E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 2.1m

This officially-licensed Cessna 150 Aerobat is a true semi-scale sport aerobatic aircraft constructed of durable Carbon-Z foam.

E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 2.1m

An 84" Officially-Licensed Cessna 150

Horizon Hobby just introduced another officially-licensed Cessna into their lineup, and this time it's a welcomed giant-scale Aerobat! The Cessna 150 from E-flite is a Carbon-Z foam airframe with tricycle landing gear and a functional oleo strut on the nose. This electric-powered Cessna is designed for 4s up to 6s power, in the 4000mAh to 7000mAh range.

Keeping with tradition, optional floats are available AND even some optional snow skis for winter touch and go's in the pattern. Included with the Carbon Z Cessna 150 is a Spektrum AS3X receiver with optional SAFE Select technology installed, a 50-sized brushless outrunner, 60A esc, and LED nav lights, flaps, and scale wheel pants. The E-flite Cessna 150 retails for $399.99 for the BNF version, and $379.99 for the PNP.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150

E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 2.1m BNF Basic & PNP (5 min 49 sec)

Features:

• A large sport-scale model that can do it all
  • Wide flight envelope - mild to wild
  • Scale details include LED lights, flaps, wheel pants and more
  • No tools required for field assembly
  • Innovative hands-free servo connection system
  • Two-piece wing assembly for easy transport
  • Powerful brushless motor with 60A ESC
  • Large, easy-access battery hatch for 4S-6S 4000-7000mAh LiPo packs
  • Innovative Hands-Free Servo Connection System
  • Vibrant Aerobat trim scheme
  • Rough-field landing gear with shock-absorbing nose strut
  • Optional floats

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 09, 2017 at 10:23 AM..
Mar 09, 2017, 11:12 AM
Meh. I was really excited at first thinking it was going to be a larger version of the new UMX 182, a really good looking plane. This looks too toyish and just not an attractive color scheme in my opinion. I was ready to have my LHS place one on order for me but with what I am seeing i am going to hold off and see if in person (say Toledo show) it gets me more interested. At the moment though it is a pass
Mar 09, 2017, 11:36 AM
Shouldn't this be posted in the electric forum?

Me, I'm very excited to see this and can't wait to get my hands on one!

R
Mar 09, 2017, 11:41 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
Shouldn't this be posted in the electric forum?
It's giant scale and it's electric. Either forum works.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Mar 09, 2017, 11:46 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Pretty airplane and nice size. However, when they get this big, I feel like there lacking some construction ingenuity. Without glazing at this scale the foam begins to look cheap without that major detail. Granted the price point seems right for what it is, but people who are going to drop the dollars for this bird are about being noticed, so engineer some structure that will work with the major foam components and give these pretty birds some class that their size demands.

From the video there is no shortage in the department of performance for sure.

Ken
Mar 09, 2017, 11:52 AM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Pretty airplane and nice size. However, when they get this big, I feel like there lacking some construction ingenuity. Without glazing at this scale the foam begins to look cheap without that major detail. Granted the price point seems right for what it is, but people who are going to drop the dollars for this bird are about being noticed, so engineer some structure that will work with the major foam components and give these pretty birds some class that their size demands.

From the video there is no shortage in the department of performance for sure.

Ken
If it's anything like the Carbon Z T-28 then it'll be a winner for sure.
Mar 09, 2017, 02:14 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Nice.
Mar 09, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hmmm this IS interesting! I wonder...

I wonder how many guys with time in the Full Scale will beat feet down to the local shop for one?

I wonder if it will come out of a spin with the flaps all the way down. I think anyone who has ever had more than 2 hours in a FS 150 knows all about that, or if they don't, they should.

And Skis! With electric power so you might really get out in the snow and use them! No more messing with glow fuel in 10F temperatures then hoping to get the thing started, let alone trying to get an ignition motor started in low enough temps that you've got enough snow to use them. I wonder how they effect the handling?

And Floats! No more "paddle faster da*@it', it's starting to sink"! It's all foam, so even it you do bust it up in the middle of the lake you can probably still salvage it.

Just looked for what it's got for power. The Horizon site says up to 6s Lipo, but only a 60a ESC, a .50 equivalent sized motor swinging a 15x7. I'd think it might want a bit more. That's what I'm thinking of putting in a 56" 5# Extra 300 electric conversion. It's just a feeling, but I'm thinking that big, upright windshield and wing struts might make her a bit 'draggy', even more so with the floats. And it does list a lowest weight of a just about 9 lbs. It looks like it flies pretty well in the video. though. I mean, who wants a 3D 150 anyways?

I wonder if you could rig up an opening side door and slingshot a skydiver out of it?

Yep, I think this is on my 'yeah, with free shipping and a good coupon code' i'd do her list.
Mar 09, 2017, 02:58 PM
Not doing it for me...and I have every one of the Carbon Z planes or have had it.

Now, a clipped wing Taylorcraft would be a different story.

Edited: I've flown the full scale version before many times.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:11 PM
Lurking......
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_33
Meh. I was really excited at first thinking it was going to be a larger version of the new UMX 182, a really good looking plane. This looks too toyish and just not an attractive color scheme in my opinion. I was ready to have my LHS place one on order for me but with what I am seeing i am going to hold off and see if in person (say Toledo show) it gets me more interested. At the moment though it is a pass
Totally agree, The paint scheme on this one just looks cheesy, even though if it is scale. Nice to see something different though.
Last edited by LTR91; Mar 09, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Maybe this thread will get more mileage if under Electric Airplanes, Giant or Scale ARF/RTF?

There's already one under Scale ARF/RTF.
Last edited by easyrider604; Mar 09, 2017 at 03:42 PM.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:41 PM
FPV IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604
Maybe this thread will get more mileage if under Electric Airplanes, Giant Scale?
Your right it's under fuel.
Mar 09, 2017, 03:46 PM
Oh Yeah!
Nice windows....
Mar 09, 2017, 03:51 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Electrons are a type of "fuel".
Mar 09, 2017, 03:55 PM
Fly it like you hate it!
Oh here we go with the dang windows..... figured y'all would be over it by now, but lets beat a dead horse just for fun....

Quick Reply