not 100% sold on the "feel" of the Tx , switch placement and programming. I'm coming from a background in Futaba 14SG... and thinking of going back to that or Jeti DS14/16 down the road. Maybe wishing I would have tried the mz24 pro a little as well...

Mode 2, setup for helicopter. (original box has a sticker that said Mode 1 on it, but was actually setup as mode 2 from Graupner)

Includes GR24L receiver, USB cable for radio and adapter to Graupner devices, 2000 mAh NiMh Battery (3 charge cycles), No charger, Graupner neck strap, manual and hard case. Will include original box .

This post is my first on RC Groups. I'm found on HeliFreak with the same handle "KC8CYF" plenty of positive feedback from sales/trades.

Graupner is not popular among the heli community and therefore I'm reaching out on the airplane forums.

Let me know if you're interested. I will add photos later or this weekend. (looks like the new mz18 on the GraupnerUSA website).

Shipping included now, CONUS only. FYI I found that shipping to Canada is $60 for this package size/weight, 3-9 days. I will split shipping cost 50/50... for Canada only. (USPS shipping is around $20-30 shipped CONUS)

Thanks,
Greg
Last edited by KC8CYF; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Reduced price, CONUS
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2017, 10:00 AM
Trader Rating: 52
Greg is a Good Guy. Buy with confidence!
Mar 11, 2017, 10:33 AM
Trader Rating: 41
RBW's sock puppet account.
Great radio for helis or other aircraft regardless of what the cool kids are using.
Mar 11, 2017, 11:04 AM
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves
Great radio for helis or other aircraft regardless of what the cool kids are using.
Gotta agree but there is a steep learning curve. As an aside, the 24 pro is one of the comfortable radios I've ever had in my hands - steep price to play with it though..
Latest blog entry: FrSky Long Range!
Mar 11, 2017, 11:37 AM
ALY
Trader Rating: 5
ALY
Pmed you with some questions!

I wish I live in the States!
Mar 11, 2017, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
I didn't think the learning was bad... just different. Easier to navigate with the icon format. Programming flight modes was a bit tedious since you have full range of possibilities which is nice when you fine tune everything... would have been nice if there was "global" mode to fix certain items the way you like and "switch" mode for the ones we want different. I noticed you can set a model as "global" but could correlate to new models without model copy function.

I did not care for the "gas limiter" feature. Heli models have channel 9 permanently tied to channel 6 as a safety function, as if throttle hold and throttle cut options were not enough.

3Digi integration was simple. Gimbals are very nice, smooth and easy to adjust. Definitely needs the optional LiPO battery, only get 4-5 hours out of the 2000mAh NiMH on the SIM with Tx off.

I have my eye on Jeti someday... but the mz24 Pro might be more my price point. The Pro has features the mz18 lacks, including logical switches and program menu shortcuts that one would think should work on both systems... maybe a firmware update will address it. Finally, with 12 channels (11 freely programmable channels + the special gas limiter channel)... I'll have plenty of channels available for tuning.

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's a great radio, just having buyers remorse, under bought what I really wanted.
Mar 11, 2017, 01:02 PM
Thread OP
ALY I PM'd you, please let me know if you're getting the messages. I don't see my replies in the sent folder.
Mar 11, 2017, 02:36 PM
Trader Rating: 41
RBW's sock puppet account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemsGuy
Gotta agree but there is a steep learning curve. As an aside, the 24 pro is one of the comfortable radios I've ever had in my hands - steep price to play with it though..
Ill take the one time learning curve over the spektrums flipping through the menus to get at what you want, never mind naming a new model.

The battery is the weak spot but the 4000mah is only $20 or so, then you have a 2000mah flight pack to use.

ETA, these are AFAIK able to be changed between Mode 1 and 2 via the programming.
Last edited by RaisedByWolves; Mar 11, 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Mar 11, 2017, 03:11 PM
ALY
Trader Rating: 5
ALY
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8CYF
ALY I PM'd you, please let me know if you're getting the messages. I don't see my replies in the sent folder.
I just replied, and my internet was down a bit earlier.

sorry
Mar 13, 2017, 11:51 AM
Thread OP
TTT

Added photos.
Shipping included for CONUS only.
Price Drop...

Add I bought an mz24 pro from the FG forums... so I'll still be in the Graupner scene for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Forgot to mention that the firmware on the Radio and Receiver was updated to the most recent release (as of 9mar17) from Graupner. (1.050 on Tx and 3.78 on the GR-24L)
Last edited by KC8CYF; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Firmware versions added.

Quick Reply