This thread is privately moderated by mark_q, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2017, 02:21 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Thread OP
Discussion

390 Degree Geared Pan and Tilt

This project is really an extension of my earlier Forward Offset Pan & Tilt and my recent Lightweight Pan and Tilt. The Lightweight P&T used printed gears and this unit uses "Store Bought" Acetyl gears which (for me) work much more smoothly. Built to the below specs, it will turn 390 degrees and tilt 110 degrees total. It is designed around the Turnigy™ TGY-R5180MG 180 Degree Metal Gear Analog Servo and a pair of 32 pitch Acetyl gears from ServoCity. It is a bit more robust and with the new gears much smoother. It will cover the entire 390 degree sweep with standard servo output of 1000µs to 2000µs and centers very well.

So, here is my 390 degree Pan & Tilt

Build Wiki

390 degrees rotation and light weight!
Last edited by mark_q; Dec 07, 2018 at 01:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 03:36 PM
FlyingRock
Hi Mark

Once again this is brilliant stuff. Thanks for not only sharing the designs but also the building instructions!

all the best

Charles
Jun 04, 2017, 09:28 PM
now we only need a sexy aerodynamic canopy to fit around that pan/tilt
Oct 20, 2017, 09:53 AM
What a great desingˇˇˇ congratulations.

Im from Spain and i am looking hard for find the gears near me... the www.steplab.net link seems dont work... I see in your oldest projest you printed similar gears.. i can do the same?. Thanksss
Oct 28, 2017, 05:57 AM
FlyingRock
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Young
Hi Mark

Once again this is brilliant stuff. Thanks for not only sharing the designs but also the building instructions!

all the best

Charles
here it is!
Oct 28, 2017, 11:25 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Young
here it is!
Nice!
Nice lens protection too

Quick Reply