Mar 09, 2017, 04:47 PM
Discussion

New: J. Me Drone 4K Camera + 2 Axis Micro Gimbal {Reserved for Review}

Hi all,

Just came across this new drone from Feima Robotics (http://www.feimarobotics.com/). It's calledthe J.Me Selfie Quadcopter. It's fairly small, looks like a around the size of the Breeze (maybe a little larger), has a pleasant design, reminiscent of the Lily Drone. It also rocks, perhaps most interestingly, a 2 axis mechanical gimbal! Also, 4K video option.

Other features, reportedly, per Geekbuying:
All-in-one Design
All-in-one design,small and light,fly when you want.
One Key Takeoff / Landing
One press automatically taking off or landing, rc quadcopter will take off or go back to the position where it took off.
Waypoints
Set one waypoint ,J.ME will be centered on that point , and hover at the same height
Interactive Flight Control System
Basing on MTK Hello X20 smart chip,independent development.Realizing smart flying precision poistioning and hovering.
4K Camera
Equipped with 4K camera which can shoot 4K/30 fps video and 12MP pictures.
720p HD Real-time Video Transmission
Gimbal Stabilization
The smallest 2-axis gimbal all over the world, the gimbal is just 35 g(camera included )
Mechanical and electronic double stabilization, green hand can shoot clear image
Use IIGC adaptive control algorithm, PTZ jitter accuracy is up±0.02°
23 Minutes Flight Time
Fly for up to 23 minutes on a single charge. Intelligent battery makes it easy to check ,safe and worry-free.
Follow Me
With advanced Optical Flow module, ultrasound module. Support flight safe and hover indoor without GPS,which let J.ME detect horizontal position and flight height.
One Key to Share
Capture every wonderful moment,one key to share to social web.

Photos of J.Me Quadcopter:

Video of J.Me Drone:

Feima Robotics J.ME 4K Camera FPV Drone With World's Smallest 2-Axis Gimbal (4 min 18 sec)

Probably the best video so far, showing off features. Some promotional material. Looks like some voice command feature too, possibly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQgOJ-tWA9A\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=U8LrxNLyHBM

J.ME フォロー・ミー Wifi FPV 4K カメラ GPS 付き クアッドコプター (フォンによって&#2104 (1 min 51 sec)

Déballage de J.ME (2 min 51 sec)

very serious unboxing!

Price range right now looks like comparable with Dobby, Yuneec Breeze, Wingsland S6, $450 arena. Not a lot of details or reviews on it yet, hoping to have more info soon. The micro gimbal looks quite nice, and appears to be one of the first of it's size with such, at its price point. All others at that price point and size rely on EIS.

[-reserved for Review]
Last edited by quadcopnewb; Mar 12, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2017, 04:59 PM
Fan of pusher multirotors
If this doesn't have any major design flaws, that gimbal will give it a definite edge in quality over all the other selfie drones and might turn it into an instant favourite for those without the means to pay for a Mavic but unwilling to content themselves with an ungimballed H501S. However, its inability to fold up will limit its potential as a true "selfie drone" - few people are likely to casually toss in their backpack a drone whose props might snap if a coke can bangs against it in transport, or something.
Mar 10, 2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah, at this price point, it's like a mini Mavic without the range. A WiFi extender may help with that. Really pumped about the 2axis gimbal, can't wait to see how capable it is.

The video shows them popping the props on/off fairly quickly. I may be tempted to leave them on and just transport it carefully, as I do with other drones like my H501s.

Here is a new video showing off the J.Me drone again, this time from UnboxingChina :

J.me World's Smallest Physical Gimbal Drone Camera Drone Giveaway! (7 min 12 sec)

Looks like Unboxing China is doing a giveaway for the J.ME drone too, consider entering!
Mar 12, 2017, 11:35 PM
Size comparison of J.Me Drone to DJI Mavic and Dobby Drone:

More info here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...acle-Avoidance
Mar 13, 2017, 12:03 PM
I have one coming can't wait to check this one out
Mar 13, 2017, 01:11 PM

Some actual flight

J.ME Fly飛行操作畫面錄影 (2 min 43 sec)
Mar 13, 2017, 01:12 PM
This is what I have been waiting for!
Mar 13, 2017, 01:48 PM
Is the app in english yet?
Mar 13, 2017, 02:02 PM
Not completely i am working with the manufacturer to get it fully translated
Mar 13, 2017, 03:35 PM
Good find CJ! If you need any help with English translation, please let me know--happy to help out any way I can

Here are a few more videos:

Waypoint demonstration:
J.ME捷魅迷你空拍機繪製航線飛行測試 (4 min 43 sec)

Looks really solid

Video footage:
J.ME捷魅迷你空拍機無頭模式操作測試 (2 min 52 sec)

Looking decent

More video footage:
J.ME捷魅無人機處女航測試影片 (3 min 6 sec)

Really looks good. Look for the Mavic in
Mar 15, 2017, 09:09 AM
Where can I download the app ?
Mar 15, 2017, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcopnewb

Waypoint demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbj...ature=youtu.be
Looks really solid
It's going left-right-left-right all through that waypoint demonstration; not exactly solid imo. Should've been more steady.
Mar 15, 2017, 11:44 AM
Yeah, the left and right yaw issue appears in all the videos. They need to adjust something to smooth it out such as the D value in the tune or the values they use to lock the heading based on the compass so it takes an average over time instead of lowing every jitter of the compass.
Mar 15, 2017, 12:49 PM
I ordered one but cannot download the android app anywhere.
Please help !
Mar 15, 2017, 01:04 PM
I found this:
http://www.148apps.com/app/1149754473/

You may have to download it from the website on your phone then install from the phone and make sure your settings allow installation of 3rd party apps.
Just my guess though....