A Look at the Development of the Mavic Pro - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

A Look at the Development of the Mavic Pro

DJI released a quick video addressing some of the most difficult aspects of designing the Mavic Pro.

Splash

The Developers Faced Many Challenges

The DJI Mavic Pro is one of the most compact and technologically-advanced consumer drones available today; with it's development came some interesting challenges to overcome. In the video below, some of the DJI developers described how they handled issues such as the folding arms, frame size, camera size, and cooling the multiple onboard processors. We also get a look at a few preliminary designs that didn't pass muster (phew!).

Thousands of hours were spent trying to re-engineer and shrink the Phantom's camera and stabilization technology to suit the Mavic Pro. As an owner of this amazing little aircraft, I can honestly say that it was worth the price tag as it get's some serious air time while some of my other rigs stay in the hangar! With all the hours put into it's development, let's hope the DJI team can invest a few more into giving us end users a way to turn off that annoying wind warning!

Enjoy the video.

DJI – Mavic Pro: The Art of Form (3 min 1 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 10, 2017 at 01:01 PM..
Mar 10, 2017, 03:12 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
I remember an interview with Frank Wang a few years ago, where he said that he wanted DJI to be like the Apple of drones. This video is but one small sign of how far the company has come in realizing that aspiration.
Mar 10, 2017, 03:38 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Whatever anyone thinks of DJI as a company, you have to admit, that's a remarkable job engineering. Mavic is cool.
Mar 10, 2017, 04:25 PM
There's magic in those wings !
I love it
Mar 10, 2017, 06:34 PM
What's that? Hawaiian noises?

A Look at the Development of the Mavic Pro

I wonder if DR Turbo is in that video 😀

Honestly until you put this in your hand it's hard to describe how amazing it is, It's a true marvel of engineering this really is.

Also the RC gets overlooked as well but honestly it feels like it should have a Sony badge on it, it's solid and just feels quality.

Some cool bits

Naza LED

You can see the design evolving at this point

The Camera and gimbal is a real marvel

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Mar 11, 2017 at 03:24 AM.
Mar 10, 2017, 08:53 PM
DJI Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I wonder if DR Turbo is in that video 😀
Dr Tao, aka Dr Turbo was not, but Paul Pan our camera guy extraordinaire was.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Mar 11, 2017, 02:29 AM
So there are no more engineers/designers in the west world ?
Our turn to start cloning their creations ?
Mar 11, 2017, 06:07 AM
I been a fan of DJI ever since the original Phantom and am happy to see them progress so much over the years. The new technology is amazing and I love my cute little Mavic!
Mar 11, 2017, 03:04 PM
There's magic in those wings !
My Precioussssss !!! with the voice of Golem

Although I don't have one yet .... I'm planning to get one ... it is gonna be really difficult to do so if I'm still living where I'm right now .. maybe if I wait longet I get the Mavic 2 in a more beautiful country ....

Hats off to DJI

Khaled
Last edited by khaled_abobakr; Mar 11, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
May 06, 2017, 04:44 AM
No Shill Zone
Until the Mavic, I always thought DJI was just another Chinese hack company that like most, IE..almost gets it right but never quite finishes what they start and leave loose ends. I've said it before when I first seen this product that it reminds me of the Sony Abio how the fit and finish is so perfected. The Mavic is the product that made me believe that DJI had finally grown into a real company and it doesn't look like anyone can compete. I still think the personal camera drone market will start to plateau this year and next but DJI I feel will still bring out innovative products.