Aug 18, 2019, 12:52 PM

Servo arm part number?

So it seems that my one hard landing damaged the rudder servo. It has a dead spot and doesn't always return to center. I bought a new one and it comes without the arm or attaching screw, Not a big deal, just take it off the old one. Well it turns out when they installed the arm at the factory they stripped out the hex head of the screw. I cant find the correct servo arm or screw anywhere. I don't think I can get the screw out without ruining it and probably the arm as well. Anyone know the part number for the arm and screw? The servo part number is EFLR7145. Or maybe there is another brand that will fit?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northflier
So it seems that my one hard landing damaged the rudder servo. It has a dead spot and doesn't always return to center. I bought a new one and it comes without the arm or attaching screw, Not a big deal, just take it off the old one. Well it turns out when they installed the arm at the factory they stripped out the hex head of the screw. I cant find the correct servo arm or screw anywhere. I don't think I can get the screw out without ruining it and probably the arm as well. Anyone know the part number for the arm and screw? The servo part number is EFLR7145. Or maybe there is another brand that will fit?
I have never ever bought a servo that didn't come with a set of arms and all the screws needed to mount it. I would speak to customer service on that! Sounds like you got somebody else's reject. As for another brand, whatever size it is, that size in just about any brand, should work.
Aug 18, 2019, 06:09 PM
3D RC... Money well wasted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzir
I had a crashed Cessna, but I glued it back together and have been flying it forever. Great beginner plane assuming you have an instructor/buddy box arrangement, whether you use SAFE or not. You are a good guy for helping the man learn and especially for fixing his plane. Good luck getting the parts you need. Neither of the hatches are too expensive, nor are they REQUIRED for flight. The aileron is a different story. You DO need that! If you can't source one from a crash, you can make one from a sheet of foam. Don't stress over the corrugations, just get the fit close and fly. Good luck!
Yeah, he actually knows how to fly I think he just got it a little too slow and it got away from him. And yeah, id Love to be able to get a left aileron for him. The plane actually looks decent after the repair...
Aug 18, 2019, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dn it
Yeah, he actually knows how to fly I think he just got it a little too slow and it got away from him. And yeah, id Love to be able to get a left aileron for him. The plane actually looks decent after the repair...
My crash contained a perfect storm of a battery going bad, low and slow and a bad decision on my part to retract the flaps at the wrong time. Once the flaps went up, she was no longer flying but falling and she went straight into a wall. I thought it would be unfixable, and if I had bought new parts for everything that was damaged it would have been worth buying a new plane and using the old one for parts, but I managed to fix the fuse which meant twisting the motor mount back into position and epoxying it. One side of the horizontal tail was broke off. Foam tac took care of that, and well as the mangled cowl ring which I decided I would be damned before I would pay 20 dollars for that! The ONLY parts I had to replace were the prop, prop adapter and the spinner. Close up it looks a little rough, but it flies like new. I was pleasantly surprised at how tough this foam bird is!
Aug 18, 2019, 09:03 PM
Lookin' up at the centerline
Not to mention that rough looking birds are more fun because you can do more daring stuff without fear of making them ugly.
Aug 31, 2019, 07:29 PM

Another reason to replace those noisey wheels

On my second battery pack today I was practicing landing. Had about 7 good landings and then one rough one. Here is the results. It really was not that hard of a landing, but shows how really useless the stock wheels are. I was going to replace them anyway and now I have the incentive to get it done.
Not sure what to use as replacements. I'd like to get something softer that can absorb some of the shock without adding much weight. Anyone have a replacement that is working well?
Sep 26, 2019, 05:47 PM
I heard Roberts Tires are a good choice, their much softer. 3''3/4 main gear 3''1/4 nose gear
Sep 26, 2019, 05:49 PM
Sorry "Robarts"
Sep 26, 2019, 05:55 PM

Change prop

I'd like to go with a Graupner 3 blade nylon prop for my on the way Carbon Z Cessna. Does a 8mm diameter bore fit on propeller shaft adapter
Sep 27, 2019, 09:55 AM
I use the Robarts on mine and they work great. They really quieted the plane down on taxi and takeoff.

You'll need some washers to shim the wheels as the back spacing on the rims is different.
Last edited by jlequerica; Sep 27, 2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Fat fingers
Sep 30, 2019, 05:02 PM
Anybody have a spare left wing strut they could sell me? Mine broke off yesterday. At least it was on the ground as I was pulling the wings out and not while it was flying.
Oct 12, 2019, 09:07 PM
Northflier- Spektrum A5040 or Hitec HS-5245MG to replace the 7145.
7145 are the same crappy servo used in the CZ Scimitar and no parts available, not even gears.
Oct 12, 2019, 09:07 PM
They are about $40 which is only 10 more than the 7145.
Oct 25, 2019, 10:46 AM

issues with esc and float servo

went to the lake the other day, beautiful day too! but was unable to fly due to low power throttle, fresh batteries just charged the night before both 4 cell and 6 cell no matter, when throttling up no power! saw on another post somewhere that was to reprogram the esc? just wondering why if before yesterday it was working fine? also noticed that the float servo wasn't working, at least it was in the neutral position but another thing to fix. called HH and all the kid could tell me is to replace esc and servo, great help from them. I'm trying to find how to program esc and really didn't see anything in the manual that came with the plane any suggestions?
Oct 25, 2019, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedaler
went to the lake the other day, beautiful day too! but was unable to fly due to low power throttle, fresh batteries just charged the night before both 4 cell and 6 cell no matter, when throttling up no power! saw on another post somewhere that was to reprogram the esc? just wondering why if before yesterday it was working fine? also noticed that the float servo wasn't working, at least it was in the neutral position but another thing to fix. called HH and all the kid could tell me is to replace esc and servo, great help from them. I'm trying to find how to program esc and really didn't see anything in the manual that came with the plane any suggestions?
I believe to reprogram endpoints on their esc's all you have to do is power it up with the throttle at full, wait for a beep or couple of beeps, and then go to low throttle and it should beep again, if I remember correctly. That's it.
***Make sure that your aircraft is restrained or have the prop removed for safety.***

Quick Reply