Nov 15, 2019, 06:43 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRea
I damaged the ESC in a bad crash, and I don’t know if I trust repairing it.
The direct replacement is $85.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/60-amp-...2%29-efla1060b

However, I’m also looking at the SMART ESC which is only $60.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/spmxae1060

Something feels wrong that newer ESC is cheaper.
The EFlite Pro-series ESCs are massively overpriced.

Even $60 is kind of expensive for a 60-amp ESC.

This is more reasonable.

Turnigy Plush-32

Very good ESCs and it has a 5-amp BEC..

You'll have to solder connectors for the battery and female bullet connectors for the motors.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2019, 12:14 PM
Remain Calm

More replacement parts

I love the way this plane flies; it’s become more second most-flown plane. However, some of the plastic parts on this plane seem more fragile or brittle than I recall on other E-flite planes I’ve owned. Not sure why, but in addition to the broken steering arm the main gear cover/mount developed cracks on early flights and one of the ‘collars’ that are part of the trailing link also broke. Went back to the drawing board and was able to come up with some 3D printed replacements. Both required a little ‘post-production finishing’ ( interpret that as sanding/filing) fit well and seem more sturdy. Stl files available if anyone wants them. Printed both of these using ABS, in part because you can smooth the surface with acetone and thought ABS might be more durable.
Nov 18, 2019, 11:06 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
The EFlite Pro-series ESCs are massively overpriced.

Even $60 is kind of expensive for a 60-amp ESC.

This is more reasonable.

Turnigy Plush-32

Very good ESCs and it has a 5-amp BEC..

You'll have to solder connectors for the battery and female bullet connectors for the motors.
This would be my 60a ESC recommendation. Great price and it is Hobbywing.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...esc-rebd002002
Nov 26, 2019, 06:57 PM
They call me Lipo...

E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150....Justwingit FLASHBACK!!!

Here's a Justwingit "Flashback" to SEFF 2017, when I caught up with Ali Machinchy and Jim T. Graham for some lighthearted banter while Ali absolutely WRINGS OUT the Carbon-Z Cessna 150 on it's opening weekend !
E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 2.1m: A JUSTWINGIT FLASHBACK! SEFF 2017 (6 min 19 sec)

Enjoy !!!
Dec 03, 2019, 04:02 PM

Magnets and Receiver Reception

I just got done installing some quarter inch diameter by eighth inch thick magnets for both the battery hatch and top hatch on my C-150. These are the super strong N45 magnets. They should keep my hatches secure, but I'm wondering if those magnets could interfere with radio reception. The magnets respond to each other within 6 or 8 inches. In fact they fly together at about 6 inches. That's a pretty strong magnetic field. Anyone know if this could cause problems with radio reception?
Dec 10, 2019, 12:07 PM

Camera mount

Hi guys new here. I was thinking about trying to mount a action camera to my Carbon Z 150. Iwas wondering where the best place is to mount it and if there are any recommendations on mounting it to my 150. Thanks
Dec 10, 2019, 12:58 PM
Remain Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northflier
I just got done installing some quarter inch diameter by eighth inch thick magnets for both the battery hatch and top hatch on my C-150. These are the super strong N45 magnets. They should keep my hatches secure, but I'm wondering if those magnets could interfere with radio reception. The magnets respond to each other within 6 or 8 inches. In fact they fly together at about 6 inches. That's a pretty strong magnetic field. Anyone know if this could cause problems with radio reception?
Almost all the planes I fly have magnets of various sizes in them and I've never had a problem.
Dec 18, 2019, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRT2018
Hi guys new here. I was thinking about trying to mount a action camera to my Carbon Z 150. Iwas wondering where the best place is to mount it and if there are any recommendations on mounting it to my 150. Thanks
I have the same question. I just got my 150 and want to put a camera on it.
If you just want to mount a camera, then it's easy , just mount it anywhere on the plane.
But if you want to also mount a VTR then it's a little more difficult because you have to mount the VTR close to the camera.
I was thinking on top of the wing.
If you do a thread search on CAMERA you get some hits on camera locations, but I didn't see a picture of the camera and VTR mounted on the plane.
Dec 21, 2019, 03:15 PM
I'm setting up SAFE on my new plane.
I have a 3 position switch set up for the flight modes.
All I see is SAFE on or off.
Does this AR636 receiver also have 3 axis stabilization when SAFE is selected when binding.
My Apprentice had 3 modes that I could select.
1 SAFE on
2 AS3X gyro on
3 OFF
Is this receiver set up this way.
There's no info in my manual describing the safe select switch.
Dec 21, 2019, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
I'm setting up SAFE on my new plane.
I have a 3 position switch set up for the flight modes.
All I see is SAFE on or off.
Does this AR636 receiver also have 3 axis stabilization when SAFE is selected when binding.
My Apprentice had 3 modes that I could select.
1 SAFE on
2 AS3X gyro on
3 OFF
Is this receiver set up this way.
There's no info in my manual describing the safe select switch.
I could be wrong but I do not believe AS3X is optional with this plane. SAFE can be on or off, but I don't think that is available for the4 AS3X.
Dec 21, 2019, 03:54 PM
Is channel 7, AUX 2 reserved for the Flight Mode Switch?
Dec 21, 2019, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Is channel 7, AUX 2 reserved for the Flight Mode Switch?
It has been a long time since I set mine up, but I think my SAFE mode on/off switch came up automatically on the gear switch. generally channel 5.
Dec 21, 2019, 05:23 PM
The only switch that worked automatically is the gear switch.
I assigned the (B) flight mode switch on my DX8 to CH 7 AUX 2.
That worked, but it only turns SAFE on or off.
Does AS3X gyro mode work on this receiver?
Dec 21, 2019, 05:36 PM
Quote:
The only switch that worked automatically is the gear switch.
I assigned the (B) flight mode switch on my DX8 to CH 7 AUX 2.
That worked, but it only turns SAFE on or off.
Does AS3X gyro mode work on this receiver?
I'm pretty sure there is no easy way to disable AS3X on this plane. You can turn SAFE on or off, but that's it.
Dec 21, 2019, 06:11 PM
So can I load in another model into the receiver that has ;
SAFE
AS3x
OFF
on a 3 position switch.

Quick Reply