New: J. Me Drone 4K Camera + 2 Axis Micro Gimbal {Reserved for Review} - Page 17 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 17, 2017, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastomtom
Can you post video demoing the flight modes? (Visual tracking, visual leaving), surround mode?
By the way, what is surround mode? Is it the same with orbit mode?
Here's my video with these modes

Feima robotics j. me, Penza (4 min 14 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2017, 10:21 AM
Thanks for this video. Follow mode seems to work well.
May 18, 2017, 10:08 AM
Today came a new firmware for the drone, version 1.2.7
May 18, 2017, 07:54 PM
firmware update:
Improve the hovering precision under GPS in open area. Calibration is not needed any more. Yellow status light means interference compass needs calibration.
Bug fixes
May 19, 2017, 05:29 AM
Dear guys, thank you so much for all this detailed reports about this drone, i follow attentive. I search actual for some smal drone to make nice memories like vids and pictures during holidays (must fits in an back pack). I was already short before to buy an S6, before i found this J.ME, which has the missed characteristics, especially the gimbal. Now there is one thing, i consider about the flying range, after release of the announced remote control. Will it increase the reachable distance and if, what do you guess is possible via wifi (i am really a noob in the technical possibilities with drones). And if its worth to wait for the dji spark, which could be better in this!? Im really little bit afraid, that the 100-200 m are enough for "fly away" landscape photography.
So I hope for an honest opinion of experts like you
Thanks a lot in advance and go on!
May 19, 2017, 05:36 AM
I updated the firmware .... it's a long process..... without any progression indication.... After uploading the firmware, the process start close to 1min later ... and then it's super long with mainly the rear light flashing red.... then a reboot. In total 3 or 4 four reboots....

Feima J.me Firware upgrade 1.1.15 to 1.2.7 (19 min 31 sec)
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 19, 2017, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugn
Dear guys, thank you so much for all this detailed reports about this drone, i follow attentive. I search actual for some smal drone to make nice memories like vids and pictures during holidays (must fits in an back pack). I was already short before to buy an S6, before i found this J.ME, which has the missed characteristics, especially the gimbal. Now there is one thing, i consider about the flying range, after release of the announced remote control. Will it increase the reachable distance and if, what do you guess is possible via wifi (i am really a noob in the technical possibilities with drones). And if its worth to wait for the dji spark, which could be better in this!? Im really little bit afraid, that the 100-200 m are enough for "fly away" landscape photography.
So I hope for an honest opinion of experts like you
Thanks a lot in advance and go on!
Have been on the look for a small(ish) quad that has good performance in the video/picture department and at first thought too the J.Me might fit the bill. But I for one am waiting to see what the Spark will be like; Dji has a name to uphold and already an impressive array of good performing quads to their name so I'm pretty sure the Spark will eclipse the J.Me
May 19, 2017, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Have been on the look for a small(ish) quad that has good performance in the video/picture department and at first thought too the J.Me might fit the bill. But I for one am waiting to see what the Spark will be like; Dji has a name to uphold and already an impressive array of good performing quads to their name so I'm pretty sure the Spark will eclipse the J.Me
Not a fact that eclipses J.me. We are waiting for the controller, then it will be already lost on equal terms to compare Spark and J.me
May 19, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Yeah you're right. To be honest, I already thought the same. And now it's less than one week to wait, till we know more about Dji. It's a little pity, cause could already need it for an short trip next weekend... But if the spark is disappointingly, maybe I should find some shop her in Shanghai for an quick shot to get the J.ME ;-p
May 19, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugn
Yeah you're right. To be honest, I already thought the same. And now it's less than one week to wait, till we know more about Dji. It's a little pity, cause could already need it for an short trip next weekend... But if the spark is disappointingly, maybe I should find some shop her in Shanghai for an quick shot to get the J.ME ;-p
According to a frien who is testing the Spark, it's a killer but 2-axis gimbal too
May 19, 2017, 01:50 PM
The following modes were added:
1. When choosing the function "follow me", there are two options: to fly in parallel or to fly behind / in front of the object
2. If you choose to fly around the object, you can now select either clockwise or counter-clockwise.
May 19, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
According to a frien who is testing the Spark, it's a killer but 2-axis gimbal too
As long as it works great, I see no problem in that
May 19, 2017, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aush82
The following modes were added:
1. When choosing the function "follow me", there are two options: to fly in parallel or to fly behind / in front of the object
2. If you choose to fly around the object, you can now select either clockwise or counter-clockwise.

on iOS ??? coz not in Android actuallu ....
May 19, 2017, 07:01 PM
Quote:
As long as it works great, I see no problem in that
Yeah, imo a 3d gimbal on a craft this size is overkill and the extra cost would cut sales considerably.
May 19, 2017, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
on iOS ??? coz not in Android actuallu ....
In the update for the drone, version 1.2.7